Democrats Plan to Legalize Marijuana in 2021

"Democratic Senate leadership has a plan to legalize marijuana at the federal level at some point this year.

In a joint statement released Monday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden and Senator Cory Booker detailed how the Democratic-controlled upper chamber will prioritize federal marijuana legalization in the new Congress. They plan to introduce legislation in the coming weeks designed to establish a taxed and regulated cannabis market."

More at the link...

Last congress, a bill to legalize marijuana actually passed the House. It never came to the floor of the Senate...

So far this year, Republican Gregory Steube of Florida has introduced a bill to reclassify marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III. It has zero cosponsors, so it probably won't go anywhere...

The question is, if/when this happens, will Biden sign it? I suspect he will, despite his previous opposition to legalization, because he is a puppet.

Whelp ---- once again Canada leads, the US follows. Eh?

That was theft not drug use, moron.

The IQ in the room drops again thanks to you.

It's all part of the drug trade, retard.

Cannabis is not a "drug", Pothead.

It's worth noting why I call this poster "Pothead", which has nothing to do with cannabis, but with his knee-jerkoff propensity to call anyone he takes issue with "Pol Pot". A mind about as wide as the gap on a tape recorder head.

Then he's got this shit:

Leave America to we Americans [sic].

I love the way Pothead sets up his sentence and suddenly chicanes to the nominative case where the construction calls for the objective. He must be stoned.

It would be nice if more people who like Canada's politics would emigrate from the US to our northern ally. :)

I'm curious though, what are some other examples where Canada leads and the US follows that you think are positive changes?

"Democratic Senate leadership has a plan to legalize marijuana at the federal level at some point this year.

In a joint statement released Monday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden and Senator Cory Booker detailed how the Democratic-controlled upper chamber will prioritize federal marijuana legalization in the new Congress. They plan to introduce legislation in the coming weeks designed to establish a taxed and regulated cannabis market."

More at the link...

Last congress, a bill to legalize marijuana actually passed the House. It never came to the floor of the Senate...

SHell far this year, Republican Gregory Steube of Florida has introduced a bill to reclassify marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III. It has zero cosponsors, so it probably won't go anywhere...

The question is, if/when this happens, will Biden sign it? I suspect he will, despite his previous opposition to legalization, because he is a puppet.
hell yah!!

It would be nice if more people who like Canada's politics would emigrate from the US to our northern ally. :)

I'm curious though, what are some other examples where Canada leads and the US follows that you think are positive changes?
Canada was ahead of us in recognizing same sex unions

More at the link...

So far this year, Republican Gregory Steube of Florida has introduced a bill to reclassify marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III. It has zero cosponsors, so it probably won't go anywhere...

This is actually the one thing I approve of the dems doing.

Whelp --- it didn't cave on the Bush/Cheney rush to invade Iraq, eh?

Okay technically that's a case of NOT following. But not following a negative does make a positive.

Then there's the metric system.

It's worth noting why I call this poster "Pothead", which has nothing to do with cannabis, but with his knee-jerkoff propensity to call anyone he takes issue with "Pol Pot". A mind about as wide as the gap on a tape recorder head.

Then he's got this shit:

I love the way Pothead sets up his sentence and suddenly chicanes to the nominative case where the construction calls for the objective. He must be stoned.

Poor Sluggo, can't wrap his 15 IQ points around yet another subject.

{ A drug is any substance that causes a change in an organism's physiology or psychology when consumed.[3][4] Drugs are typically distinguished from food and substances that provide nutritional support. Consumption of drugs can be via inhalation, injection, smoking, ingestion, absorption via a patch on the skin, suppository, or dissolution under the tongue. }

It's okay Sluggo, everyone here is already aware that you are really quite stupid.

Then he's got this shit:

{ A drug is any substance that causes a change in an organism's physiology or psychology when consumed.[3][4] Drugs are typically distinguished from food and substances that provide nutritional support. Consumption of drugs can be via inhalation, injection, smoking, ingestion, absorption via a patch on the skin, suppository, or dissolution under the tongue. }

It's okay Sluggo, everyone here is already aware that you are really quite stupid.

Hahaha

Cannabis is still a plant. It's one of the oldest cultivated crops we human have grown. It does contain several useful chemical compounds that our ancestors used.

