Democrats set to lose another Congressional seat (NY-9) to unknown Republican

I'm surprised the rightwing nuts around here aren't treating this as no big deal,

the way they did the Democratic wins in GOP districts NY 26 and NY 23.

Oh, okay, I lied, I'm not surprised.

You monkeys keep entertaining us!

I'm curious, Nycarbineer...how would you characterize what just happened? A Republican just won election in a district that hasn't gone Republican since 1923, that is 3/1 Democrat to Republican and where the Democrat had a sizable advantage in money by running against Barack Obama. You don't find that to be a "big deal" though?

I'm surprised the rightwing nuts around here aren't treating this as no big deal,

You apes are real entertaining, especially with all the lies every time you open your pie hole. Libtards are idiots.

Humm.. Ed Koch seems to think it's about the presdent:cool:

and anyone who votes against the jewish candidate who's supported israel his whole life in favor of a tea loon with no history on the subject is a brain dead ijit...

no matter what ed says.

I read Weprin's pro-choice stance didn't sit well with a lot of the Jewish community.... Especially the Orthodox...
Absolutely correct. It's a conservative Jewish district.

The RAMIFICATIONS of Weiner's Weiner.....
At least Democratic sex scandals are with the opposite sex - no built in hypocrisy.

This special election result is not the ramification of Weiner's amoral actions, but rather this administration's actions.

How can anyone argue that this is not a rebuke of Obama's pro-Palestinian policies. Nearly half, 40%, of the district is Jewish and has never been held by a Republican.

A Republican that ran against Obama's Israeli policy, as pro gun rights, anti gay marriage won a historical liberal district with a huge margin.

I love the deflection, so utterly typical.

UPDATE 4-Report: Number of US poor hit record 46 mln in 2010

* Poverty rate rose for third year to 15.1 percent

* Median income declined 2.3 percent (Adds background)
UPDATE 4-Report: Number of US poor hit record 46 mln in 2010 | Reuters

Sadly the report implies this:

Number of US poor hit record 46 mln in 2010...a record number of people who will become dependant on the government

Poverty rate rose for third year to 15.1 percent......for the third year, more people will become dependant upon the government

Those who say Obama's policies arent working are dead wrong.

Seems they are working just fine for him.

and anyone who votes against the jewish candidate who's supported israel his whole life in favor of a tea loon with no history on the subject is a brain dead ijit...

no matter what ed says.

I read Weprin's pro-choice stance didn't sit well with a lot of the Jewish community.... Especially the Orthodox...

Are you out of your mind? What exactly is conservative about this district? This is how you are going to justify this, that now the district is conservative.

This district gave America Charles E. Schumer and Anthony D. Weiner two of the most liberal, left leaning representative in the US Congress.

Now I could go down the voting records of the men this district elected, but let's skip that and let me assure you there isn't anything conservative about it.

So disingenuous.

no matter what ed says.

That voted for Anthony Weiner, noted conservative? You're killing me...

At least Democratic sex scandals are with the opposite sex - no built in hypocrisy.

<*cough*> McGreevy <*cough*>
What anti-Gay laws did McGreevy champion?

Like I said: no hypocrisy.

You are right. It's not like they are out there saying how moral they are, they are Democrats so no one expects them to have any character. So when they do something that everyone expects them to do there is no hypocrisy.

On the other hand Republicans are always droning on and on about ethics and morals, so it is hypocritical when they engage in sex scandals.

I guess that is why Democrats aren't into ethics and morals, so when they commit sex scandals they can't be accused of hypocrisy.

Great point, :razz:

no matter what ed says.

A conservative Jewish district that hasn't elected anything other than a Democratic - ever?

No, it's not a conservative Jewish district...

Are you out of your mind? What exactly is conservative about this district? This is how you are going to justify this, that now the district is conservative.

This district gave America Charles E. Schumer and Anthony D. Weiner two of the most liberal, left leaning representative in the US Congress.

That voted for Anthony Weiner, noted conservative? You're killing me...

I guess you boys didn't read the thread, and missed this:

There are too many wingnuts in this thread for me to read it, but this is the deal with NY9:

It has the largest population of Orthodox Jews in the country - very conservative, and they are basically one-issue voters: who is the most Pro-Israel?

A lot of smart political people thought that Weiner could have maybe re-won his seat if he had tried, because Anthony Weiner was THE most Pro-Israel member of Congress. That's a fact.

So, while it is generally a very Pro-Democratic district, if the Republican supports Israel more in his rhetoric, he will get that segment's votes, no matter his wingnut positions on every other issue.

I'm curious, Nycarbineer...how would you characterize what just happened? A Republican just won election in a district that hasn't gone Republican since 1923, that is 3/1 Democrat to Republican and where the Democrat had a sizable advantage in money by running against Barack Obama. You don't find that to be a "big deal" though?

It's called hope and change by the voters.

Well that's a fucking lie. The Hasidim lean a bit more conservative than their reformed Jewish brothers...but they're not only outnumbered, they're pretty much all registered Democrats! Registered Dems outnumber Republicans nearly 4 to 1 in the district. 4 to 1 and you call that a conservative district? Liar.

Forum List

Back