Democrats should pay all reparations because:

Democrats caused and fought for the south and slavery. Democrats started the civil war. Democrats founded the KKK. Democrats fought against desegregation and civil rights. Democrats are the bane of our existence.
The Democrats then, are the Republicans now.

Let the Republicans pay for it.
--------------------------------------------
Republicans tried to claim their political ancestors at the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night, casting back to Abraham Lincoln, the first Republican President, to argue they deserve more credit from Black voters.

The problem is that the Republicans and the politics of 1860 bear almost zero resemblance to the Republicans of today.

Back then, Republicans were, generally, a party of Northerners and Democrats were, generally, the party of the South.

Today, it’s pretty much the opposite.

Back then, a Republican President, Lincoln, tried to hold the union together after Southern states, led by Democrats, seceded.

The parties traded places​

Today, it’s a Republican President, Donald Trump, who has changed his allegiance to a Southern state, Florida, and is appealing to nostalgia for the Confederacy and stoking racial divisions, not trying to end them or get past them.

So it was factually true and sounded good in real time when Clarence Henderson, a Black man who marched for civil rights in the 1960s and now supports Trump, said this Wednesday night during the convention:

“I’m a Republican. And I support Donald Trump. If that sounds strange, you don’t know your history. It was the Republican Party that passed the 13th Amendment, abolishing slavery. It was the Republican Party that passed the 14th Amendment, giving Black men citizenship. It was the Republican Party that passed the 15th Amendment, giving Black men the right to vote. “

That’s true! But he missed the second part, about the fight over civil rights in the ’60s and the dramatic party realignment that’s happened since then.

It was George Wallace, a former Democrat and a segregationist, who won five Southern states in the 1968 presidential election.

It was Republicans like Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and now Trump who mainlined the fears of white working-class voters Wallace embodied.

It was Democratic presidents in the ’60s who enacted civil rights legislation. It’s Republicans trying to undo that now.

The linchpin moment of this realignment was the passage of the Civil Rights Act, which scrambled party allegiances and led Lyndon B. Johnson, the Democratic President from Texas (hard to imagine today), to lament that Democrats had given away the South for a generation.

That quote may be apocryphal, but it certainly feels true when you look at the electoral map, where the South is red and the Northeast and West Coast are blue.

(full article online)

Republicans tried to claim their political ancestors at the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night, casting back to Abraham Lincoln, the first Republican President, to argue they deserve more credit from Black voters.

The problem is that the Republicans and the politics of 1860 bear almost zero resemblance to the Republicans of today.

Back then, Republicans were, generally, a party of Northerners and Democrats were, generally, the party of the South.

Back then, a Republican President, Lincoln, tried to hold the union together after Southern states, led by Democrats, seceded.

Today, it’s a Republican President, Donald Trump, who has changed his allegiance to a Southern state, Florida, and is appealing to nostalgia for the Confederacy and stoking racial divisions, not trying to end them or get past them.

So it was factually true and sounded good in real time when Clarence Henderson, a Black man who marched for civil rights in the 1960s and now supports Trump, said this Wednesday night during the convention:

“I’m a Republican. And I support Donald Trump. If that sounds strange, you don’t know your history. It was the Republican Party that passed the 13th Amendment, abolishing slavery. It was the Republican Party that passed the 14th Amendment, giving Black men citizenship. It was the Republican Party that passed the 15th Amendment, giving Black men the right to vote. “

That’s true! But he missed the second part, about the fight over civil rights in the ’60s and the dramatic party realignment that’s happened since then.

It was George Wallace, a former Democrat and a segregationist, who won five Southern states in the 1968 presidential election.

It was Republicans like Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and now Trump who mainlined the fears of white working-class voters Wallace embodied.

It was Democratic presidents in the ’60s who enacted civil rights legislation. It’s Republicans trying to undo that now.

The linchpin moment of this realignment was the passage of the Civil Rights Act, which scrambled party allegiances and led Lyndon B. Johnson, the Democratic President from Texas (hard to imagine today), to lament that Democrats had given away the South for a generation.

That quote may be apocryphal, but it certainly feels true when you look at the electoral map, where the South is red and the Northeast and West Coast are blue.

(full article online)

Forget it. No Reparations. Go get a job.

(full article online)

The Republican Party was actually started by blacks, dumbass.

(full article online)

The "liberal switcheroo" is a lie and a myth. By the time LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act, most African-Americans were already Democrats, and had been for some time. That was more a consequence of the impact of the Great Depression and the appeal of FDR’s New Deal than it was a consequence of LBJ’s civil rights legislation.

Nor did white southern Democrats switch party affiliation to Republican in a fell swoop. Older white southern Democrats remained Democrats as a rule into the 80s and early 90s. Republicans did not win a majority of congressional seats in the South until as late as 1994.

