Desantis stands by his statement suggesting Trump supporters are a cult of personality ("listless vessels)

I don’t see Trump the same way.

McCarthy and DeSantis (and Haley) are deliberate in the way they stand for little. Nearly everything they claim to “believe in” is calculated to serve their own desires to gain more power.

Trump isn’t smart enough to think that far ahead. That’s for losers.

The only thing DeSantis is actually authentic about is his war against Disney and the woke. Everything else is just artificial from some algorithm.

McCarthy or Haley would've never attempted to end the gender crap in schools. Have you seen McCarthy's liberty or New American scores? They're as bad as some democrats.

Liberty Score 54%

The new American 60% And that's his lifetime score. His 2021 to 2022 was 50%
Why in the hell would Trump support him? Especially over any of the others that the 9 congressmen were trying to get seated.

There's more to DeSantis than what's showing up in these forums. The worst thing about DeSantis is his character. He doesn't really have any. He's ex military, straight forward and serious. He's not going to entertain people. But he will get the job done. And do it within the law, as he's done in FL. Because that's just his way.

Trump promises to get all these great things done and do all these fabulous things for Americans. Then doesn't even try to do most of them. His other failures he blames on everyone else.
DeSantis get it done, then celebrates it. Some see that as bragging.

Unless Trump really fucks up and Fani Willis puts him in the Fulton county jail, Trump is gonna dominate and give his supporters no reason to look for anybody else. He can say and promise anything that pops into his head, they will rationalize it somehow. It's a cult. You are dealing with a cult.

Trump will say something that'll land him in hot water. Maybe even jail. He just won't shut his mouth and let his legal team handle everything.
Imagine having to deal with all the BS they're throwing at him, and having to deal with the gas Trump keeps throwing on the fire.

Trump will say something that'll land him in hot water. Maybe even jail. He just won't shut his mouth and let his legal team handle everything.
Imagine having to deal with all the BS they're throwing at him, and having to deal with the gas Trump keeps throwing on the fire.
It's gotta be killing Trump that getting in touch with his coconspirators will forfeit his bail. And he just might because he is undisciplined, he gives into his base urges. The GOP had several opportunities to take an exit ramp and move away from Trump but it's really too late now.

It's gotta be killing Trump that getting in touch with his coconspirators will forfeit his bail. And he just might because he is undisciplined, he gives into his base urges. The GOP had several opportunities to take an exit ramp and move away from Trump but it's really too late now.

This is why I think DeSantis needs to stop pandering to Trumps base. He's got all the ammo he needs. Trumps liberal record if exposed the right way. There's no way he's going to get the die hard supporters. But just exposing things like the Platinum Plan, his deal he made with US oil companies to decrease production, his spending and debt ceiling increases, his support for Disney. And a whole slews of lies Trump told.
Those are the reasons I stopped supporting Trump completely. There's some out there like me who pay more attention to what a politician does, than what they say.

One thing that could be a factor in all this but you just can't see it. Remember Ron Paul? His supporters were all over the internet. They swarmed forums and social media. His rally's were much larger than Romney's. There were more signs and bumper sticker for him and Romney. He won online polls and straw polls in many states.
But that was all it was. None of that panned out for RP. To those of us RP supporters (I was one), it looked like we had it in the bag. We even had a delegate game in order for the national convention.
But it didn't work out that way.
This could be the same thing going on with Trump.

It looks like i'm just wishful thinking. And it probably is. But if it goes down that way and in the first primary, Trump doesn't have that enormous lead (in votes), it could very well end that way. Remember, RP actually one the Iowa caucus. Even though the media reported someone else won it. (for a while)

This is why I think DeSantis needs to stop pandering to Trumps base. He's got all the ammo he needs. Trumps liberal record if exposed the right way. There's no way he's going to get the die hard supporters. But just exposing things like the Platinum Plan, his deal he made with US oil companies to decrease production, his spending and debt ceiling increases, his support for Disney. And a whole slews of lies Trump told.
Those are the reasons I stopped supporting Trump completely. There's some out there like me who pay more attention to what a politician does, than what they say.

One thing that could be a factor in all this but you just can't see it. Remember Ron Paul? His supporters were all over the internet. They swarmed forums and social media. His rally's were much larger than Romney's. There were more signs and bumper sticker for him and Romney. He won online polls and straw polls in many states.
But that was all it was. None of that panned out for RP. To those of us RP supporters (I was one), it looked like we had it in the bag. We even had a delegate game in order for the national convention.
But it didn't work out that way.
This could be the same thing going on with Trump.

