Democrats: You're not there yet.

" The President has only so much power."

This is his power... He receives this information and his job to act on that information, he downplayed the threat to America, Continiously...

He got major warnings from
  • Trade Advisor
  • Intelligence Community
  • CDC
He just downplayed them all... He even wanted to refuse money from Congress who didn't get the information he got. Pelosi didn't receive the information he received. GOP politicians did and decided to play the Stock Market.

He downplayed it so as not to see hysteria in the country. What information did he have that Congress didn't? This was not something he was privy too. This was all public information.

When it came out, he let the CDC do their job. He let the FDA do their job. He didn't interfere; you know, something you people on the left have been complaining about the last few years??? It wasn't until we realized just how serious this was until he started to pressure his agencies to cut through all the red tape and get things done at a quicker pace.

This page alone:
1586364883555.png

The economic impact from trade secretary...

When Ukraine was going you were very quick in explaining how it was the White House's job to manage all all foreign communications.

Trump had real information... Identifying this as a 'Black Swan' event has a special importance...

The information Trump had was far more serious and far earlier and from more trusted sources than the media...

Trump might be making up foriegn policy from the Fox News Foreign Correspondent but the real politicians use the paid intelligence resources of the US government.

Trump gave no advice to the states to get ready and actually in the media downplayed it. IF he was geniuely trying to stop hysteria why didn't he tell the govenors in private and let them prepare.

" The President has only so much power."

This is his power... He receives this information and his job to act on that information, he downplayed the threat to America, Continiously...

He got major warnings from
  • Trade Advisor
  • Intelligence Community
  • CDC
He just downplayed them all... He even wanted to refuse money from Congress who didn't get the information he got. Pelosi didn't receive the information he received. GOP politicians did and decided to play the Stock Market.

He downplayed it so as not to see hysteria in the country. What information did he have that Congress didn't? This was not something he was privy too. This was all public information.

When it came out, he let the CDC do their job. He let the FDA do their job. He didn't interfere; you know, something you people on the left have been complaining about the last few years??? It wasn't until we realized just how serious this was until he started to pressure his agencies to cut through all the red tape and get things done at a quicker pace.

This page alone:
View attachment 320681

The economic impact from trade secretary...

When Ukraine was going you were very quick in explaining how it was the White House's job to manage all all foreign communications.

Trump had real information... Identifying this as a 'Black Swan' event has a special importance...

The information Trump had was far more serious and far earlier and from more trusted sources than the media...

Trump might be making up foriegn policy from the Fox News Foreign Correspondent but the real politicians use the paid intelligence resources of the US government.

Trump gave no advice to the states to get ready and actually in the media downplayed it. IF he was geniuely trying to stop hysteria why didn't he tell the govenors in private and let them prepare.

Trump is not a health czar. He takes his advice from our people who are.

December 31: China reports the discovery of the coronavirus to the World Health Organization.

January 3: CDC Director Robert Redfield sent an email to the director of the Chinese CDC, George Gao, formally offering to send U.S. experts to China to investigate the coronavirus.

January 5: CDC Director Redfield sent another email to the Chinese CDC Director, George Gao, formally offering to send U.S. experts to China to investigate the coronavirus outbreak,

January 6: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a travel notice for Wuhan, China due to the spreading coronavirus.

January 7: The CDC established a coronavirus incident management system to better share and respond to information about the virus.

January 11: The CDC issued a Level I travel health notice for Wuhan, China.

January 17: The CDC began implementing public health entry screening at the 3 U.S. airports that received the most travelers from Wuhan – San Francisco, New York JFK, and Los Angeles.

January 20: Dr. Fauci announces the National Institutes of Health is already working on the development of a vaccine for the coronavirus.

January 21: The CDC activated its emergency operations center to provide ongoing support to the coronavirus response.

January 23: The CDC sought a “special emergency authorization” from the FDA to allow states to use its newly developed coronavirus test.

January 27: President Trump tweeted that he made an offer to President Xi Jinping to send experts to China to investigate the coronavirus outbreak.

January 27: The CDC issued a level III travel health notice urging Americans to avoid all nonessential travel to China due to the coronavirus.