And in case you had forgotten, the only region of the country that supported Republican nominee Barry Goldwater on election day was the Democrat-infested Deep South. Those same deep southern states did not vote for Richard Nixon in 1968.

Abraham Lincoln was a white Christian man. So were Generals Grant and Sherman.

I could be wrong, but none of them appeared to be Democrats except for Grant, who changed his party to Republican.
So you're saying that not all White, Christian men were pro-slavery racists but all Democrats were? Great grasp of reality you got there.

So you're saying that not all White, Christian men were pro-slavery racists but all Democrats were? Great grasp of reality you got there.

No matter how they prance around and pose, Democrats own America's history of slavery. They own the Civil War. They own Jim Crow Laws, poll taxes, the Ku Klux Klan, the lynchings, the whole enchilada. They started it, and they continued it up to and including the Civil Rights era of the 60's, when they voted against it.

They might make themselves out to be kinder, gentler racists now, but they still practice soft genocide with their abortions. massive ghettos in Democrat-ran urban shitholes, murderous ghetto culture promoted by the white liberal media in music and films, and cradle to grave soul-killing government entitlements.

The more things appeared to change, the more they've actually stayed the same. If you don't see this, it's because you took the blue pill instead of the red one, and washed it down with a copious amount of Kool-Aid.

True story, mang. If I'm lyin' I'm dyin'.

demanding_reparations_from_idiots_voting-2829847.jpg

Democrats caused and fought for the south and slavery. Democrats started the civil war. Democrats founded the KKK. Democrats fought against desegregation and civil rights. Democrats are the bane of our existence.

Democrats are the party of racism and they have been all through American history. Black Republicans learn that when Democrats continue to say blacks belong to them and personally attack any black who disagrees

That's just a lie. The Democrat party were the racists in the 50s. Then all you northern racists went to their party and they went nowhere, in the 60s. Then in the 80s, fiscal conservatives left for fiscal policy. Two decades later. And that's the lie you're peddling in this stupid post. Why did northern Democrats join the Democrat party in between in the 60s and 70s? That's the question. The answer, you're racists and you kept the Democrat party on that path. Again, no Democrat according to you is allowed to disagree with you ... TODAY ... Fucking racist bitch

I'd just settle for having them put everything back the way it was, before they fucked everything up. :laughing0301:

Democrats learned that voting for "anyone but Trump" may have a downside. Trump was a loose cannon, but his policies worked. If he just spent less money, he would have been pretty good

Democrats learned that voting for "anyone but Trump" may have a downside. Trump was a loose cannon, but his policies worked. If he just spent less money, he would have been pretty good

He was opinionated and he did have to spend some money. But up until the pandemic, he really didn't spend that much. The left doesn't take into account the fact that Trump had no alternative but to spend to keep this country together when we were attacked by the Chinese and their COVID virus. He actually handled the pandemic pretty well, if you discount the fact that his advisors gave him bad advice. And of course, the ones who really mishandled the pandemic, were those Democrat Mayors and Governors in those blue states.

And if you'll notice, Biden hasn't rolled back the Trump tax cuts. I wonder why? There are several other Trump-era regulations that Biden hasn't rolled back too, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

He was opinionated and he did have to spend some money. But up until the pandemic, he really didn't spend that much. The left doesn't take into account the fact that Trump had no alternative but to spend to keep this country together when we were attacked by the Chinese and their COVID virus. He actually handled the pandemic pretty well, if you discount the fact that his advisors gave him bad advice. And of course, the ones who really mishandled the pandemic, were those Democrat Mayors and Governors in those blue states.

And if you'll notice, Biden hasn't rolled back the Trump tax cuts. I wonder why? There are several other Trump-era regulations that Biden hasn't rolled back too, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

That isn't the way I remember it. I remember Trump signing a budget saying it should be like a trillion less and he's never do that again, then doing it three more times. We obviously agree on most things, but Trump never convinced me he was serious about deficits as you believe but just couldn't because of the Democrats. I think he just said that to appease his base and he really didn't care about spending

That isn't the way I remember it. I remember Trump signing a budget saying it should be like a trillion less and he's never do that again, then doing it three more times. We obviously agree on most things, but Trump never convinced me he was serious about deficits as you believe but just couldn't because of the Democrats. I think he just said that to appease his base and he really didn't care about spending

"It is worth keeping in mind that Congress – not the President – is primarily responsible for setting the federal budget and shaping federal tax and spending policy. While it is difficult for Congress to pass legislation without the President’s signature, it is impossible for the President to sign legislation without it passing both houses of Congress. Responsibility for the $4.7 trillion in new debt should therefore be shared between the President, the House, and the Senate – with nearly two-thirds of the legislation enacted on a bipartisan basis..."

President Trump has Signed $4.7 Trillion of Debt into Law | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

Forum List

Back