It looks like i'm just wishful thinking. And it probably is. But if it goes down that way and in the first primary, Trump doesn't have that enormous lead (in votes), it could very well end that way. Remember, RP actually one the Iowa caucus. Even though the media reported someone else won it. (for a while)
This is a GOP mess and I'm grateful for it. Dems want to run against Trump. We want Biden vs batshit crazy and criminal

McCarthy or Haley would've never attempted to end the gender crap in schools. Have you seen McCarthy's liberty or New American scores? They're as bad as some democrats.

Liberty Score 54%

The new American 60% And that's his lifetime score. His 2021 to 2022 was 50%
Why in the hell would Trump support him? Especially over any of the others that the 9 congressmen were trying to get seated.

There's more to DeSantis than what's showing up in these forums. The worst thing about DeSantis is his character. He doesn't really have any. He's ex military, straight forward and serious. He's not going to entertain people. But he will get the job done. And do it within the law, as he's done in FL. Because that's just his way.

Trump promises to get all these great things done and do all these fabulous things for Americans. Then doesn't even try to do most of them. His other failures he blames on everyone else.
DeSantis get it done, then celebrates it. Some see that as bragging.
No I haven’t seen their liberty scores. How are they relevant? Someone can claim to be in favor of something for political reasons without actually giving a shit about it, right?

DeSanits has not been straight-forward. He just recently said that Trump lost the election. Why didn’t he say that before? He just called Trump cultists “listless vessels”. Where was that criticism before?
Do you think it’s a coincidence that he’s only speaking up about this now?

He has been trying to win over MAGA supporters. He hasn’t been improving his position in the Republican primary polls. So NOW he’s saying this stuff to try to win over enough independents.

He’s not a likeable dude. He’s like Ted Cruz, comes off as a weasely politician. Neither will be prez

You're right. Except for the weaselly party. I can see that with Cruz. You're spot on about him. And looking at his voting record, completes the weasel.
But DeSantis, I see him as military like. I've got several friends who are ex military. They're serious about almost everything from the time they get up, to when they hit the rack. Oh sure, they can joke around. But they're serious about that too.

Americans need to be entertained. And DeSantis isn't going to do that. His white house isn't going to a reality show.

Or, he is telling the truth as he sees it and then comes across as a honest man.

Trump supporters are, in truth, blind supporters. They follow only one principled value and toss aside all others.

The real question becomes, if Trump does not make the nomination, will you vote for DeSantis if he is the choice?

If you say no, then he hasn't lost anything.

Yet, as much as I detest polls, we see in many polls that Biden has high negative numbers among independents. Meaning that people have a very high negative opinion of him.

What we also see is that Trump has even higher negative numbers. So, in a race of independents -- you know, those who will determine the outcome of the next election -- that Biden will likely win that contest.

The left won't vote for DeSantis because he stands in the way of their power grab. So they can be discarded entirely. However, DeStantis is staying to the right for the base of the GOP, which will put him in good standing with many of the GOP, minus the never-DeSantis crowd.

If he comes across as genuine (which he does) and reliable (which he does), honest (which he is), and has a meager negative number with independents, then he stands a significantly better chance of beating Biden.

So, is he really harming his chances by speaking the truth?

"The left won't vote for DeSantis because he stands in the way of their power grab."

BJ - the left won't vote for Desantis because he is a Republican.

Are you really that ignorant of how politics work?

You're right. Except for the weaselly party. I can see that with Cruz. You're spot on about him. And looking at his voting record, completes the weasel.
But DeSantis, I see him as military like. I've got several friends who are ex military. They're serious about almost everything from the time they get up, to when they hit the rack. Oh sure, they can joke around. But they're serious about that too.

Americans need to be entertained. And DeSantis isn't going to do that. His white house isn't going to a reality show.
I agree there. There is a thirst for drama in our society which is a dangerous component… especially in our news media and politics.

DeSantis isn’t as bad as Cruz but I remember before he was elected Gov of FL… he brown nosed Trump so bad and then went over the top with the tough guy anti woke stuff. It wasn’t genuine, he was playing for Trumps base.

It’s just a gut impression I got from him when I first saw him come into the scene but he just does not strike me as somebody who has the gusto to be president. He is a follower who is trying to play a leader. IMO

What make Trump supporters a cultist and you not a cultist? You parrot what the democrat control cult media says. You defend Jo Biden without any thought to what you're defending. You and those like you are cultists

I feel as if they dismiss being a Cult because of the size of their Cult.
There is no restriction on size - The Catholic Church may be the world largest Cult.
The Democrat Media Bubble Cult is by far the most tightly controlled.

