Democrats Plan to Legalize Marijuana in 2021

We have been on the road to legalizing for a very long time. You can post the down sides. The up sides will be saving billions on prisons & drug busts & ruining young life's with criminal history's for brief interludes in drug use.

"Democratic Senate leadership has a plan to legalize marijuana at the federal level at some point this year.

In a joint statement released Monday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden and Senator Cory Booker detailed how the Democratic-controlled upper chamber will prioritize federal marijuana legalization in the new Congress. They plan to introduce legislation in the coming weeks designed to establish a taxed and regulated cannabis market."

More at the link...

Last congress, a bill to legalize marijuana actually passed the House. It never came to the floor of the Senate...

So far this year, Republican Gregory Steube of Florida has introduced a bill to reclassify marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III. It has zero cosponsors, so it probably won't go anywhere...

The question is, if/when this happens, will Biden sign it? I suspect he will, despite his previous opposition to legalization, because he is a puppet.

we have a choice here,
either we continue to hunt down and jail or kill people for doing something to their own body or we legalize it and let people be free and those that need help are not afraid to ask for it,,

the latter would be far cheaper and lean on the side of freedom,,,
If the states want to regulate it they still can but I'll bet that they jump on the gravy train like gambling.

they cant if the feds say its illegal,, fed law overrides state law,,

of course I think the feds dont have that authority and neither do the states,,, its a plant not a manufactured drug,,,
They don't fly the spotter planes, choppers and droids all season anymore like they used to.
FUCK OFF TROLL,,,,

"Democratic Senate leadership has a plan to legalize marijuana at the federal level at some point this year.

In a joint statement released Monday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden and Senator Cory Booker detailed how the Democratic-controlled upper chamber will prioritize federal marijuana legalization in the new Congress. They plan to introduce legislation in the coming weeks designed to establish a taxed and regulated cannabis market."

More at the link...

Last congress, a bill to legalize marijuana actually passed the House. It never came to the floor of the Senate...

So far this year, Republican Gregory Steube of Florida has introduced a bill to reclassify marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III. It has zero cosponsors, so it probably won't go anywhere...

The question is, if/when this happens, will Biden sign it? I suspect he will, despite his previous opposition to legalization, because he is a puppet.
The people want it....and why not? Another revenue stream would be welcome, i think.
Banking is the key.

If it's legal, it makes this legitimate, instead of being a cash only enterprise. It's legal in Illinois, quite popular, and they have opened up numerous cannabis shops where I live. I can't indulge, I could lose my job, but have no problem with those who do, and probably would if I could. I've heard these shops cannot directly deposit their receipts because banks know it's illegal federally and want to avoid being charged with laundering so how in the hell this money gets to the bank I have no idea, perhaps they go to credit unions that are not backed by the Federal government? Bitcoin? I don't really know.

This looks great on the surface but why not simply legalize it? Basically they are saying that they will legalize it as long as they can tax it also.
They have to regulate it, because they are regulators, and that's what they like to do. :)

They will use the story of keeping it safe for everyone, while in reality, they want the tax revenue, as it is a cash cow. They will get millions of new revenue, by simply passing a bill.

They will probably also somehow find a way to make sure that "minority owned businesses" are prioritized, as some kind of illegal reparations.

More at the link...

And appropriately so.

Decriminalizing marijuana at the Federal level is long overdue.

Today's politicians can't do a damned thing about the problems that future generations face but they can at least kill reefer madness in the criminal justice system. I personally cannot wait for the day I can take a puff right in front of a cop. .

I don't smoke pot and never have, but I support decriminalisation.
Pull the rug from under the Chinx and Vietnamese illegal growers.
Besides, by the time this is legislated you won't be able to smoke anywhere beyond your garage, as the anti tobacco legislation is ramping up.
In fact, Dems are that stupid they will probably legalise pot and ban the sale of tobacco on the same day.

Today's politicians can't do a damned thing about the problems that future generations face but they can at least kill reefer madness in the criminal justice system. I personally cannot wait for the day I can take a puff right in front of a cop. .

Continued proof that your priorities are all F'ed up! Thanks for the confirmation.

More at the link...

we have a choice here,
either we continue to hunt down and jail or kill people for doing something to their own body or we legalize it and let people be free and those that need help are not afraid to ask for it,,

the latter would be far cheaper and lean on the side of freedom,,,
If the states want to regulate it they still can but I'll bet that they jump on the gravy train like gambling.

they cant if the feds say its illegal,, fed law overrides state law,,

of course I think the feds dont have that authority and neither do the states,,, its a plant not a manufactured drug,,,
I think you are mistaken.

I gave examples. What the fed will do is remove it from the controlled substances list. That will not restrict it by the Fed any longer, but state restrictions will still be in place, without action.

Legislation rarely prescribes what is legal; it prescribes what is illegal.

Last edited:

More at the link...

It's the only way they can convince people that an ice age can be created by global warming and that destroying an industries jobs creates more jobs.
images-18.jpg

I don't smoke pot and never have, but I support decriminalisation.
Pull the rug from under the Chinx and Vietnamese illegal growers.
Besides, by the time this is legislated you won't be able to smoke anywhere beyond your garage, as the anti tobacco legislation is ramping up.
In fact, Dems are that stupid they will probably legalise pot and ban the sale of tobacco on the same day.
I wished we got Vietnam stuff like in the 1970's. I also wished that blonde Lebanese hash was still around...

Forum List

Back