January 27: The White House Coronavirus Task Force started meeting to help monitor and contain the spread of the virus and provide updates to the President.

January 29: The White House announced the formation of the Coronavirus Task Force to help monitor and contain the spread of the virus and provide updates to the President.

January 31: The Trump Administration:

• Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency.
  • Announced Chinese travel restrictions.
  • Suspended entry into the United States for foreign nationals who pose a risk of transmitting the coronavirus.
January 31: The Department of Homeland Security took critical steps to funnel all flights from China into just 7 domestic U.S. airports.

February 3: The CDC had a team ready to travel to China to obtain critical information on the novel coronavirus, but were in the U.S. awaiting permission to enter by the Chinese government.

February 4: President Trump vowed in his State of the Union Address to “take all necessary steps” to protect Americans from the coronavirus.

February 6: The CDC began shipping CDC-Developed test kits for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus to U.S. and international labs.

February 7: President Trump told reporters that the CDC is working with China on the coronavirus.

February 9: The White House Coronavirus Task Force briefed governors from across the nation at the National Governors’ Association Meeting in Washington.

As you can plainly see, most of what's happened thus far were contained in our agencies. The President trusted their knowledge and judgment on how to deal with this issue and protect our citizens.

“One of the first things taught in introductory statistics textbooks is that correlation is not causation. It is also one of the first things forgotten.” Thomas Sowell

And?

Do you need me to explain what the means, Winger? I'm sorry...I forget you're more of a "bumper sticker" kind of intellectual.
You need to back up your point

I am still waiting

My point that Obama economic policy had little to do with the economic rebound that finally happened? Let's look at his agenda, Winger! At a time when millions of Americans in the Private Sector were unemployed and burning up their life's savings...what was the first priority of the Obama Administration? A redoing of the healthcare system that injected so much confusion into the economy that businesses were hesitant to hire? A stimulus that kept Public Sector workers employed and did little to nothing for those who had lost their jobs in the Private Sector? Proposed Cap & Trade legislation that would have increased costs across the board for American companies? Waging war against Big Coal and Big Oil?

You know what saved Barack Obama from going down in history as the worst jobs President in the history of this country, Winger? It was the midterm elections in which the Democrats got "shellacked" losing more seats in the House and Senate than any party has lost in modern election history! If THAT hadn't happened the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression would have only lasted longer and hurt more people!
Let’s look at cause and effect. Obama’s stimulus directly led to a reversal in the collapse of the stock market, positive GDP and the job market.

A stimulus bill that not a single Republican would support

It had nothing to do with it. DumBama's success (if you could call it that) was the feds pumping trillions of dollars into the stock market. He had no control over that. The Pork Bill only focused on a few industries, and mostly government jobs. It had noting to do with the economy. It had to do with rewarding unions for supporting him.
Ray, you got some splain’n to do

View attachment 320588

All it shows is the commie was in the right place at the right time. An economy couldn't respond in a matter of days. It's impossible. Quantitive easing started in December of the prior year which is a few months from where your chart shows an increase in jobs.
It shows that the Stimulus that The Great Obama passed prevented a Depression

A Stimulus that not a single Republican voted for

You keep saying that and I believe that 3 Republicans voted FOR that stimulus while 11 Democrats voted against it!
As for what prevented a depression? I would argue that TARP had more to do with the prevention of a Depression than the Obama Stimulus did!

What he actually thinks is that the stimulus passed, the money got into the hands of employers only days later, and they started to hire people immediately. That's what he really believes.
What you seem to think is the gradual trickling of money for Quantitive Easing would result in an instant turnaround. Do you know what easing means?

No, I did not say that. I pointed out to you that QE started three months before the economy showed any sign of recovering. What you are trying to claim is that the economy reacted immediately to the Pork Bill. Like I said, that's totally impossible.
The economy did react immediately to the Stimulus Bill.
The economy was in a panic. People were abandoning the market, laying off employees.
Once Obama made it clear the Government would stand behind the banks and would not allow them to default, the panic subsided

“One of the first things taught in introductory statistics textbooks is that correlation is not causation. It is also one of the first things forgotten.” Thomas Sowell

And?

