Dispute erupts over whether Brennan, Comey pushed Steele dossier, as DOJ probe into misconduct begin

So what? Concluding that he can't indict a sitting President does not prevent him from declaring that Trump obstructed justice. So why didn't he?
Mueller was not looking for exculpatory evidence, so naturally he is not going to find any. His job was not to prove Trump's innocence, it was to prove his guilt (which he clearly failed to do). So don't give me that bullshit that there's "plenty of evidence of obstruction against Trump". There is none and you know it.

If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the fats that the President clearly did NOT commit obstruction of justice, we would so STATE. Based on the facts and the legal standards, however we are unable to reach THAT JUDGMENT

You have a legal investigation that clearly states that they have no confidence that Trump did not commit obstruction of justice

I know that there are a lot of negatives in that sentence but they are the bad kind of negatives which stated that the investigators believe he committed a crime. A crime that he would have been indicted for in a regular court and if he wasn't the president.

If you believe that he did not commit a crime that is your prerogative
people still believe that OJ did it but he was tried and found not guilty

Its up to the house to impeach and the Senate to convict

The Mueller report has all the proof it needs
I'm gonna explain it to you one more time. Mueller (as hard as he tried) did not find enough evidence to indict anyone for collusion OR obstruction, and he did not (as hard as he tried) find enough evidence to recommend impeachment. Face the facts, this was a failed attempt to frame the President, and soon those who participated in the frame-up will have to answer for their crimes. I know it's difficult for you to accept but you've got nothing, and your coup is over. The only thing left is to round up and prosecute the criminals who put our country through this failed attempt to overthrow a sitting President.
In the Mueller report, Mueller left it up to Congress. And with this latest Flynn evidence, obstruction has been solidified and proven. The truth has you by the balls and there is nothing you can do about it;

"Mueller left it up to Congress."

NO!

Under the law, there is a determination made if there is sufficient evidence to persecute. THAT IS NOT CONGRESSES JOB UNDER THE LAW. When Mueller chose not to make a determination that was left to Barr and the DOJ UNDER THE LAW.

Quit watching MSDNC lies.

//thinkprogress.org/mueller-report-rules-were-written-to-give-congress-access-say-experts-8f9619d3a430/ Get a clue.

LOL...

You folks really are ignorant of the law... THINK PROGRESS? Really? A far left whack job site? Really?

Why don't you read the US Title Code and let me know what you find..

So what? Concluding that he can't indict a sitting President does not prevent him from declaring that Trump obstructed justice. So why didn't he?
Mueller was not looking for exculpatory evidence, so naturally he is not going to find any. His job was not to prove Trump's innocence, it was to prove his guilt (which he clearly failed to do). So don't give me that bullshit that there's "plenty of evidence of obstruction against Trump". There is none and you know it.

If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the fats that the President clearly did NOT commit obstruction of justice, we would so STATE. Based on the facts and the legal standards, however we are unable to reach THAT JUDGMENT

You have a legal investigation that clearly states that they have no confidence that Trump did not commit obstruction of justice

I know that there are a lot of negatives in that sentence but they are the bad kind of negatives which stated that the investigators believe he committed a crime. A crime that he would have been indicted for in a regular court and if he wasn't the president.

I'm gonna explain it to you one more time. Mueller (as hard as he tried) did not find enough evidence to indict anyone for collusion OR obstruction, and he did not (as hard as he tried) find enough evidence to recommend impeachment. Face the facts, this was a failed attempt to frame the President, and soon those who participated in the frame-up will have to answer for their crimes. I know it's difficult for you to accept but you've got nothing, and your coup is over. The only thing left is to round up and prosecute the criminals who put our country through this failed attempt to overthrow a sitting President.
In the Mueller report, Mueller left it up to Congress. And with this latest Flynn evidence, obstruction has been solidified and proven. The truth has you by the balls and there is nothing you can do about it;

NO!

