Dems want Laws changed after Rittenhouse shootings. Are vigilantes the answer? (Poll)

Do you support vigilantes policing neighborhoods when the police are unavailable?

• Yes, people have the right to protect their lives and property

Votes: 66 95.7%
  • No, criminals have every right to burn, steal, and kill.

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
Actually, the Chinese are investing in green energy.

Sure there are... Big Rigs are only a small part of the CO2 problem. The main source is private automobiles, and we could reduce that by a lot by trading in those gas-guzzling SUV's for fuel efficient vehicles.
1. China is building 43 new coal fired powerplants. They are the problem, even though they sell green energy equipment. Read your links. China is hooked on coal and always will be. They just need too much power to be green.

2. Big rig emissions are almost equal to passenger car emissions. Point being electric cars won't solve the CO2 problem. Private autos are only a VERY SMALL PART OF THE CO2 PROBLEM. See bottom graphic on post #492.
1639250966715.png

Um, not not NEVER. In the last 2000-5000 years, maybe. Even if humans have caused the waming in the last 100 years or so, how do we know the earth will heal itself? Seems purely speculative seeing as how we don’t have other periods in the last 5000 years with which to compare. How old do you think the earth is? We have an infinitesimally small set of data that we are use to determine the cycles. How do we know if this 100 year increase isn’t part of a larger cycle pre-dating the information we have available? Yeah, a ton of speculation with very little data is at play here.

So we don't know if it will work, let's not even try.

"Hey, Cleetus, We just found out that you have cancer. Now, Chemotherapy MIGHT work, but we have no absolute proof it will, so we are just going to let you die."

"Dun, der sounds good to me, Doc!"

On a serious note, we CAN see the correlation between the burning of fossil fuels, the increase of CO2 in the atmosphere and the warming of the planet.

Yes, there have been periods where the planet has gotten warmer or colder than it is now, but that was over hundreds of thousands of years, NOT decades. over a long period, life can adapt through natural selection...

Oh, wait, you are one of these bible thumping morons who doesn't think evolution is a thing, aren't you?

You think man can destroy the planet? What intoxicating vanity. Let me tell you about our planet. Earth is four-and-a-ha

Mormon Bob, this was from the book that said Dinosaur DNA could be extracted from insects in amber (which is a complete impossiblity)

True, the PLANET might go on. But it won't matter if people can't live on it. The actual band that makes the planet inhabiatable is actually pretty narrow.

1. China is building 43 new coal fired powerplants. They are the problem, even though they sell green energy equipment. Read your links. China is hooked on coal and always will be. They just need too much power to be green.

Coal plants are only part of the problem. The bigger problem is automobiles that aren't fuel efficient, and the US leads in those.

The reality, coal consumption has been dropping for decades.... It's why Trump had to go to Coal country and tell Cleetus and Billy Bob that he would personally bring their jobs back, and that never happened.

2. Big rig emissions are almost equal to passenger car emissions. Point being electric cars won't solve the CO2 problem. Private autos are only a VERY SMALL PART OF THE CO2 PROBLEM. See bottom graphic on post #492.

Your own graph says passenger vehicles are 45% of the problem. Reduce the problem by 45%, that's almost got the damn thing solved.

Coal plants are only part of the problem. The bigger problem is automobiles that aren't fuel efficient, and the US leads in those.
The reality, coal consumption has been dropping for decades.... It's why Trump had to go to Coal country and tell Cleetus and Billy Bob that he would personally bring their jobs back, and that never happened.
1. China's coal plants are the problem, China is hooked on coal. Read the link.
2. Car emissions are not that big of a percentage of total US CO2 emissions, only about 15% with big rigs being about 10%. Stop lying.

1639334382197.png

3. True US coal usage has been dropping, but China's is rising, so no net gain on the CO2 emissions, at least until China gets serious about it.

Your own graph says passenger vehicles are 45% of the problem. Reduce the problem by 45%, that's almost got the damn thing solved.
Nope. Transportation is only 27% of total US emissions, and of that 27%, 45% are autos, and 30% are big rigs, aviation is 12% and shipping (rail & ships) are 11%. Its a much more complex problem that your simplistic assessment indicates.
Doing the math:
Cars = 0.27 x 0.45 = 12% of total US CO2 emissions
Big rigs = .27 x .30 = 8% of total US CO2 emissions
Aviation = .27 x .12 = 4% " "
Shipping = .27 x .11 = 3% " "

Add them up and you get 27% which is the transportation contribution of total US CO2 emissions.

So Big rigs + aviation + rails & ships is more CO2 than just auto emissions.

Last edited:
The office of John Chisholm, the Milwaukee County District Attorney, has already admitted that it was a mistake to release Darrell Brooks on such low bail for previous violent crimes.

The blame lies with him. Its not anybody trying to fix anything, its the DA in waukesha being an idiot. and cash bail is a ransom.
If you're suggesting we should detain serious offenders without granting a cash bail, I agree. Given Brooks's pattern of behavior, he never should have been granted bail to begin with.