Hahaha

Cannabis is still a plant. It's one of the oldest cultivated crops we human have grown. It does contain several useful chemical compounds that our ancestors used.

And?

It never should have been decreed illegal by the feds in the first place. It was an important agricultural crop with national security implications as WWII would show. But without consultation with the Farmers, the Feds stripped them of the right to grow Cannabis/Hemp and were overnight turned into felons. Until of course the feds needed it.

You people go watch "Reefer Madness" and then get back to us on the legalization idea.

If you drop some vitamin A and watch it backwards you'll see the Devil's secret message to you!

Seriously, anybody remember it being shown at the midnight movies?

I do.

It was a classic in the 70s.

We would sit in the theater, smoke pot, watch the movie and laugh our butts off at how stupid and ridiculous it was.

It never should have been decreed illegal by the feds in the first place. It was an important agricultural crop with national security implications as WWII would show. But without consultation with the Farmers, the Feds stripped them of the right to grow Cannabis/Hemp and were overnight turned into felons. Until of course the feds needed it.

None of that has anything to do with the fact that Pogo is an ignorant toad who shot his mouth off and yet again made a complete fool of himself.

Oh, and attempting to comingle marijuana with hemp is highly disingenuous. And as I have made clear in this thread, I support the full legalization of marijuana.

Then he's got this shit:

Drugs are MADE, Pothead. Cannabis is a PLANT. It comes from NATURE, not from a lab.

That's what it means to "we Americans" :lmao:

Did you mean "wee"?

None of that has anything to do with the fact that Pogo is an ignorant toad who shot his mouth off and yet again made a complete fool of himself.

Oh, and attempting to comingle marijuana with hemp is highly disingenuous. And as I have made clear in this thread, I support the full legalization of marijuana.

"Marijuana" is a nickname, stupid. You can't legalize a nickname. Which is good news for Pol Pot, who thus escapes association with your wangly ass. Meanwhile "hemp" and "marijuana" are both Cannabis, so there's no "comingling" needed. They're already commingled.

Then he's got this shit:

Drugs are MADE, Pothead. Cannabis is a PLANT. It comes from NATURE, not from a lab.

That's what it means to "we Americans" :lmao:

Did you mean "wee"?

Sluggo doubles down on dumbing down! :thup:

A "drug" is anything that changes the physiology or psychology of a living organism when ingested, you drooling retard.

You should have stuck it out through 3rd grade.

Oh, and attempting to comingle marijuana with hemp is highly disingenuous.

Thanks for pointing that out. That was one of the problems with the unconstitutional Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 and why Hemp farmers were put out of business and arrested. But, fact is hemp is cannabis.

Then he's got this shit:

I think THC is a naturally-occurring drug, like these, and Uncensored gave you the definition...
Opium poppy
Alcohol (fermented fruit)
Coca leaves
Ephedra sinica bush (Sudafed, meth)
Psilocybin mushroom
Willow bark (aspirin)
Sassafras root (ecstasy)
Penicillium mold

"Marijuana" is a nickname, stupid. You can't legalize a nickname. Which is good news for Pol Pot, who thus escapes association with your wangly ass. Meanwhile "hemp" and "marijuana" are both Cannabis, so there's no "comingling" needed. They're already commingled.

Wow, just when we thought Sluggo couldn't be any dumber! :thup:

{ Marijuana, also spelled marihuana, crude drug composed of the leaves and flowers of plants in the genus Cannabis. The term marijuana is sometimes used interchangeably with cannabis; however, the latter refers specifically to the plant genus, which comprises C. sativa and, by some classifications, C. indica and C. ruderalis. }

Does it hurt to be that stupid? I mean, actual, physical pain? Do you wear a helmet when walking for those inevitable mishaps with trees, walls, and fire hydrants?

Then he's got this shit:

I think THC is a naturally-occurring drug, like these, and Uncensored gave you the definition...
Opium poppy
Alcohol (fermented fruit)
Coca leaves
Ephedra sinica bush (Sudafed, meth)
Psilocybin mushroom
Willow bark (aspirin)
Sassafras root (ecstasy)
Penicillium mold

He posted a Wiki page.
The above are natural substances. They're not made by some drug company in a lab. Those labs DO make copycat substances when they can --- THOSE are drugs.

Forum List

Back