Did Bill Clinton sign NAFTA?

Well. Did he?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bush, who had worked to "fast track" the signing prior to the end of his term, ran out of time and had to pass the required ratification and signing of the implementation law to incoming president Bill Clinton. Prior to sending it to the United States Senate Clinton added two side agreements, The North American Agreement on Labor Cooperation (NAALC) and the North American Agreement on Environmental Cooperation (NAAEC), to protect workers and the environment.

Yes, Bill let us liberals down when he signed NAFTA, but where were you Republicans back then? You were for NAFTA. So shut the fuck up now please.

In fact your party still loves free trade. Can you show me one Republican who doesn't like NAFTA? I mean besides Trump who'll say anything.

PS. More Republicans signed NAFTA in the Senate and the House than did Democrats. So not only did Republicans invent NAFTA, they pushed it and more of them signed it than Democrats. But you guys keep saying BUT CLINTON SIGNED IT! It only shows how intellectually dishonest you guys are.

Bottom line, Clinton signed into law what no Republican would have had a chance in doing. Why repeat the same mistake with Hillary who enthusiastically supported NAFTA.
Are you really against trade or do you just want to make trade fair?

So you no longer want cheap goods? Let me see trump convince the gop before election day. If they don't then vote them out. Most of them go silent because Republicans don't tariff their masters

Fair trade would be good. Abusing near slave labor is not good. Why are you so against American workers and so for exploiting poor nations?
A. You sound like us liberals. Car manufacturing was too important to ship overseas.
B. Free trade is lifting many Chinese Mexicans and Indians out of poverty. Bill gates cares about all poor people not just Americans. But I believe charity starts at home first.

Forum List

Back