Did Bill Clinton sign NAFTA?

Well. Did he?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Republicans don't understand the difference between signing a treaty and signing legislation. NAFTA was a treaty signed by the United States, Mexico and Canada in a very public and historic signing.

Once your country gives it's word with the support of the president and the support of both parties, it's difficult to go back on it. I mean difficult for normal people. For Republicans, what does your "word" even mean? It's only a word.

Once your country gives it's word with the support of the president and the support of both parties, it's difficult to go back on it.

Like Obama signing Climate Change agreements in Paris? LOL!

After much consideration and emotional discussion, the House of Representatives passed the North American Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act on November 17, 1993, 234-200. The agreement's supporters included 132 Republicans and 102 Democrats. The bill passed the Senate on November 20, 1993, 61-38.[6] Senate supporters were 34 Republicans and 27 Democrats.

Yup, President Clinton and the Dem controlled House and Senate passed and signed NAFTA.

But more GOP signed it than Democrats???

Fact is, you can't pretend Republicans wouldn't have signed/passed NAFTA and there's no evidence they're against it now so you're a man without a party

If republicans would have signed it, why was it handed over to be signed by clinton with his democratic congress?
You would think that the republicans would have jumped at the chance to destroy the economy when they had the opportunity.

Slick did NOT sign it. He was too busy getting his daily blow-job so his wife forged his name on it. Just as she "hates" the TPP job-killer but will sign it with such grace and elan that she'll be awarded both ears and the scalp of the first poor bastard fited due to it.

Slick did NOT sign it. He was too busy getting his daily blow-job so his wife forged his name on it. Just as she "hates" the TPP job-killer but will sign it with such grace and elan that she'll be awarded both ears and the scalp of the first poor bastard fited due to it.
did the signed agreement have splooge stains on it just like the dress?

Republicans don't understand the difference between signing a treaty and signing legislation. NAFTA was a treaty signed by the United States, Mexico and Canada in a very public and historic signing.

Once your country gives it's word with the support of the president and the support of both parties, it's difficult to go back on it. I mean difficult for normal people. For Republicans, what does your "word" even mean? It's only a word.

Once your country gives it's word with the support of the president and the support of both parties, it's difficult to go back on it.

After much consideration and emotional discussion, the House of Representatives passed the North American Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act on November 17, 1993, 234-200. The agreement's supporters included 132 Republicans and 102 Democrats. The bill passed the Senate on November 20, 1993, 61-38.[6] Senate supporters were 34 Republicans and 27 Democrats.

Yup, President Clinton and the Dem controlled House and Senate passed and signed NAFTA.

Fact is, you can't pretend Republicans wouldn't have signed/passed NAFTA and there's no evidence they're against it now so you're a man without a party

If republicans would have signed it, why was it handed over to be signed by clinton with his democratic congress?
You would think that the republicans would have jumped at the chance to destroy the economy when they had the opportunity.

I just showed you more Republicans signed it than dems in fact every Republican signed it.

I'm not having this argument with someone who's being willfully ignorant and intellectually dishonest.

Did the Democrats control both houses when Clinton signed NAFTA? Then it was a bi partisan bill.

And even I'm not against free trade as long as the American workers aren't being taken advantage of.

Why didn't bush Tom delay and hastert fix it?

And what Republican today is against NAFTA? Besides lyin trump

Maybe the GOP will block it???

I just showed you more Republicans signed it than dems in fact every Republican signed it.

I'm not having this argument with someone who's being willfully ignorant and intellectually dishonest.

Did the Democrats control both houses when Clinton signed NAFTA? Then it was a bi partisan bill.

And even I'm not against free trade as long as the American workers aren't being taken advantage of.

President Trump would have vetoed it. Whole argument is over.

Sure he would. You're talking about lyin trump

you do realize that Donald Trump was made possible because of the republicans turning liberal right

you do realize that Donald Trump was made possible because of the republicans turning liberal right
Is that what they are now? Not buying it.