Do you need me to explain what the means, Winger? I'm sorry...I forget you're more of a "bumper sticker" kind of intellectual.

I am still waiting

My point that Obama economic policy had little to do with the economic rebound that finally happened? Let's look at his agenda, Winger! At a time when millions of Americans in the Private Sector were unemployed and burning up their life's savings...what was the first priority of the Obama Administration? A redoing of the healthcare system that injected so much confusion into the economy that businesses were hesitant to hire? A stimulus that kept Public Sector workers employed and did little to nothing for those who had lost their jobs in the Private Sector? Proposed Cap & Trade legislation that would have increased costs across the board for American companies? Waging war against Big Coal and Big Oil?

You know what saved Barack Obama from going down in history as the worst jobs President in the history of this country, Winger? It was the midterm elections in which the Democrats got "shellacked" losing more seats in the House and Senate than any party has lost in modern election history! If THAT hadn't happened the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression would have only lasted longer and hurt more people!
Let’s look at cause and effect. Obama’s stimulus directly led to a reversal in the collapse of the stock market, positive GDP and the job market.

It had nothing to do with it. DumBama's success (if you could call it that) was the feds pumping trillions of dollars into the stock market. He had no control over that. The Pork Bill only focused on a few industries, and mostly government jobs. It had noting to do with the economy. It had to do with rewarding unions for supporting him.

View attachment 320588

All it shows is the commie was in the right place at the right time. An economy couldn't respond in a matter of days. It's impossible. Quantitive easing started in December of the prior year which is a few months from where your chart shows an increase in jobs.

It doesn't show that at all. It's in your head. Hell, DumBama couldn't even get his hands on the money yet. Sorry, but you didn't build that.
Funny how Republicans treat Stimulus during an economic crisis.

When Bush requested TARP and Stimulus money, Democrats supported him for the good of the Country.

When Obama requested additional Stimulus, not a single Republican was in favor. They wanted the economy to fail.

When Trump requested $2.2 trillion Stimulus, Democrats supported him for the good of the Country.

Any guess how Republicans would treat such a request from President Biden?

Republicans didn't support it because it was Pork Bill 2, and Pork Bill 1 was a complete failure. Why would Republicans support two failures?

Democrats again loaded this stimulus with pork and delayed it for a week. If they didn't support it, they knew without a doubt, they could kiss the White House and the Congress goodbye, and Nancy could return home for a long due retirement.

Not to worry though. Trump will be reminding people of their demeanor during this crisis at the debates and as we near election. He will not let people forget.
No more pork than was in the Bush stimulus. Republicans have their own pork and you are naive if you can’t see it.

Trumps $2.2 trillion stimulus is loaded with pork and Republicans had no problem supporting it.

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

You keep saying that and I believe that 3 Republicans voted FOR that stimulus while 11 Democrats voted against it!
As for what prevented a depression? I would argue that TARP had more to do with the prevention of a Depression than the Obama Stimulus did!

What he actually thinks is that the stimulus passed, the money got into the hands of employers only days later, and they started to hire people immediately. That's what he really believes.
What you seem to think is the gradual trickling of money for Quantitive Easing would result in an instant turnaround. Do you know what easing means?

No, I did not say that. I pointed out to you that QE started three months before the economy showed any sign of recovering. What you are trying to claim is that the economy reacted immediately to the Pork Bill. Like I said, that's totally impossible.
The economy was in a panic. People were abandoning the market, laying off employees.
Once Obama made it clear the Government would stand behind the banks and would not allow them to default, the panic subsided
You really are a moron, Winger! The banks weren't saved by the Obama Stimulus...they were saved by George W. Bush's TARP program!

States are not in poverty--cities are.

97% of the population lives in urban areas... that's not a real argument.

A 800K house where you live costs about 300K here,

That's true... but you'd still have to live there, that's the problem.
As usual, Joey...you don't have a clue what you're talking about! Approximately 19% of Americans live in rural areas according to the US Census! Not 3% as you're claiming!