No I haven’t seen their liberty scores. How are they relevant? Someone can claim to be in favor of something for political reasons without actually giving a shit about it, right?

DeSanits has not been straight-forward. He just recently said that Trump lost the election. Why didn’t he say that before? He just called Trump cultists “listless vessels”. Where was that criticism before?
Do you think it’s a coincidence that he’s only speaking up about this now?

He has been trying to win over MAGA supporters. He hasn’t been improving his position in the Republican primary polls. So NOW he’s saying this stuff to try to win over enough independents.

The Liberty Score and the New American judge politicians from a conservative stand point on their actions & votes. Not what they say or presume to say.

The stuff he's saying needs to be said. RINO's aren't what Trump supporters think they are. Seriously if you get right down to it, using the actual definition of RINO, Trump would be the biggest RINO in DC. The acronym, like the word "Conservative" is so misused now a days. It's like someone changed the definition, but didn't send out the memo.
RINO came about when people like Reagan started getting voted into office. Prior to that, Republicans were for the most part, fiscal conservatives. Being a republican actually meant you were a conservative. Now a days, ALL republicans are deemed conservatives in the media and amongst themselves. When there's hardly anything conservative about them.
Chip Roy's liberty score is 100%. Because he votes against all those ridiculous omnibus bills. He's against banning bump stocks and anything else that goes against our 2A. He's opposed to increasing the debt ceiling and spending beyond the governments means. Those are the things that makes one a conservative. Not just being a Republican.

The acronym needs to be changed to CINO. But it won't be. The lie will continue as it has been because as someone pointed out, loyalist don't really care about the facts or issues as much as they care about who they're loyal to.

I agree there. There is a thirst for drama in our society which is a dangerous component… especially in our news media and politics.

DeSantis isn’t as bad as Cruz but I remember before he was elected Gov of FL… he brown nosed Trump so bad and then went over the top with the tough guy anti woke stuff. It wasn’t genuine, he was playing for Trumps base.

It’s just a gut impression I got from him when I first saw him come into the scene but he just does not strike me as somebody who has the gusto to be president. He is a follower who is trying to play a leader. IMO

You almost had to brown nose Trump. Trump has a solid cancel culture behind him. Trump had a few congressmen primaried for not sucking up to him. Justin Amash. Who was at the time one of the most fiscally conservative congressman in the house. The mans voting record was impeccable. He also had Thomas Massie primaried. Another very conservative congressman.
If you didn't brown nose Trump, they tried to cancel you. And sometimes it worked. (IE Justin Amash)

If DeSantis was a follower, he wouldn't be running against Trump.

There's a ton of BS propaganda that's been put out about DeSantis. Most of it coming from the Trump Cancel Culture. Like how he's an establishment candidate. One conspiracy was how he and Karl Rove were teaming up. That got debunked quickly. But there's still a lot of Trump supporters out there that ignore the facts and still running with it.

You almost had to brown nose Trump. Trump has a solid cancel culture behind him. Trump had a few congressmen primaried for not sucking up to him. Justin Amash. Who was at the time one of the most fiscally conservative congressman in the house. The mans voting record was impeccable. He also had Thomas Massie primaried. Another very conservative congressman.
If you didn't brown nose Trump, they tried to cancel you. And sometimes it worked. (IE Justin Amash)

If DeSantis was a follower, he wouldn't be running against Trump.

There's a ton of BS propaganda that's been put out about DeSantis. Most of it coming from the Trump Cancel Culture. Like how he's an establishment candidate. One conspiracy was how he and Karl Rove were teaming up. That got debunked quickly. But there's still a lot of Trump supporters out there that ignore the facts and still running with it.
Ron definitely has and always has had aspirations to be president. And I agree that Brown nosing Trump was how he got the gov spot which put him into position to run.

I guess since that’s when I first started paying attention to him and that’s what I saw, that’s what’s stuck in my head about him. And opportunist who isn’t genuine… hence why I used the Weasley politician term.

But you make fair points and we all have our own perceptions. I’m not a Ron fan but he’s a world better than Don

Would he prefer to be the giant killer that takes out Trump, or the milquetoast that barely beats Ramaswamy?
Too early and directed at the wrong people. Even Trump was smart enough to not attack Carson or Cruz supporters, what does he gain from that?

Forum List

Back