Democrats to propose legislation expanding the Supreme Court

Democrats want to pick 4 more anti Republican Supreme Court Justices. I saw this a few minutes ago on Fox tv. What do you think?

foxnews.com

FDR packed the court with lefty justices so he could get away with interning Americans in concentration camps and sending Jewish holocaust refugees back to Europe to be murdered.
Thank you, Marvin Martain. I pray President Roosevelt did not know at the time that there were gas showers in Nazi detainment camps. My mom said they didn't know of the mass murders until much later as the world war two dragged on.

Democrats want to pick 4 more anti Republican Supreme Court Justices. I saw this a few minutes ago on Fox tv. What do you think?

foxnews.com
They're doing a six month study. It will never happen.
It should never happen. However, there should be some way to make right the seat Mitch McConnell stole from Obama. Republicans suck.

Alito and Thomas are up there in years, so it is possible those two seats flip before Biden leaves office...
They're only in their early 70's, although I heard Thomas was beginning to make noises about retiring a few years ago.
Breyer, on the other hand, is one of those considered "liberal," and a lot of Dems want him to git while the getting's good, before the 2022 elections when the Republicans could retake the Senate and we end up with another RBG situation if he got ill.

If Biden get Reparations passed you can bet the House and Senate are gone in 2022 and any possible plans to do anything else will be DOA including Justices being appointed...
Reparations? I hadn't heard that the House even approved the commission to study such a thing? (And all that budget stuff has to start in the House, doesn't it?) What have I missed?

Just a lot of hot air for now but if by some miracle it happens you can kiss 2022 and 2024 goodbye and any possibility of replacing Thomas and Alito...

foxnews.com
It should never happen. However, there should be some way to make right the seat Mitch McConnell stole from Obama. Republicans suck.

Alito and Thomas are up there in years, so it is possible those two seats flip before Biden leaves office...
They're only in their early 70's, although I heard Thomas was beginning to make noises about retiring a few years ago.
Breyer, on the other hand, is one of those considered "liberal," and a lot of Dems want him to git while the getting's good, before the 2022 elections when the Republicans could retake the Senate and we end up with another RBG situation if he got ill.

If Biden get Reparations passed you can bet the House and Senate are gone in 2022 and any possible plans to do anything else will be DOA including Justices being appointed...
Reparations? I hadn't heard that the House even approved the commission to study such a thing? (And all that budget stuff has to start in the House, doesn't it?) What have I missed?

Just a lot of hot air for now but if by some miracle it happens you can kiss 2022 and 2024 goodbye and any possibility of replacing Thomas and Alito...
Don't pull a Tucker and get everyone shaking their pitchforks over nothing, Jack. It would take more than a common miracle to have any kind of reparations bill on the table.

I don't see this happening.

But I also don't see any Supreme Court nominations getting voted on unless the Senate is controlled by the same party as the President.
Yep. 100% partisan and it is happening, leftist. 20 Justices. Maybe 30. Why not? Expand the Govt!

I see very partisan Supreme Court nominations. But not stacking.
Anything is possible. The country is utterly divided.

foxnews.com

Well, the Supreme Court is chosen in a ridiculous manner.

It shouldn't be political at all.
If there was a way to have the appointments made by an apolitical group of judges and Constitutional scholars far removed from the power maneuvering in Washington by the two major parties, I would support it. In order not to need an Amendment, if there could be an agreement by all that the President would appoint someone from this group's list, it could work. But the parties are too power hungry, I'm afraid.

Yes, the only way to get real change is for the people to support Proportional Representation first. Without it, nothing will change. And even PR is an almost impossible one.

foxnews.com

If there was a way to have the appointments made by an apolitical group of judges and Constitutional scholars far removed from the power maneuvering in Washington by the two major parties, I would support it. In order not to need an Amendment, if there could be an agreement by all that the President would appoint someone from this group's list, it could work. But the parties are too power hungry, I'm afraid.

Yes, the only way to get real change is for the people to support Proportional Representation first. Without it, nothing will change. And even PR is an almost impossible one.
I never heard of it.

foxnews.com

I never heard of it.

