Democrats: You're not there yet.

What...after it became obvious that it was much more dangerous than anyone thought it would be?
When did anyone besides Trump and members of his cult think the virus would not be as dangerous as it is?

When did Democrats think the virus would be as dangerous as it turned out to be? They were criticizing Trump for shutting down travel to and from China!

“One of the first things taught in introductory statistics textbooks is that correlation is not causation. It is also one of the first things forgotten.” Thomas Sowell

And?

Do you need me to explain what the means, Winger? I'm sorry...I forget you're more of a "bumper sticker" kind of intellectual.
You need to back up your point

I am still waiting

My point that Obama economic policy had little to do with the economic rebound that finally happened? Let's look at his agenda, Winger! At a time when millions of Americans in the Private Sector were unemployed and burning up their life's savings...what was the first priority of the Obama Administration? A redoing of the healthcare system that injected so much confusion into the economy that businesses were hesitant to hire? A stimulus that kept Public Sector workers employed and did little to nothing for those who had lost their jobs in the Private Sector? Proposed Cap & Trade legislation that would have increased costs across the board for American companies? Waging war against Big Coal and Big Oil?

You know what saved Barack Obama from going down in history as the worst jobs President in the history of this country, Winger? It was the midterm elections in which the Democrats got "shellacked" losing more seats in the House and Senate than any party has lost in modern election history! If THAT hadn't happened the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression would have only lasted longer and hurt more people!
Let’s look at cause and effect. Obama’s stimulus directly led to a reversal in the collapse of the stock market, positive GDP and the job market.

A stimulus bill that not a single Republican would support

It had nothing to do with it. DumBama's success (if you could call it that) was the feds pumping trillions of dollars into the stock market. He had no control over that. The Pork Bill only focused on a few industries, and mostly government jobs. It had noting to do with the economy. It had to do with rewarding unions for supporting him.
Experts disagree with you. A situation you must commonly find yourself in.

Recently each of these eminent economists was asked whether the unemployment rate was lower at the end of 2010 than it would have been without the stimulus bill. Of the 44 economists surveyed, 37 responded, yielding a healthy response rate of 84 percent.

Among those who responded, 36 agreed that the stimulus bill had lowered the unemployment rate, while one disagreed. That lone disagreeing economist, Harvard’s Alberto Alesina (who was one of my thesis advisers), has been a virulent opponent of the stimulus, although the research that he’s based this upon has come under sustained criticism, particularly from the International Monetary Fund, which views the study as flawed.

It somehow SHOCKS you that economists think spending a trillion in stimulus improved the unemployment numbers? Of course it did! That doesn't mean however that the Obama Administration utilized that money properly...something that became apparent when they DIDN'T create the jobs that they promised they would!

“One of the first things taught in introductory statistics textbooks is that correlation is not causation. It is also one of the first things forgotten.” Thomas Sowell

And?

Do you need me to explain what the means, Winger? I'm sorry...I forget you're more of a "bumper sticker" kind of intellectual.

I am still waiting

My point that Obama economic policy had little to do with the economic rebound that finally happened? Let's look at his agenda, Winger! At a time when millions of Americans in the Private Sector were unemployed and burning up their life's savings...what was the first priority of the Obama Administration? A redoing of the healthcare system that injected so much confusion into the economy that businesses were hesitant to hire? A stimulus that kept Public Sector workers employed and did little to nothing for those who had lost their jobs in the Private Sector? Proposed Cap & Trade legislation that would have increased costs across the board for American companies? Waging war against Big Coal and Big Oil?

You know what saved Barack Obama from going down in history as the worst jobs President in the history of this country, Winger? It was the midterm elections in which the Democrats got "shellacked" losing more seats in the House and Senate than any party has lost in modern election history! If THAT hadn't happened the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression would have only lasted longer and hurt more people!
Let’s look at cause and effect. Obama’s stimulus directly led to a reversal in the collapse of the stock market, positive GDP and the job market.

It had nothing to do with it. DumBama's success (if you could call it that) was the feds pumping trillions of dollars into the stock market. He had no control over that. The Pork Bill only focused on a few industries, and mostly government jobs. It had noting to do with the economy. It had to do with rewarding unions for supporting him.
Ray, you got some splain’n to do

View attachment 320588

All it shows is the commie was in the right place at the right time. An economy couldn't respond in a matter of days. It's impossible. Quantitive easing started in December of the prior year which is a few months from where your chart shows an increase in jobs.

What...after it became obvious that it was much more dangerous than anyone thought it would be?
When did anyone besides Trump and members of his cult think the virus would not be as dangerous as it is?