Under the law, there is a determination made if there is sufficient evidence to persecute. THAT IS NOT CONGRESSES JOB UNDER THE LAW. When Mueller chose not to make a determination that was left to Barr and the DOJ UNDER THE LAW.

Billy Bob you don't know WTF you are talking about, stop listening to morons like Hannity and Limpbaugh.

Nixon was forced to resign for much less. You don't have anything to worry about, because the spineless Senate we have are not going to do anything. Republicans are just spineless Trump Humpers.

Let me know when you have taken the time to read US law and get back to me... Your out in space on this one..

if you had read the Mueller report, he states in there why he did not indict him, and who has the power to punish a president's lawlessness.

Mueller states, it is in the hands of congress to decide whether to impeach a lawless president.

And the justice dept's job to charge and prosecute after a president is removed from office.

His job was to gather all the evidence, while the crimes and minds of witnesses were fresh.

------------------------

Kenneth Starr did not charge president clinton with perjury or obstruction either, because the justice dept rule, states you can not charge a president with a crime while sitting as president.

Kenneth Starr turned over his unredacted report to Congress, for them to decide whether to impeach clinton or not.

if you had read the Mueller report, he states in there why he did not indict him, and who has the power to punish a president's lawlessness.

Mueller states, it is in the hands of congress to decide whether to impeach a lawless president.

And the justice dept's job to charge and prosecute after a president is removed from office.

His job was to gather all the evidence, while the crimes and minds of witnesses were fresh.

------------------------

Kenneth Starr did not charge president clinton with perjury or obstruction either, because the justice dept rule, states you can not charge a president with a crime while sitting as president.

Kenneth Starr turned over his unredacted report to Congress, for them to decide whether to impeach clinton or not.
Mueller did not conclude that Trump obstructed justice. The closest he came to that was to say he couldn't conclude he did NOT obstruct. Ken Starr DID conclude that Clinton committed perjury, which was obvious. BIG difference. And if it's in the hands of Congress to impeach Trump, and they're so sure they have proof, what are they waiting for? Stop babbling about it and start the impeachment proceedings. What are you waiting for?

NO!

Billy Bob you don't know WTF you are talking about, stop listening to morons like Hannity and Limpbaugh.

Nixon was forced to resign for much less. You don't have anything to worry about, because the spineless Senate we have are not going to do anything. Republicans are just spineless Trump Humpers.

Let me know when you have taken the time to read US law and get back to me... Your out in space on this one..

you are misunderstand the law....

verifying that what is in the application is true is not the same as verifying the dossier part as being fact....

if, when they used parts of the dossier in the FISA application, they explained that it came from a reliable source, Christopher Steele, doing opposition research on Candidate Trump, and was not verified yet.. then they are telling the truth and all is A-OK.

if they said in the application about the parts used from the dossier was verified information, when it was not verified, then that would be lying by them, and should not be signed off on by the AG or acting AG or the FBI director.

Comey and Brennan are throwing each other under the bus. Looks to me like the two of them are both trying to save their own ass but in the end they will both end up with prison sentences.
No one is going to be thrown in prison, for goodness sake! You guys are too much to handle with all of this crapola that you are fed to believe....

If someone violated something, it would be a CIVIL OFFENSE, not a criminal offense?

I don't think so. What they were doing is a denial of civil liberties under color of authority and DA Mike Nifong went to jail for a year for doing this exact thing. Only his crime wasn't further complicated by the felonious act of conspiracy.

No, if Barr actually follows through, and finds evidence that the co-conspirators haven't been able to destroy...they are looking at really long prison sentences.

Comey and Brennan are throwing each other under the bus. Looks to me like the two of them are both trying to save their own ass but in the end they will both end up with prison sentences.
No one is going to be thrown in prison, for goodness sake! You guys are too much to handle with all of this crapola that you are fed to believe....

If someone violated something, it would be a CIVIL OFFENSE, not a criminal offense?

I don't think so. What they were doing is a denial of civil liberties under color of authority and DA Mike Nifong went to jail for a year for doing this exact thing. Only his crime wasn't further complicated by the felonious act of conspiracy.