States are not in poverty--cities are.

97% of the population lives in urban areas... that's not a real argument.

A 800K house where you live costs about 300K here,

That's true... but you'd still have to live there, that's the problem.

I don't have to live anywhere. I can live where I desire. My desire is to stay here because I'm less than 20 minutes from my sister, my 88 year old father, and five minutes from my 84 year old mother. I also stay here to run this place as it's part of my retirement that I worked 25 years for.

Plus I enjoy what I do. I have great tenants, we will have another great time this summer on my large property with get togethers. I will spend a lot of time by my outdoor fireplace creating a huge global footprint with all the wood I expect to burn, and I'm going to enjoy life right here.

Take a look at my summer:

IMG_0025.JPG

Last edited:

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

It doesn't show that at all. It's in your head. Hell, DumBama couldn't even get his hands on the money yet. Sorry, but you didn't build that.

When Bush requested TARP and Stimulus money, Democrats supported him for the good of the Country.

When Obama requested additional Stimulus, not a single Republican was in favor. They wanted the economy to fail.

When Trump requested $2.2 trillion Stimulus, Democrats supported him for the good of the Country.

Republicans didn't support it because it was Pork Bill 2, and Pork Bill 1 was a complete failure. Why would Republicans support two failures?

Democrats again loaded this stimulus with pork and delayed it for a week. If they didn't support it, they knew without a doubt, they could kiss the White House and the Congress goodbye, and Nancy could return home for a long due retirement.

Not to worry though. Trump will be reminding people of their demeanor during this crisis at the debates and as we near election. He will not let people forget.
No more pork than was in the Bush stimulus. Republicans have their own pork and you are naive if you can’t see it.

Trumps $2.2 trillion stimulus is loaded with pork and Republicans had no problem supporting it.

Pork? Pork means things that are not related to the problem. What pork do you speak of?

I love how you liberals circle every Trump briefing like vultures looking for your next "sound bite" to use against him. He can stand up there and answer questions for an hour but the only thing that you'll EVER hear is whatever it is you think you can use against him! His Presidency will be judged by the job he does...not on how the left attempts to portray him!

Okay, so when he oversees a plague that kills 100,000 people and double digit unemployment, people WILL Judge him on that.

The thing was, most of his outrageous, corrupt behavior was excused by the right on the premise, "Well, at least the economy is good". Now you guys have moved on to "Not his fault the economy sucks!"

Obama didn't do any of those things, Winger! The US economy slowly recovered DESPITE Barack Obama's abysmal economic policies! He was the one who pushed the Affordable Care Act, Cap & Trade, bans on drilling for oil and natural gas and had his Justice Department sue because Boeing wanted to build a new plant in a right to work State!

Those are all GOOD things. The economy wasn't going to grow because big corporations could keep exploiting us.

I don't have to live anywhere. I can live where I desire. My desire is to stay here because I'm less than 20 minutes from my sister, my 88 year old father, and five minutes from my 84 year old mother. I also stay here to run this place as it's part of my retirement that I worked 25 years for.

Plus I enjoy what I do. I have great tenants, we will have another great time this summer on my large property with get togethers. I will spend a lot of time by my outdoor fireplace creating a huge global footprint with all the wood I expect to burn, and I'm going to enjoy life right here.

Yeah, buddy, that screams 'White trash"

So you live in a slum next to some Section 8 people you just can't stop whining about, are getting a disability from the government because you never bothered to develop alternate job skills, and your idea of "fun" is to listen to the police scanner about all the darkies committing crimes.

I lived in a shitty neighborhood for a while. I got the hell out as soon as I could. And I made a profit doing so.

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

You really are a moron, Winger! The banks weren't saved by the Obama Stimulus...they were saved by George W. Bush's TARP program!
Evidently not, Banks continued to fail....that is why a second TARP was needed

Republicans voted to let them fail, just like the auto industry.

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

Pork? Pork means things that are not related to the problem. What pork do you speak of?
Giving money to people who are not affected by the virus

Pork, Pork, Pork
Votes, Votes, Votes

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

Pork, Pork, Pork
Votes, Votes, Votes

He's not giving money to people because they might have the virus, he's giving money to most people to try and stop an economic collapse. It's not pork by any definition of the word.

