Democrats Plan to Legalize Marijuana in 2021

"Democratic Senate leadership has a plan to legalize marijuana at the federal level at some point this year.

In a joint statement released Monday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden and Senator Cory Booker detailed how the Democratic-controlled upper chamber will prioritize federal marijuana legalization in the new Congress. They plan to introduce legislation in the coming weeks designed to establish a taxed and regulated cannabis market."

More at the link...

Last congress, a bill to legalize marijuana actually passed the House. It never came to the floor of the Senate...

So far this year, Republican Gregory Steube of Florida has introduced a bill to reclassify marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III. It has zero cosponsors, so it probably won't go anywhere...

The question is, if/when this happens, will Biden sign it? I suspect he will, despite his previous opposition to legalization, because he is a puppet.
Or he will do what the majority wants.
The majority wanted and voted for Trump.
Bullshit. Quit lying.

"Democratic Senate leadership has a plan to legalize marijuana at the federal level at some point this year.

In a joint statement released Monday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden and Senator Cory Booker detailed how the Democratic-controlled upper chamber will prioritize federal marijuana legalization in the new Congress. They plan to introduce legislation in the coming weeks designed to establish a taxed and regulated cannabis market."

More at the link...

Last congress, a bill to legalize marijuana actually passed the House. It never came to the floor of the Senate...

So far this year, Republican Gregory Steube of Florida has introduced a bill to reclassify marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III. It has zero cosponsors, so it probably won't go anywhere...

The question is, if/when this happens, will Biden sign it? I suspect he will, despite his previous opposition to legalization, because he is a puppet.
Or he will do what the majority wants.
The majority wanted and voted for Trump.
Bullshit. Quit lying.
You are doing the lying. There was massive fraud. Your lies will never change that fact.

More at the link...

we have a choice here,
either we continue to hunt down and jail or kill people for doing something to their own body or we legalize it and let people be free and those that need help are not afraid to ask for it,,

the latter would be far cheaper and lean on the side of freedom,,,
If the states want to regulate it they still can but I'll bet that they jump on the gravy train like gambling.

they cant if the feds say its illegal,, fed law overrides state law,,

of course I think the feds dont have that authority and neither do the states,,, its a plant not a manufactured drug,,,

I'm sure the Bible-belching conservatives will recoil in horror, but the truth is, marijuana is a far better, and safer, alternative to alcohol.

Minorities have always been most impacted by marijuana laws, ruining far too many lives for nothing. This is the first step, the next would be expungement.
I a Christian conservative and I think Marijuana should've been legal years ago.

That's great to hear, and it's a reminder that over 70% of Americans think it should be legalized, including you! :clap2:

More at the link...

I'd be for Legalizing Grass, as long as it wasn't used as an excuse to expand government employment, regulation and new taxes.

A "Clean" legal dope bill which would allow Walmart, Costco, CVS, whomever, to just sell it in their stores, subject to the same sales and mercantile levies that other lines are subject to.

More at the link...

The people want it....and why not? Another revenue stream would be welcome, i think.
Banking is the key.

More at the link...

we have a choice here,
either we continue to hunt down and jail or kill people for doing something to their own body or we legalize it and let people be free and those that need help are not afraid to ask for it,,

It's a valid point, but decriminalization, as opposed to legalization, would accomplish your first point about not hunting people down and jailing them anymore.

There are also the real problem drugs like heroin, opioids, and meth.

More at the link...

we have a choice here,

If the states want to regulate it they still can but I'll bet that they jump on the gravy train like gambling.

they cant if the feds say its illegal,, fed law overrides state law,,

of course I think the feds dont have that authority and neither do the states,,, its a plant not a manufactured drug,,,
They don't fly the spotter planes, choppers and droids all season anymore like they used to.

More at the link...

we have a choice here,

It's a valid point, but decriminalization, as opposed to legalization, would accomplish your first point about not hunting people down and jailing them anymore.

There are also the real problem drugs like heroin, opioids, and meth.

theres problems with many things,, but at the end of the day we have to decide,, do we as a collective decide what an individual can do or not do to their own body???

I am looking forward to not being a prisoner of the Drug War.

I support legalization.

But you are the poster child for the deleterious effects it has on cognitive function.
I am, weeeeell doogies, that means I am still way ahead of yous in mentally abilities...

Such a flaccid attempt which
1613680472918.png

I'm sure the Bible-belching conservatives will recoil in horror, but the truth is, marijuana is a far better, and safer, alternative to alcohol.

Minorities have always been most impacted by marijuana laws, ruining far too many lives for nothing. This is the first step, the next would be expungement.
I a Christian conservative and I think Marijuana should've been legal years ago.

That's great to hear, and it's a reminder that over 70% of Americans think it should be legalized, including you! :clap2:

70% of Americans CAN BE WRONG!
70% is the same # that were loyalists during the Revolutionary War!!

Forum List

Back