Democrats to propose legislation expanding the Supreme Court

I'm a Canadian and I saw this coming, along with quite a number of decisions meant to alter your system. How many of you laughed when some suggested this would be the play? It appears it is precisely what some believed it would be.

Democratic lawmakers are set to unveil legislation Thursday to expand the number of justices on the Supreme Court.

Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., and Reps. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., Hank Johnson, D-Ga., and Mondaire Jones, D-N.Y., will hold a press conference on Thursday to introduce the proposal on the steps of the Supreme Court.

Given their control of the White House and the Senate, the legislation could allow them to supersede the current conservative majority by "packing" the Court with liberal justices.

Spokespeople for the lawmakers’ offices did not return Fox News’ requests Wednesday night for further details.

The Intercept reported on Wednesday that the legislation will propose expanding the court to 13 justices, from nine.

The Supreme Court has had nine justices since the 19th century, though it is not required by the Constitution.

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, introduced legislation earlier this year that included a constitutional amendment to preserve the current number of sitting justices, as well as provisions prohibiting congress from passing legislation to expand the number.

Cruz first introduced that legislation in October, as some Democrats indicated an openness to expanding the size of the high court following the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Ginsburg’s vacancy was filled by Donald Trump-appointee Amy Coney Barrett, marking Trump’s third appointment to the Supreme Court. Justice Barrett also tilted the ideological power balance of the court in favor of conservatives 6 to 3.

Last edited:
Democrats want to pick 4 more anti Republican Supreme Court Justices. I saw this a few minutes ago on Fox tv. What do you think?

foxnews.com
Totally agree as your republic ones asked for the review with ramming amy thru.

Seems simple, do you have a hard time with simple.
I don't mind simple. It is puerile behavior that I find inappropriate. :whipg:

There's already a topic that breaks the Clean Title rule ,but the mods don't care because attacking liberals cool. here you go.

emember, Fox News admitted in Court that no ”reasonable person” would believe anything that Tucker Carlson has to say.
Yeah, who would be silly enough to believe the democrats want to pack the court... the way FDR did.
So that Ruth Ginsberg had to issue a public comment squashing the idea.
They way they tried to make DC a state or Puerto Rico, to gain more members in Congress. Or excommunicate any politician who sided with Trump...to gain more support in Congress.

Who can believe all that, I wonder.
Oh, there are some crazy gonzos in the Democrat party that would love to play this power game, but they'll never get the votes. President Biden is against it. If it reached his desk (which it never will) I doubt if he would sign it.

I'm a Canadian and I saw this coming, along with quite a number of decisions meant to alter your system. How many of you laughed when some suggested this would be the play? It appears it is precisely what some believed it would be.

Democratic lawmakers are set to unveil legislation Thursday to expand the number of justices on the Supreme Court.

Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., and Reps. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., Hank Johnson, D-Ga., and Mondaire Jones, D-N.Y., will hold a press conference on Thursday to introduce the proposal on the steps of the Supreme Court.

Given their control of the White House and the Senate, the legislation could allow them to supersede the current conservative majority by "packing" the Court with liberal justices.

Spokespeople for the lawmakers’ offices did not return Fox News’ requests Wednesday night for further details.

The Intercept reported on Wednesday that the legislation will propose expanding the court to 13 justices, from nine.

The Supreme Court has had nine justices since the 19th century, though it is not required by the Constitution.

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, introduced legislation earlier this year that included a constitutional amendment to preserve the current number of sitting justices, as well as provisions prohibiting congress from passing legislation to expand the number.

Cruz first introduced that legislation in October, as some Democrats indicated an openness to expanding the size of the high court following the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Ginsburg’s vacancy was filled by Donald Trump-appointee Amy Coney Barrett, marking Trump’s third appointment to the Supreme Court. Justice Barrett also tilted the ideological power balance of the court in favor of conservatives 6 to 3.
Uhm first off, (Epstein Island) John Roberts "appointed by Establishment Progressive George Bush" is not a conservative so it is 5 to 4, if we are lucky. But remember what Darth Bader had said..

