Desantis stands by his statement suggesting Trump supporters are a cult of personality ("listless vessels)

Too early and directed at the wrong people. Even Trump was smart enough to not attack Carson or Cruz supporters, what does he gain from that?
Now that I think about it (weird, huh?), it was stupid to attack the same party supporters of another primary candidate. Attack the other candidates, not their supporters, DummySantis.

Maybe it was too painfully obvious to deny any longer.
They have an entire movement based on lies and attacks and hatred for the government. Makes it tricky to run to lead that government unless you’re on the same crazy level as Donnie. That’s why Trump was such a shitty leader. His game is to lead the peanut gallery, not the country. All he has is attacks and complaints…. Can’t own up to anything.

Shame there are so many puppets playing along

Sure, kudos to him. That doesn't work in politics so early in the fight. First gain traction then use pointed attacks against the candidate and his policies NOT the voters.

Attacking Trump, even with solid facts as DeSantis is doing, is considered attacking his supporters. You can't do one without the other. The Trump cult takes it personally.
What DeSantis said was spot on. Everything about what Trump said was a fact. Imagine, Trumps minions calling someone like Chip Roy a RINO.
WTF is wrong with them? They simply don't know what a RINO is. If they did, they'd be calling Trump one.

Trump is god. Only oranger.

The Liberty Score and the New American judge politicians from a conservative stand point on their actions & votes. Not what they say or presume to say.

The stuff he's saying needs to be said. RINO's aren't what Trump supporters think they are. Seriously if you get right down to it, using the actual definition of RINO, Trump would be the biggest RINO in DC. The acronym, like the word "Conservative" is so misused now a days. It's like someone changed the definition, but didn't send out the memo.
RINO came about when people like Reagan started getting voted into office. Prior to that, Republicans were for the most part, fiscal conservatives. Being a republican actually meant you were a conservative. Now a days, ALL republicans are deemed conservatives in the media and amongst themselves. When there's hardly anything conservative about them.
Chip Roy's liberty score is 100%. Because he votes against all those ridiculous omnibus bills. He's against banning bump stocks and anything else that goes against our 2A. He's opposed to increasing the debt ceiling and spending beyond the governments means. Those are the things that makes one a conservative. Not just being a Republican.

The acronym needs to be changed to CINO. But it won't be. The lie will continue as it has been because as someone pointed out, loyalist don't really care about the facts or issues as much as they care about who they're loyal to.
So then I don’t see how the liberty score is relevant to what I said. Anyone can vote in line with conservative values without actually giving a shit about conservative values. DeSantis strikes me as the kind of guy who will pretend to believe something until the moment it isn’t beneficial to him anymore.

The term RINO, as it’s used now, just means any Republican who doesn‘t kiss Trump‘s ass.

Uhg!

I had such high hopes for DeSantis. Now he takes a page out of the Dem playbook and attacks Trump supporters rather than Trump himself.

Does he really think that Trump supporters are thin skinned after eight years of non-stop attack mode from the Dems, the Media, and the RINOs?

Uhg!

I had such high hopes for DeSantis. Now he takes a page out of the Dem playbook and attacks Trump supporters rather than Trump himself.

Does he really think that Trump supporters are thin skinned after eight years of non-stop attack mode from the Dems, the Media, and the RINOs?
Why should he not tell the truth?

Grifter Rubes are morons.

So then I don’t see how the liberty score is relevant to what I said. Anyone can vote in line with conservative values without actually giving a shit about conservative values. DeSantis strikes me as the kind of guy who will pretend to believe something until the moment it isn’t beneficial to him anymore.

The term RINO, as it’s used now, just means any Republican who doesn‘t kiss Trump‘s ass.

A voting record is what they do, not what they say.

I get there's more to ones vote than meets the eye. Like when one party has the majority in the house, and the opposing party has the majority in the Senate, they'll create all sorts of "look at me" bills. Knowing they're DOA when it hits the senate.

But there are times, especially when one party has the majority in the House, Senate and white house, that shows their true colors. A good example of this is the "sanctity of life" bill, that's been put forth many times by some republicans. But the house majority leaders at the time (Ryan and Beohner) both had them locked down in committee's.
All of those HUGE spending bills that went though the house & senate during Trumps first two years, you can really see who the RINO's are and who was actually conservative.

None the less, voting records are extremely important. It's when they put their money where their mouth is.

