A Tribute Thread To "Us": USMB represents the best of our democracy, with all it's ugliness, passion & meanness. this is democracy. we are democracy

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
it is important to have passionate debates, and what we are doing is saving the republic, some hold Biden's feet to the fire, some hold Trump's feet to the fire, but we are all holding our elected officials accountable and they are reading, listening, and watching...and shaking in their boots!

this is democracy. this is democracy. this is democracy.

it is important to have passionate debates, and what we are doing is saving the republic, some hold Biden's feet to the fire, some hold Trump's feet to the fire, but we are all holding our elected officials accountable and they are reading, listening, and watching...and shaking in their boots!

Agree with everything but the "democracy" part. America is a Republic. Take that you bastard!

• Banned
Agree with everything but the "democracy" part. America is a Republic. Take that you bastard!
i didn't say America is a democracy definitively, what i said was: you and me can have a policy debate about whether America is a democracy or a republic.

it's not a fact that it's a democracy, it's not a fact it's a republic. it's a debatable argument

i didn't say America is a democracy definitively, what i said was: you and me can have a policy debate about whether America is a democracy or a republic.

it's not a fact that it's a democracy, it's not a fact it's a republic. it's a debatable argument
And I was sorta joking with you. You bastard. Hahahahahaha

And I was sorta joking with you. You bastard. Hahahahahaha
go right ahead. i have a sense of humor like no other. life is a joke. you can curse at me all you want, as long as you don't completely derail the threads

It's true that Democracy is not supposed to be a love fest. It's a system of contention, but it's also a system that requires negotiation and compromise.

It also needs all parties to have good intent and to be mostly honest. While I find that the far liberal wing of the Democratic party is somewhat unrealistic and sometimes blatantly stupid, at least they have good intent and are generally honest.

The far right wing obviously does not have good intent, nor are they even close to being honest. They refuse to negotiate or compromise. It's all a big game of political power plays and trickery to achieve what are apparently nefarious goals.

bullshit

:no_text11:

ROFLMAO.

This place exemplifies the brain rot that comes with partisan idiocy. There are very few people here that actually have discussions. The vast majority are trolling idiots or are idiot trolls.

I would like to see a discussion and debate on a subject to where there is an agreement by a majority of USMB members on an issue to the point where it can be put in a formal form and submitted to Congress to get a congressman to sponsor it and track it as it goes through the process.

I would like to see a discussion and debate on a subject to where there is an agreement by a majority of USMB members on an issue to the point where it can be put in a formal form and submitted to Congress to get a congressman to sponsor it and track it as it goes through the process.
term limits!

Forum List

Back