And isn't that the problem? No one has ever heard of PR.

It's simple. Everyone gets one vote, their vote is equal to everyone else's vote in the country.

I don't see this happening.

But I also don't see any Supreme Court nominations getting voted on unless the Senate is controlled by the same party as the President.
Yep. 100% partisan and it is happening, leftist. 20 Justices. Maybe 30. Why not? Expand the Govt!

I see very partisan Supreme Court nominations. But not stacking.
Anything is possible. The country is utterly divided.

Indeed it is.

foxnews.com
Don’t worry, you’ll soon love the idea of 13 justices
13? Let’s make it 20. Why 13? Racist!
What does the vaulted Constitution say about size of the court?
No idea. I am Not a constitutional expert. Hell make it 100. Let’s expand our Govt even more. I am agreeing with you.
Again you portray yourself as a strict constitutional republic and you don’t know what the document states?
I do? LOL show me where, filthy human. I portray Myself as a logical citizen. You believe men may identify as women. You failed basic biology.
Really, logic and you are mutual exclusive.

In reality you're just some turd posting bullshit looking for another turd to like you.
^^^Triggered^^^ LOL

Try identifying as a man and see how that goes for you

foxnews.com

I never heard of it.

It's simple. Everyone gets one vote, their vote is equal to everyone else's vote in the country.
So no EC? I've certainly heard of that.

foxnews.com

I never heard of it.

Well, the EC is pointless in the modern era.

With the presidency you might have something like the French have, a run off system. Everyone votes for whoever they like in the first round and then between the two who got the most votes in a second round.

Or you could have an Alternative Voting system where people vote for multiple candidates. If their first candidate is out, then their second vote is counted, or their third or fourth.

Or the US could do away with a President in the current system and have the leader of the House as the head of the executive.

Personally I think there should be an executive with multiple members who deal with different issues. People can vote on different issues by electing different members of the executive.

foxnews.com
No, we don't. We want Bart O'kavenaugh removed for cause, and then you need to decide whether you wanna keep goresuch or barrett, because by your own reasoning one or the other is illegitimate.
You want get rid of a man who is a Republican who was lawfully appointed to the Supreme because President Trump deemed him to be the best candidate for a job in the Supreme Court? Sorry the Constitution was obeyed to the letter on this SCOTUS personnel decision.
Bart O'kavenaugh lied under oath. Instant disqualification.

And I notice you avoided the other point.

foxnews.com
No, we don't. We want Bart O'kavenaugh removed for cause, and then you need to decide whether you wanna keep goresuch or barrett, because by your own reasoning one or the other is illegitimate.
You want get rid of a man who is a Republican who was lawfully appointed to the Supreme because President Trump deemed him to be the best candidate for a job in the Supreme Court? Sorry the Constitution was obeyed to the letter on this SCOTUS personnel decision.
Crepitus is a stupid leftist. Who cares what the troll wants. He is 53 and acts 12. Sadly.
Just playing to my audience.

foxnews.com
Crepitus is a stupid leftist. Who cares what the troll wants. He is 53 and acts 12. Sadly.
Just playing to my audience.
No. You’re just an immature jackass.

foxnews.com

I never heard of it.

Well, the EC is pointless in the modern era.

With the presidency you might have something like the French have, a run off system. Everyone votes for whoever they like in the first round and then between the two who got the most votes in a second round.

Or you could have an Alternative Voting system where people vote for multiple candidates. If their first candidate is out, then their second vote is counted, or their third or fourth.

Or the US could do away with a President in the current system and have the leader of the House as the head of the executive.

Personally I think there should be an executive with multiple members who deal with different issues. People can vote on different issues by electing different members of the executive.
The Founding Fathers considered an Executive Committee but decided against it because of the inevitable disagreements that would ensue, making action more difficult. They wanted an overall manager, not ruler. The Executive has grown enormously in its power from what the FF envisioned.

I'm with you on ranked choice voting. It would allow the stranglehold on politics by the two major parties to be broken.

Forum List

Back