Did Bill Clinton sign NAFTA?

Well. Did he?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Video: 12/17/1992: Pres. Bush Signs NAFTA

Clinton signed the initial agreement, but by the time it was ratified, he was no longer in office.
Not so.

NAFTA was signed by President George H.W.

Bush, Mexican President Salinas, and Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney in 1992. It was ratified by the legislatures of the three countries in 1993. The U.S. House of Representatives approved it by 234 to 200 on November 17, 1993. The U.S. Senate approved it by 60 to 38 on November 20, three days later.

It was finally signed into law by President Bill Clinton on December 8, 1993 and entered force January 1, 1994. Although it was signed by President Bush, it was a priority of President Clinton's, and its passage is considered one of his first successes. (Source: History.com, NAFTA Signed into Law, December 8, 1993)

What Is the History and Purpose of NAFTA?

Clinton signed the initial agreement, but by the time it was ratified, he was no longer in office.
Not so.

Bush, Mexican President Salinas, and Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney in 1992. It was ratified by the legislatures of the three countries in 1993. The U.S. House of Representatives approved it by 234 to 200 on November 17, 1993. The U.S. Senate approved it by 60 to 38 on November 20, three days later.

It was finally signed into law by President Bill Clinton on December 8, 1993 and entered force January 1, 1994. Although it was signed by President Bush, it was a priority of President Clinton's, and its passage is considered one of his first successes. (Source: History.com, NAFTA Signed into Law, December 8, 1993)

Edit:
See this correction.

Not wrong. Had Bush not signed the agreement as negotiated between the U.S, Mexico and Canada, it would not have then been passed on for the Senate to ratify (strictly speaking, it didn't ratify NAFTA, but rather approved a resolution of ratification) and then send it back to Clinton for his final signature.

naftasigning.jpg

Now if the question is whether Bush's and Clinton's signatures on the same piece of "NAFTA" paper, I don't know.

Last edited:
I do not understand NAFTA-----it seems VAGUELY to me that it is a step toward "GLOBALIZATION"------a nitemare

Somewhere in the background I hear Ross Perot saying "can I say something? are we through? is that the deal here, all the crackers get to talk but the peckerwoods are kept silent out in the woodshed? I know what your game is Charlie you'd like us to be three feral cats twirling around on a teatherball until it slams us into a pole. You'd like to see three monkeys up here running around with corks trying to stop the jackass from crapping on the stage. Is that the deal here?"

Clinton signed the initial agreement, but by the time it was ratified

Bush signed a preliminary agreement, which wasn't voted on.
Clinton added some things and the final version was signed by Clinton and ratified by Congress.

I'm sorry...I had them sequentially backwards. Truly, I had my mind focused on the fact that both Presidents signed the thing, and, yes, I had a "brain fart," as it were, regarding the sequence. TY for the correction.

Not so.

Not wrong. Had Bill Clinton not signed the agreement as negotiated between the U.S, Mexico and Canada. Had he not done, it would not have then been passed on for the Senate to ratify (strictly speaking, it didn't ratify NAFTA, but rather approved a resolution of ratification) and then send it back to Bush for his final signature.

naftasigning.jpg

Now if the question is whether Bush's and Clinton's signatures on the same piece of "NAFTA" paper, I don't know.

The way I heard it "which there is no reason to doubt." Criminal Clintons pal criminal Bush drew the plan up toward the end of his presidency and then in 93 Clinton signed it into law.

Its pretty safe to say that is accurate because anyone who knows the history of the Clintons and Bushs they have been long time friends at LEAST back to Clintons days in office as governor of Arkansas and Bush was VP under Reagan.

The Clintons and Bush were both involved in drug smuggling for the CIA back during that time. One of Clintons bodyguards LD BROWN wrote a book about it all talking about Clinton and Bushs connections to the CIA and to the Mena connection and when Brown found out what he was really involved in and helping Clinton out doing the CIA's dirty work for them, he approached Clinton yelling at him and according to Brown,clinton came up to him and said-"Hey dont worry about it,my buddy Bush knows all about it all." No surprise there,after all remember Bush was the former director of the CIA.

In that book,you see Brown in many photos with Clinton at the governors mansion and it cannot be disputed that Brown is telling the truth about their long friendship because he also shows photos of the Bush family at some of Clintons parties he had. One of them had the Bushs flying in by helicopter with old Billy there to meet and greet him.

there was also a book written by a CIA operative named Terry Reed called Compromised.Clinton,Bush and the CIA.how the presidency was compromised by the CIA. It backs up everything Brown said.pretty scary stuff.

Last edited:

Clinton signed the initial agreement, but by the time it was ratified

Bush signed a preliminary agreement, which wasn't voted on.
Clinton added some things and the final version was signed by Clinton and ratified by Congress.

I'm sorry...I had them sequentially backwards. Truly, I had my mind focused on the fact that both Presidents signed the thing, and, yes, I had a "brain fart," as it were, regarding the sequence. TY for the correction.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::udaman:

this guy is a government paid shill sent here by his handlers to troll threads and try to derail any truth discussion about government corruption. you have heard this old saying before right?-:trolls:

Not so.

See this post. Apologies.

Forum List

Back