Arguments sound better when you use whole sentences........ this should have been explained to you at an early age.

We don't have to confiscate all the guns... we just have to make new guns a lot harder to get. Then it's just a matter of wearing them out by attrition.
A properly maintained gun will last decades at least. Any machine shop can make spare parts.

A properly maintained gun will last decades at least. Any machine shop can make spare parts.

The key word was "properly maintained". I was an Armorer in the Army (before I was promoted to Supply NCO). Getting them to maintain their weapons in a chain of command structure was enough of a trick.

More to the point, I am less worried about the gun that has been sitting in someone's closet getting rusty since the Nineties.... Most of the horrific gun crimes are committed with a gun just bought by a crazy person.

I mean, seriously, every time there is a mass shooting, we find out two things. 1) Everyone in that person's life knew he was crazy and 2) It was really easy for him to get a gun.

The key word was "properly maintained". I was an Armorer in the Army (before I was promoted to Supply NCO). Getting them to maintain their weapons in a chain of command structure was enough of a trick.

More to the point, I am less worried about the gun that has been sitting in someone's closet getting rusty since the Nineties.... Most of the horrific gun crimes are committed with a gun just bought by a crazy person.

I mean, seriously, every time there is a mass shooting, we find out two things. 1) Everyone in that person's life knew he was crazy and 2) It was really easy for him to get a gun.
Exactly. So how do we handle mental illness going forward?

Are we going back to committing people and insane asylums?

It's not about gun control, its about controlling gangs and crazies.

Exactly. So how do we handle mental illness going forward?

Are we going back to committing people and insane asylums?

It's not about gun control, its about controlling gangs and crazies.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with institutionalizing the really serious cases. Better than having them sleep on grates.

No, it really is about gun control, because 83% of murders aren't gangs, they are people who shoot their family and neighbors.

So a simple enough solution. Before you can buy a gun, we ask your boss, your spouse and your neighbors, "Are you cool with Bob having a gun?"

I personally wouldn't have a problem with institutionalizing the really serious cases. Better than having them sleep on grates.
No, it really is about gun control, because 83% of murders aren't gangs, they are people who shoot their family and neighbors.
So a simple enough solution. Before you can buy a gun, we ask your boss, your spouse and your neighbors, "Are you cool with Bob having a gun?"
1. Gun control doesn't work, period. All US cities have strict gun control laws and the criminals just ignore them.
2. 51% of murders are by black males, who are ~6% of the population, you can say that's not "gang related", but it is gang/race related.
3. I have a carry permit, so I passed my background check. I agree that to buy a gun you should have a carry permit, which excludes anyone with a criminal record.

1. Gun control doesn't work, period. All US cities have strict gun control laws and the criminals just ignore them.

Gun control works just fine in the UK, France, Italy, Japan and Germany.

2. 51% of murders are by black males, who are ~6% of the population, you can say that's not "gang related", but it is gang/race related.

The cleaners called. Your brownshits are ready, but they can't get the soot out of your klan robes.

We have a "labor shortage" because we have more old people retiring than we have young people who want to replace them. And, yes, Trump Plague killing off 700,000 people probably didn't help.

I may agree with most of the rest, but the covid deaths were almost all over 70, so actually improved the economy and workforce.
For example, there have only been fewer than 500 deaths from covid, under 18.

Yes, eliminating fossil fuels IS the goal. They are destroying the planet. But the oil companies and the Koch brother tell you bullshit about Global Warming not being true (even as we watch glaciers melt and coral reefs die) and dammit, you aren't giving up your SUV.

Fossil fuels are free money, so we never want to "eliminate" them.
We just want to slow down their wasted use, so that plants can keep up and use their CO2.
We want to save fossil fuels for future generations.

But if we were honest about global warming, we would be doing free mass transit.
We could almost instantly cut emission by 60%.

The cleaners called. Your brownshits are ready, but they can't get the soot out of your klan robes.

Gun control has nothing at all to do with Europe or Asia having less firearms deaths.
Anyone who wants a gun anywhere in the world can easily get one, just as they do drugs.
In fact, all drug dealers are always armed because they always have to deal with cash and can't call the police or use banks.

The reason there are fewer gun crimes in the rest of the world is that there are more rights in the rest of the world.
It is a right to have reasonable access to education, health care, housing, employment, etc., and the US has almost no guarantees on any of these essentials.
We do not even have reasonable mass transit.
The US is one of the most selfish and least fair countries in the world.
We have more gun deaths because we deserve it.
We push more people over the edge.

1. Gun control doesn't work in US cities. I wonder why? What population differences do US cities have with the UK, Italy, Japan, and Germany?
2. FBI statistics are the truth. Black males are the most violent by far, including gun violence and murders. That is not "racist" it is simple fact.

Forum List

Back