I guess you didn't see Piglosi telling people to go out and mingle in Chinatown? I guess you forgot that she and the other Democrats were trying to pass a bill to strip the President of his authority to issue travel bans in the first two weeks of March?

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

All it shows is the commie was in the right place at the right time. An economy couldn't respond in a matter of days. It's impossible. Quantitive easing started in December of the prior year which is a few months from where your chart shows an increase in jobs.
It shows that the Stimulus that The Great Obama passed prevented a Depression

A Stimulus that not a single Republican voted for

By the time Trump gets done crashing and burning the economy, the Democrats could nominate a wooden plank and it would get elected.
So you're counting on all of those new Democrat voters Biden found???

No, people are counting on the disgust of decent Americans at the horror show clown the right elected.

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

It doesn't show that at all. It's in your head. Hell, DumBama couldn't even get his hands on the money yet. Sorry, but you didn't build that.

I guess you forgot that she and the other Democrats were trying to pass a bill to strip the President of his authority to issue travel bans in the first two weeks of March?
It saddens me to see how myopically focused you folks are on Trump's ineffectual travel bans. The execution of which were faulty and the efficacy of which was minimal. You've been duped again.

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

You keep saying that and I believe that 3 Republicans voted FOR that stimulus while 11 Democrats voted against it!
As for what prevented a depression? I would argue that TARP had more to do with the prevention of a Depression than the Obama Stimulus did!

I guess you forgot that she and the other Democrats were trying to pass a bill to strip the President of his authority to issue travel bans in the first two weeks of March?
It saddens me to see how myopically focused you folks are on Trump's ineffectual travel bans. The execution of which were faulty and the efficacy of which was minimal. You've been duped again.
You're an ignorant bastard

Right. We have a virus here from overseas, so the best thing we can do is let more people here from overseas into our country. Now do you understand how important it is to keep you people out of leadership in this country?

By the time Trump gets done crashing and burning the economy, the Democrats could nominate a wooden plank and it would get elected.
So you're counting on all of those new Democrat voters Biden found???

No, people are counting on the disgust of decent Americans at the horror show clown the right elected.

You keep right on hoping that's going to happen, Dragonlady! You do realize that this virus is starting to peak? That the economy is poised to come roaring back? That people are going to look at how Trump managed this crisis...how the Democrats tried to use it to win an election and vote accordingly? I'm sorry but Joe Biden is NOT who any rational person wants running our economy in this!

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

You keep saying that and I believe that 3 Republicans voted FOR that stimulus while 11 Democrats voted against it!
As for what prevented a depression? I would argue that TARP had more to do with the prevention of a Depression than the Obama Stimulus did!

What he actually thinks is that the stimulus passed, the money got into the hands of employers only days later, and they started to hire people immediately. That's what he really believes.

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

It doesn't show that at all. It's in your head. Hell, DumBama couldn't even get his hands on the money yet. Sorry, but you didn't build that.
Funny how Republicans treat Stimulus during an economic crisis.

When Bush requested TARP and Stimulus money, Democrats supported him for the good of the Country.

When Obama requested additional Stimulus, not a single Republican was in favor. They wanted the economy to fail.

When Trump requested $2.2 trillion Stimulus, Democrats supported him for the good of the Country.

Any guess how Republicans would treat such a request from President Biden?

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

What he actually thinks is that the stimulus passed, the money got into the hands of employers only days later, and they started to hire people immediately. That's what he really believes.
What you seem to think is the gradual trickling of money for Quantitive Easing would result in an instant turnaround. Do you know what easing means?

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

What you seem to think is the gradual trickling of money for Quantitive Easing would result in an instant turnaround. Do you know what easing means?

No, I did not say that. I pointed out to you that QE started three months before the economy showed any sign of recovering. What you are trying to claim is that the economy reacted immediately to the Pork Bill. Like I said, that's totally impossible.

And?

I am still waiting

View attachment 320588

Funny how Republicans treat Stimulus during an economic crisis.

When Bush requested TARP and Stimulus money, Democrats supported him for the good of the Country.

When Obama requested additional Stimulus, not a single Republican was in favor. They wanted the economy to fail.

When Trump requested $2.2 trillion Stimulus, Democrats supported him for the good of the Country.

Any guess how Republicans would treat such a request from President Biden?

Republicans didn't support it because it was Pork Bill 2, and Pork Bill 1 was a complete failure. Why would Republicans support two failures?

Democrats again loaded this stimulus with pork and delayed it for a week. If they didn't support it, they knew without a doubt, they could kiss the White House and the Congress goodbye, and Nancy could return home for a long due retirement.

Not to worry though. Trump will be reminding people of their demeanor during this crisis at the debates and as we near election. He will not let people forget.

Forum List

Back