Democrats Plan to Legalize Marijuana in 2021

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
"Democratic Senate leadership has a plan to legalize marijuana at the federal level at some point this year.

In a joint statement released Monday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden and Senator Cory Booker detailed how the Democratic-controlled upper chamber will prioritize federal marijuana legalization in the new Congress. They plan to introduce legislation in the coming weeks designed to establish a taxed and regulated cannabis market."

More at the link...

Last congress, a bill to legalize marijuana actually passed the House. It never came to the floor of the Senate...

So far this year, Republican Gregory Steube of Florida has introduced a bill to reclassify marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III. It has zero cosponsors, so it probably won't go anywhere...

The question is, if/when this happens, will Biden sign it? I suspect he will, despite his previous opposition to legalization, because he is a puppet.

"Democratic Senate leadership has a plan to legalize marijuana at the federal level at some point this year.

In a joint statement released Monday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden and Senator Cory Booker detailed how the Democratic-controlled upper chamber will prioritize federal marijuana legalization in the new Congress. They plan to introduce legislation in the coming weeks designed to establish a taxed and regulated cannabis market."

More at the link...

Last congress, a bill to legalize marijuana actually passed the House. It never came to the floor of the Senate...

So far this year, Republican Gregory Steube of Florida has introduced a bill to reclassify marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III. It has zero cosponsors, so it probably won't go anywhere...

The question is, if/when this happens, will Biden sign it? I suspect he will, despite his previous opposition to legalization, because he is a puppet.

we have a choice here,
either we continue to hunt down and jail or kill people for doing something to their own body or we legalize it and let people be free and those that need help are not afraid to ask for it,,

the latter would be far cheaper and lean on the side of freedom,,,

More at the link...

Or he will do what the majority wants.

I'm sure the Bible-belching conservatives will recoil in horror, but the truth is, marijuana is a far better, and safer, alternative to alcohol.

Minorities have always been most impacted by marijuana laws, ruining far too many lives for nothing. This is the first step, the next would be expungement.
I a Christian conservative and I think Marijuana should've been legal years ago.

This looks great on the surface but why not simply legalize it? Basically they are saying that they will legalize it as long as they can tax it also.

More at the link...

we have a choice here,
either we continue to hunt down and jail or kill people for doing something to their own body or we legalize it and let people be free and those that need help are not afraid to ask for it,,

the latter would be far cheaper and lean on the side of freedom,,,
If the states want to regulate it they still can but I'll bet that they jump on the gravy train like gambling.

More at the link...

No, he is no more of a puppet than Trump and McConnell which wanted to suppress MJ legalization and keep people as criminals unjustly.

More at the link...

Or he will do what the majority wants.
The majority wanted and voted for Trump.

More at the link...

The people want it....and why not? Another revenue stream would be welcome, i think.

Another thought.

Even if the Fed legalizes it, in states where it is currently illegal, it would stay illegal without action from state legislatures to change their own existing laws on the books.

Similar to how the Fed has no national speed limit, nor outright semi-auto weapons ban, nor abortion ban, but lots of localities restrict these things.

Forum List

Back