Why should he not tell the truth?

Because it pisses the Trump supporters off when the truth makes them look bad. It knocks Trump off his big white stallion and shows his and his supporters true colors.
Things like how they're all supposed to be pro 2A. But when Trump assaulted their 2A by banning ones liberty to use a bump stock on their gun, they're silent.
Or how they rail against Biden for increasing the debt ceiling. Trump did it 3 or 4 times, and his supporters don't say a word. They're empty vessels who care more about Trump than the 2A, the debt or any other issue really.

Uhg!

Because Trump supporters are a cult. They (maybe even you) don't care that he spent $8 trillion in just 4 years. It took Obama 8 years to spend that much. Trumpbots only care about Trump. Not the issues. Not the liberal crap he shoved down your throats (like the debt ceiling increases WITHOUT spending reduction mandates) or banning bump stocks. You people didn't even complain when he gave $500 billion to black communities just because they were BLACK communities.

You just swept it all under the rug and kept chanting "Trump Trump Trump."

You had to stop chanting "Lock her up," because Trump let Hitlery off scott free, just a few days after the election.

How many times does Trump have to slap his supporters in the face before you realize you're in an abusive relationship with a north eastern liberal who only identifies as a Republican?

You had to stop chanting "Lock her up," because Trump let Hitlery off scott free, just a few days after the election.
Just out of curiosity, is there a lesson that you learned from the fact that Donald Trump, after repeatedly stating that Clinton "would be in jail" if he were president, and leading his supporters in their chants of "lock her up," let Hitlery off scott free just a few days after his election?

The lesson should be pretty clear. I wonder if you could articulate it?

Just out of curiosity, is there a lesson that you learned from the fact that Donald Trump, after repeatedly stating that Clinton "would be in jail" if he were president, and leading his supporters in their chants of "lock her up," let Hitlery off scott free just a few days after his election?

You can't lock someone up just because you want to?

A voting record is what they do, not what they say.

I get there's more to ones vote than meets the eye. Like when one party has the majority in the house, and the opposing party has the majority in the Senate, they'll create all sorts of "look at me" bills. Knowing they're DOA when it hits the senate.

But there are times, especially when one party has the majority in the House, Senate and white house, that shows their true colors. A good example of this is the "sanctity of life" bill, that's been put forth many times by some republicans. But the house majority leaders at the time (Ryan and Beohner) both had them locked down in committee's.
All of those HUGE spending bills that went though the house & senate during Trumps first two years, you can really see who the RINO's are and who was actually conservative.

None the less, voting records are extremely important. It's when they put their money where their mouth is.
Any idiot can vote along party lines especially when he knows there would be consequences for him if he doesn’t. That’s kind of the point.

He does not have strong moral convictions. He’s going to lean whichever way people want him to lean because he’s simply after more power. He’s Kevin McCarthy.

He will vote for x, regardless of his personal feelings about x, because it’s beneficial for his political career to support x. He will vote against x the moment it becomes beneficial for his political career to be against x.

Because they were closer friends that either of them let on about, maybe?
From what I gather, she was the one who initiated the whole Russia Russia Russia thing. So he should've buried her when he had the chance.
Trump's actual words, "Naaaaaaa, we don't care, right? It was a good campaign thing."

Any idiot can vote along party lines especially when he knows there would be consequences for him if he doesn’t. That’s kind of the point.

He does not have strong moral convictions. He’s going to lean whichever way people want him to lean because he’s simply after more power. He’s Kevin McCarthy.

He will vote for x, regardless of his personal feelings about x, because it’s beneficial for his political career to support x. He will vote against x the moment it becomes beneficial for his political career to be against x.

Actual conservatives won't vote along party lines.

Because they were closer friends that either of them let on about, maybe?
From what I gather, she was the one who initiated the whole Russia Russia Russia thing. So he should've buried her when he had the chance.
Trump's actual words, "Naaaaaaa, we don't care, right? It was a good campaign thing."

Mm, no.

The lesson is that Trump is a blowhard who often talks out of his ass and says things that he expects his followers to know are hyperbole. Since most of them are perfectly smart enough to know that, there was very little complaining when he did not order his DOJ to go after her.

Trump supporters know, even if no one else does that the first amendment protects talking out of the ass and using hyperbole. We also know, that for a president to use the DOJ to go after a political rival would consign the U.S. to Banana Republic status.

Forum List

Back