Democrats want to pick 4 more anti Republican Supreme Court Justices. I saw this a few minutes ago on Fox tv. What do you think?

foxnews.com
They're doing a six month study. It will never happen.
It should never happen. However, there should be some way to make right the seat Mitch McConnell stole from Obama. Republicans suck.

Alito and Thomas are up there in years, so it is possible those two seats flip before Biden leaves office...

There's already a topic that breaks the Clean Title rule ,but the mods don't care because attacking liberals cool. here you go.

You need a good ole fashion ass spanking tonight. But you might like it too much

foxnews.com
It should never happen. However, there should be some way to make right the seat Mitch McConnell stole from Obama. Republicans suck.
Don’t worry, you’ll soon love the idea of 13 justices
13? Let’s make it 20. Why 13? Racist!
What does the vaulted Constitution say about size of the court?
No idea. I am Not a constitutional expert. Hell make it 100. Let’s expand our Govt even more. I am agreeing with you.
Again you portray yourself as a strict constitutional republic and you don’t know what the document states?
I do? LOL show me where, filthy human. I portray Myself as a logical citizen. You believe men may identify as women. You failed basic biology.

foxnews.com

Alito and Thomas are up there in years, so it is possible those two seats flip before Biden leaves office...
Biden is up there in years....

foxnews.com

Stephen Breyer is 82.

That clean start thing was a momentary fad.

foxnews.com

Stephen Breyer is 82.

Yeah, but I am writing about Conservative Judges that could be replaced in the next two years and Thomas and Alito are the two if something were to happen to them...

Last edited:
I saw this a few minutes ago on Fox tv. What do you think?

foxnews.com

So...it must be true huh? :)
Wait, don't tell me, let me guess, Tucker?? :auiqs.jpg:
Remember, Fox News admitted in Court that no ”reasonable person” would believe anything that Tucker Carlson has to say.
It must not mean much. Mr. Carlson brings home the bacon to Foxnews along with Hannity, Ingraham, Levin, McEnanney, Bongino, Pirro, Rivera, Watters, et al.

foxnews.com

They're only in their early 70's, although I heard Thomas was beginning to make noises about retiring a few years ago.
Breyer, on the other hand, is one of those considered "liberal," and a lot of Dems want him to git while the getting's good, before the 2022 elections when the Republicans could retake the Senate and we end up with another RBG situation if he got ill.

foxnews.com

They're only in their early 70's, although I heard Thomas was beginning to make noises about retiring a few years ago.
Breyer, on the other hand, is one of those considered "liberal," and a lot of Dems want him to git while the getting's good, before the 2022 elections when the Republicans could retake the Senate and we end up with another RBG situation if he got ill.

If Biden get Reparations passed you can bet the House and Senate are gone in 2022 and any possible plans to do anything else will be DOA including Justices being appointed...

foxnews.com

Stephen Breyer is 82.

Yeah, but I am writing about Conservative Judges that could be replaced in the next two years and Thomas and Alito are the two of something were to happen to them...
And if they're as nonpartisan as they like to say they are, the balance of the Court won't affect their decisions. But we know it affected Ruth's and it probably is on the minds of all of them. They believe in their interpretations of the law and want to see it continued. That's not so strange, I guess.

foxnews.com

Stephen Breyer is 82.

Yeah, but I am writing about Conservative Judges that could be replaced in the next two years and Thomas and Alito are the two of something were to happen to them...
And if they're as nonpartisan as they like to say they are, the balance of the Court won't affect their decisions. But we know it affected Ruth's and it probably is on the minds of all of them. They believe in their interpretations of the law and want to see it continued. That's not so strange, I guess.

Roberts seem to be one who is not owned and swings on the big cases, but the three appointed by Trump are three that will live by their Conservative way of thinking...

foxnews.com

If Biden get Reparations passed you can bet the House and Senate are gone in 2022 and any possible plans to do anything else will be DOA including Justices being appointed...
Reparations? I hadn't heard that the House even approved the commission to study such a thing? (And all that budget stuff has to start in the House, doesn't it?) What have I missed?

foxnews.com

Stephen Breyer is 82.

Roberts seem to be one who is not owned and swings on the big cases, but the three appointed by Trump are three that will live by their Conservative way of thinking...
Agreed.

Forum List

Back