No, if Barr actually follows through, and finds evidence that the co-conspirators haven't been able to destroy...they are looking at really long prison sentences.
highly unlikely, imo....

disclosure!
i don't now the DA Nifong case, will have to research it....

ahhhh, the Duke DA guy

Michael Byron Nifong (born September 14, 1950) is a disbarred North Carolina attorney.[2] He served as the district attorney for Durham County, North Carolina until he was removed, disbarred and jailed following court findings concerning his conduct in the Duke lacrosse case, primarily his conspiring with the DNA lab director to withhold exculpatory DNA evidence that could have acquitted the defendants.[3]

That's a whole different ballgame.... he withheld, DNA results that would have exonerated the accused....

There was nothing similar in this case...

IF they were honest and said that the dossier part of the application came from a reliable source they have used before, but the information was raw, and had not been verified yet, (if that was the case, and it had not been verified yet on the Carter Page stuff)

then it would be up to the Judge on how to weigh it.

The carter Page application was 400 pages, the dossier on Carter Page, was just 3 pages.....

seems like that is an awful lot of evidence in their application that does not pertain to the allegedly, unverified dossier part.

I wish President Trump would declassify that FISA warrant application, ALL 400 PAGES of it, so we ALL could see it and know the facts, instead of pitting us against one another, without any real facts to go by! :eek:

Nobody is going to jail, because this investigation was above board. Barr is just trying to take the heat away from Trump with this bullshit about him being spied on. This is the most corrupt administration in the history of this country and the sad part is this spineless Senate and Trump Humpers are turning a blind eye and deaf ear because they want to stay in.power.

NO!

Let me me know when you have read the duties and responsibilities of Congress when it comes to oversight. A president doesn't have to break the law to be impeached.

NO!

verifying that what is in the application is true is not the same as verifying the dossier part as being fact....

if, when they used parts of the dossier in the FISA application, they explained that it came from a reliable source, Christopher Steele, doing opposition research on Candidate Trump, and was not verified yet.. then they are telling the truth and all is A-OK.

if they said in the application about the parts used from the dossier was verified information, when it was not verified, then that would be lying by them, and should not be signed off on by the AG or acting AG or the FBI director.

They knew the information in the dossier was not true. By saying nothing, it does not mean they didn't lie. It means they lied by omission. You're desperate to let them off the hook but they are not off the hook. They still committed a crime. The only thing yet to be determined is which one of them directly misled the FISA court. Comey and Brennan are now accusing each other of being the one who did the misleading. Brennan seems to be the one who pushed it but one would have to be extremely naïve to think the rest of the gang didn't know about it. Barr isn't wasting any time finding out either, so I expect some heads will be rolling before the end of this year.

NO!

They knew the information in the dossier was not true. By saying nothing, it does not mean they didn't lie.

How would they know it wasn't true until they did an investigation on it.

It means they lied by omission. You're desperate to let them off the hook but they are not off the hook. They still committed a crime.

Really, what crime did they commit?

The only thing yet to be determined is which one of them directly misled the FISA court.

How do you mislead the FISA Court?

Comey and Brennan are now accusing each other of being the one who did the misleading. Brennan seems to be the one who pushed it but one would have to be extremely naïve to think the rest of the gang didn't know about it. Barr isn't wasting any time finding out either, so I expect some heads will be rolling before the end of this year.

Just another Right wing fantasy to try and take the heat off of Trump.

The Mule's job wasn't to leave it up to congress, cement head.

Mueller wanted desperately to nail Trump but he didn't have the evidence and he couldn't get anybody to perjure themselves to falsely implement him and he didn't want the left to go after HIM if he exonerated him, so he handed it over to Barr, knowing the left would go after Barr instead of him when he declared there was nothing there. The desperate attempts to force Barr to release the entire report, unredacted, is clearly an attempt to get him to break the law so they can prosecute him. They're scared shitless now that THEY'RE the ones being investigated and THIS investigation is not a bogus one.

