Disturbing video: 13 year old cheerleader forced into splits by coach despite pleas

The coach should be immediately fired, and charged.

We used to stretch out Tae Kwon Do students in a similar manner, but over an extended period of time and NO force. If the student said stop, we stopped.

A later report on this stated the cheerleaders didn't complain before because they were "afraid of the coach".

The solution is simple. Don't be a cheerleader.

Good thing these girls don't want to be dancers. It is said that George Balanchine, director of the New York City Ballet carried a little switch. If a ballerina did not get her leg up high enough the offending leg got a sting from the switch.

Good thing these girls don't want to be dancers. It is said that George Balanchine, director of the New York City Ballet carried a little switch. If a ballerina did not get her leg up high enough the offending leg got a sting from the switch.

My Russian fencing master walked around class with his foil, swatting those who weren't performing up to speed.

No big thing. We all laughed and straightened up.

who knows the glee that the coach may have gotten from hurting this kid . I looked at video . -------------------------- as another comment , my girl is way beyond school age but if there was a male coach teaching my Daughter to do splits while manhandling her i wouldn't allow it simply because he is male .

Disturbing, damn good way to tear ligaments. Heads should roll

Just saw the girl has torn muscle tissue and a possible pulled hamstring.

Last edited:

My Russian fencing master walked around class with his foil, swatting those who weren't performing up to speed.

My fencing master did the same thing. One of our exercises was to fence blindfolded, that sting came out of nowhere.

If I didn't like it, I could always quit.

My fencing master did the same thing. One of our exercises was to fence blindfolded, that sting came out of nowhere.

The girl in the video tried to quit and the POS wouldn't stop.

It's not a big thing until the person to whom it's being done says stop. At that point, it's not a laughing matter.

It's not a big thing until the person to whom it's being done says stop. At that point, it's not a laughing matter.

No she didn't. She wanted them to quit. The magic words are "I quit being on the cheerleading team."

No she didn't. She wanted them to quit. The magic words are "I quit being on the cheerleading team."

The magic words are stop doing what you're doing or something to the same effect.

The magic words are stop doing what you're doing or something to the same effect.
Okay. Then the girl is told to go home. She is no longer eligible to be a cheerleader.

Okay. Then the girl is told to go home. She is no longer eligible to be a cheerleader.

You're confused, what was done to her was wrong, likely illegal and in no way prevents her from being a cheerleader. The ones that shuld be going home are the staff ...for good

You're confused, what was done to her was wrong, likely illegal and in no way prevents her from being a cheerleader. The ones that shuld be going home are the staff ...for good
If she cannot do splits and refuses to do splits, she cannot be a cheerleader. Or she has to find a team that plays around at cheerleading and makes no demands.

Next year she can try out for gymnastics and refuse the balance beam.

The whole thing is ridiculous. If she is unwilling to meet the standards, even with help, she should be dropped.

It should not even be under discussion.

For not wanting to be physically abused?

If she cannot do splits and refuses to do splits, she cannot be a cheerleader. Or she has to find a team that plays around at cheerleading and makes no demands.

Next year she can try out for gymnastics and refuse the balance beam.

The whole thing is ridiculous. If she is unwilling to meet the standards, even with help, she should be dropped.

It should not even be under discussion.

There are proper ways to do it, that wasn't one of them. Our daughters are in gymnastics and if one of their coaches pulled that shit it would end badly for them. You do not damage muscles and risk other injury doing that shit

No. The coach tells the girl to go home, permanently.

Football players who refuse to throw a pass. Baseball players who won't pick up a bat, dancers who won't give a high kick. Cheerleaders who refuse a split should all go home and take up another hobby.

Forum List

Back