Yeah, buddy, that screams 'White trash"

So you live in a slum next to some Section 8 people you just can't stop whining about, are getting a disability from the government because you never bothered to develop alternate job skills, and your idea of "fun" is to listen to the police scanner about all the darkies committing crimes.

I lived in a shitty neighborhood for a while. I got the hell out as soon as I could. And I made a profit doing so.

Yeah, white trash is anybody that doesn't share your self-hating white stance. I do believe you when you say you got out of bad neighborhoods. You're the epitome of the white people here when it was a mostly white suburb; telling everybody how we need to color the neighborhood up more; tell your black friends and coworkers to move to our suburb.

When their dream started to become reality, they were the first ones to pack their bags and get out of Dodge. That's what you hypocrites on the left do. In realty, they were nothing but a bunch of phonies who moved from here to the whitest community their money could afford, just like you did.

Of course they could never admit to that. They used code phrases like "bad people are moving in" or "the neighborhood isn't what it used to be." Liars who can't even be honest with themselves.

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

Pork, Pork, Pork
Votes, Votes, Votes

He's not giving money to people because they might have the virus, he's giving money to most people to try and stop an economic collapse. It's not pork by any definition of the word.
The economic collapse is not because people don’t have money, it is because businesses were forced to close due to virus

Throwing money at the problem will not get those businesses open any sooner

Pork, Pork, Pork

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

What second TARP? Jesus, Winger...do you remember ANYTHING about TARP?

I love how you liberals circle every Trump briefing like vultures looking for your next "sound bite" to use against him. He can stand up there and answer questions for an hour but the only thing that you'll EVER hear is whatever it is you think you can use against him! His Presidency will be judged by the job he does...not on how the left attempts to portray him!

Okay, so when he oversees a plague that kills 100,000 people and double digit unemployment, people WILL Judge him on that.

The thing was, most of his outrageous, corrupt behavior was excused by the right on the premise, "Well, at least the economy is good". Now you guys have moved on to "Not his fault the economy sucks!"

Obama didn't do any of those things, Winger! The US economy slowly recovered DESPITE Barack Obama's abysmal economic policies! He was the one who pushed the Affordable Care Act, Cap & Trade, bans on drilling for oil and natural gas and had his Justice Department sue because Boeing wanted to build a new plant in a right to work State!

Those are all GOOD things. The economy wasn't going to grow because big corporations could keep exploiting us.

Those were all "GOOD things"? Not if you were out of work and waiting for the Obama Administration to fix things they weren't! They're ALL policies that were anti job creation! So who would DO something like that when millions of Americans were out of work and in dire financial trouble? "Progressives"...that's who!!! People that care more about their political agenda then if you can feed your family and keep a roof over your head.

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

What second TARP? Jesus, Winger...do you remember ANYTHING about TARP?
TARP was passed under Bush and Democrats voted for it.
When Obama requested additional TARP funds, not a single Republican would vote for it.

They wanted the economy to fail

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

Pork, Pork, Pork
Votes, Votes, Votes

The economic collapse is not because people don’t have money, it is because businesses were forced to close due to virus

Throwing money at the problem will not get those businesses open any sooner

Pork, Pork, Pork

I don't think you know what defines pork. Pork is what the Democrats did; stuff the bill full of partisan goodies that had absolutely nothing to do with the virus or economy. There is nothing partisan about giving everybody money equally. When businesses do open back up, they will depend on people with money to spend, buying their products or services. That's how the economy will kick back up.

Trump added an additional $600.00 a week to unemployment. If somebody gets $400.00 a week from their state, and add that $600.00, that's equal to 60K a year when you consider taxes. In other words, some people will bring in more money than when they worked for a living.

An unemployed couple that has the income level of 120K a year will have plenty of money to spend on those businesses, especially around here where the cost of living is reasonable. The downside to that is they will do whatever they can to stay on unemployment. While that might be bad and costly, it will also continue money going back into circulation.

Forum List

Back