Everything you just posted is either a lie or you are wrong. The good thing about all that is, the courts will set you straight.

The courts? First you have to charge somebody with something. Who you gonna charge, bro? And what are you gonna charge them with? Come on, counselor, tell us your plan. :lol:

Violating subpoenas and not turning over lawful documents. They will be held in contempt with fines and or jail time. Why do people like you ask obvious stupid questions that anyone with just a little knowledge can answer for themselves?

NO!

They knew the information in the dossier was not true. By saying nothing, it does not mean they didn't lie. It means they lied by omission. You're desperate to let them off the hook but they are not off the hook. They still committed a crime. The only thing yet to be determined is which one of them directly misled the FISA court. Comey and Brennan are now accusing each other of being the one who did the misleading. Brennan seems to be the one who pushed it but one would have to be extremely naïve to think the rest of the gang didn't know about it. Barr isn't wasting any time finding out either, so I expect some heads will be rolling before the end of this year.

How was the information in the dossier not true? The FBI said it was. What is your proof it isn't?

And the FBI is not on the hook about anything, because the obstructionist Republicans lead by the criminal Nunez, never produced anything. You all are using the same play book that you did with Clinton. And nothing was ever found.

They didn't DO an investigation on it because they KNEW it was fake, moron.
Misleading the FISA court, moron.
By using a fake dossier to get a warrant to spy and not telling them it was FAKE, moron.
Fantasy? Try reading the news once in a while. Comey and Brennan are accusing each other of pushing the fake dossier to get the warrant to spy, moron.

The Mule's job wasn't to leave it up to congress, cement head.

Mueller wanted desperately to nail Trump but he didn't have the evidence and he couldn't get anybody to perjure themselves to falsely implement him and he didn't want the left to go after HIM if he exonerated him, so he handed it over to Barr, knowing the left would go after Barr instead of him when he declared there was nothing there. The desperate attempts to force Barr to release the entire report, unredacted, is clearly an attempt to get him to break the law so they can prosecute him. They're scared shitless now that THEY'RE the ones being investigated and THIS investigation is not a bogus one.

Everything you just posted is either a lie or you are wrong. The good thing about all that is, the courts will set you straight.

The courts? First you have to charge somebody with something. Who you gonna charge, bro? And what are you gonna charge them with? Come on, counselor, tell us your plan. :lol:

Violating subpoenas and not turning over lawful documents. They will be held in contempt with fines and or jail time. Why do people like you ask obvious stupid questions that anyone with just a little knowledge can answer for themselves?

It's a crime to hand over those documents, you freaking idiot. They're gonna hold him in contempt for not breaking the fucking law??? You are beyond stupid.

How was the information in the dossier not true? The FBI said it was. What is your proof it isn't?
They've admitted the information in the dossier was not true, imbecile. My God, you are one ignorant SOB.

If Trump himself was not the target he would have been notified of the FBI surveillance...the dossier aside...Trump was never told of the investigation even after he was our president.... unbelievable....get them Barr....this can not be allowed to happen ever again....so heads of Obama's deep state need to roll....

By using a fake dossier to get a warrant to spy and not telling them it was FAKE, moron.
Fantasy? Try reading the news once in a while. Comey and Brennan are accusing each other of pushing the fake dossier to get the warrant to spy, moron.

Funny listening to Trump Humpers and their dumbass conspiracy theories. You are talking loud and ain't saying shit, let's see where this goes and then we will see who the real moron is. Fucking idiot.

Funny listening to Trump Humpers and their dumbass conspiracy theories. You are talking loud and ain't saying shit, let's see where this goes and then we will see who the real moron is. Fucking idiot.
Everything I've stated has been documented and verified. Everything you've stated has been an unverified talking point from leftists who are trying desperately to keep the focus off their crimes. And when we see some of these leftist traitors being perp walked you won't be man enough to come back here and admit you were wrong. Typical leftist pussy.

Forum List

Back