Did Bill Clinton veto NAFTA?Nope, sell out.

Clinton signed it.

I remember us liberals weren't happy about NAFTA but you cons were. Cheap goods you said.

Listen, free trade was going to happen no matter what. You protectionists are ridiculous.

In the future poor Americans need to stop pumping out kids. There are no good paying union jobs. We can get it made cheaper in mexico.

But we do need to fix our trade agreements. Ill thank trump for bringing that up.

Same way I liked 4 things about the libertarian party but would never vote for them I won't vote for tariffing trump the con man

Clinton signed it.

Clinton signed the Act ratifying NAFTA, not the Treaty.

I remember us liberals weren't happy about NAFTA but you cons were. Cheap goods you said.

Listen, free trade was going to happen no matter what. You protectionists are ridiculous.

In the future poor Americans need to stop pumping out kids. There are no good paying union jobs. We can get it made cheaper in mexico.

But we do need to fix our trade agreements. Ill thank trump for bringing that up.

Same way I liked 4 things about the libertarian party but would never vote for them I won't vote for tariffing trump the con man
What did whore Bill do? Signed it! That's when I left Democrat party. I have a brain unlike other union workers I used to know.

Clinton signed it.

Clinton signed the Act ratifying NAFTA, not the Treaty.
Never vetoed.

Bush, who had worked to "fast track" the signing prior to the end of his term, ran out of time and had to pass the required ratification and signing of the implementation law to incoming president Bill Clinton. Prior to sending it to the United States Senate Clinton added two side agreements, The North American Agreement on Labor Cooperation (NAALC) and the North American Agreement on Environmental Cooperation (NAAEC), to protect workers and the environment.

Yes, Bill let us liberals down when he signed NAFTA, but where were you Republicans back then? You were for NAFTA. So shut the fuck up now please.

In fact your party still loves free trade. Can you show me one Republican who doesn't like NAFTA? I mean besides Trump who'll say anything.

PS. More Republicans signed NAFTA in the Senate and the House than did Democrats. So not only did Republicans invent NAFTA, they pushed it and more of them signed it than Democrats. But you guys keep saying BUT CLINTON SIGNED IT! It only shows how intellectually dishonest you guys are.

Bottom line, Clinton signed into law what no Republican would have had a chance in doing. Why repeat the same mistake with Hillary who enthusiastically supported NAFTA.

Bush, who had worked to "fast track" the signing prior to the end of his term, ran out of time and had to pass the required ratification and signing of the implementation law to incoming president Bill Clinton. Prior to sending it to the United States Senate Clinton added two side agreements, The North American Agreement on Labor Cooperation (NAALC) and the North American Agreement on Environmental Cooperation (NAAEC), to protect workers and the environment.

Yes, Bill let us liberals down when he signed NAFTA, but where were you Republicans back then? You were for NAFTA. So shut the fuck up now please.

In fact your party still loves free trade. Can you show me one Republican who doesn't like NAFTA? I mean besides Trump who'll say anything.

PS. More Republicans signed NAFTA in the Senate and the House than did Democrats. So not only did Republicans invent NAFTA, they pushed it and more of them signed it than Democrats. But you guys keep saying BUT CLINTON SIGNED IT! It only shows how intellectually dishonest you guys are.

Bottom line, Clinton signed into law what no Republican would have had a chance in doing. Why repeat the same mistake with Hillary who enthusiastically supported NAFTA.
Are you really against trade or do you just want to make trade fair?

So you no longer want cheap goods? Let me see trump convince the gop before election day. If they don't then vote them out. Most of them go silent because Republicans don't tariff their masters

Are you really against trade or do you just want to make trade fair?

So you no longer want cheap goods? Let me see trump convince the gop before election day. If they don't then vote them out. Most of them go silent because Republicans don't tariff their masters

Fair trade would be good. Abusing near slave labor is not good. Why are you so against American workers and so for exploiting poor nations?

Forum List

Back