Democrats Plan to Legalize Marijuana in 2021

That is actually the point of drug testing, not to catch people using drugs but to deter people from doing so in fear they will get caught.

Many major drug testing programs don't even test all the samples taken, it is cheaper to collect 100 samples and then test 10 and you get virtually all of the deterrence of testing them all.
We have to test 50% of the workers throughout the year. We are only allowed to test those that come up for a random unless we have probable cause. It isn’t an issue with our company.

It being illegal and unregulated isn't working. I'm certainly willing to try another way. Start with decriminalization and see where it goes.

I thought you were conservative, but you want big daddy government enforcing morals?
The truth is that most conservatives want government to enforce morality as much as most democrats do - just different morality. They are generally not very gun-shy about it either. I did a thread here a long while ago asking that very question and it seems everyone is looking for big daddy government to enforce what they think is the moral way to be.

It is why I cannot call myself a conservative or a republican, the mantra of small government is a direct lie. the government has no damn business in determining what is moral, only in safeguarding our rights so that we, as individuals, have the freedom to seek out morality and the life we want to live.

I did not assert society = government. As you know, all civilized societies have a government which makes laws.

Of course you equated society with government.

"Things that are dangerous or generally considered to be bad for society are frequently regulated, taxed, banned, etc."

You said "society" is regulating those things as a justification for government regulating them. That is clearly equating them.

I gotta tell you, I have not seen any common sense AT ALL from government that makes them either an accurate reflection of society or even to have basic common sense. I don't see any evidence that government cares about your or my interest at all, only their own.

You seriously want to empower government to decide society thinks you should do and not do with your own body and put you in jail if you don't follow their rules? You really don't see any downside in that?

So if government can decide you are not allowed to decide what drugs to put in your own body, can they decide you aren't giving enough money to charity? And they get to decide that charity is redistributing money to people for not working and to bad governments? Can they decide your kids need to get explicit sex education because it's "dangerous" to have them not know those things and it's up to them?

No, leaving it up to government to decide what society things is a very, very bad idea

I doubt you are in favor of legalizing all of the following:

Fentanyl, meth, heroin, drunk driving, driving without insurance, grenade launcher ownership, no speed limits, practicing medicine or designing bridges without proper qualifications , anarchy.

Should be legal: Fentanyl, meth, heroin

- I don't equate "legal" with "should do it." We need to deal with these problems, but no one doesn't do them because they are illegal and throwing them in prison is a terrible solution​

Should be legal: grenade launcher ownership

- That they are legal doesn't mean government has to provide you with them​

Should be legal but: practicing medicine

- You should not be able to represent yourself as having a license if you don't. But sure, if you want to treat a willing adult patient who knows what your qualifications are and aren't, why should government be able to stop you?​

Not legal: driving without insurance, no speed limits drunk driving

- Should not be legal on public roads. Should be legal on your own property. Government is empowered to build public roads. With that goes regulating them​

I don't really know what you're asking me here:

- designing bridges without proper qualifications , anarchy​

>I thought you were conservative, but you want big daddy government enforcing morals?

LOL. I am so Conservative that I don't want whores walking the street in my community.

It's your community zoned residential? Ironically they are more likely to do it now because it's illegal and unregulated.

I spent a lot of time working in the Netherlands. Legalizing prostitution greatly reduced crime, drugs and the spread of diseases. They don't need to illegally walk streets when they can stay in areas it's legal

LOL. I like the leftists in this thread arguing that conservatives have a double standard because don't conservatives support small government? It's true, but they support government using force to make our decisions all the time. They are arguing the hypocrisy angle, and don't see they have the same hypocrisy in reverse.

Libertarians have no hypocrisy in this. We support small government all the time

Then legalize it. I don't think you thought that one through very far.
Um, if you legalize it, you get more of it. It's universally true.

Talk about not thinking things through.

No risk of the whores walking the streets to get arrested means more whores, Right, Seawytch?

No risk of the whores walking the streets to get arrested means more whores, Right, Seawytch?
Wouldn't you regulate those kind of adult businesses to certain areas?

The truth is that most conservatives want government to enforce morality as much as most democrats do - just different morality. They are generally not very gun-shy about it either. I did a thread here a long while ago asking that very question and it seems everyone is looking for big daddy government to enforce what they think is the moral way to be.

It is why I cannot call myself a conservative or a republican, the mantra of small government is a direct lie. the government has no damn business in determining what is moral, only in safeguarding our rights so that we, as individuals, have the freedom to seek out morality and the life we want to live.

The French 'Rights of Man' basically said that people should be free to do whatever they want unless it infringed on another person's rights.

Too bad we haven't followed that philosophy...damn religious nuts!!!

LOL. I like the leftists in this thread arguing that conservatives have a double standard because don't conservatives support small government? It's true, but they support government using force to make our decisions all the time. They are arguing the hypocrisy angle, and don't see they have the same hypocrisy in reverse.

Libertarians have no hypocrisy in this. We support small government all the time

Small Government? Does that mean only midgets can hold office?

2021 is half over. What are they waiting for?
They are waiting for your input. Literally. See post 309, including the linked PDF...

The Sponsoring Offices request comments from stakeholders and members of the public, including social and criminal justice advocates, industry stakeholders, members of the public health and law enforcement communities, members of Congress, federal officials, state and local officials, and others for review and comment.

Comments are requested by September 1st. They can be submitted to [email protected] .

The French 'Rights of Man' basically said that people should be free to do whatever they want unless it infringed on another person's rights.

Too bad we haven't followed that philosophy...damn religious nuts!!!
'Religious nuts' have little to do with it. Both sides and both irreligious and religious are regularly trying to mandate the everyone else do as they see fit rather than those individuals deciding for themselves.

Getting more of it and increasing the harm from it are two different things. Legalizing it tends to reduce the harmful effects because illegal's activities persist but are driven underground where they are inherently more dangerous.

Speaking directly to streetwalkers, no you would get a LOT less of that because such businesses would be regulated to eliminate that practice. With legal options available the business will naturally go there. I can easily find someone selling drugs on the side of the road, never once seen anyone selling booze there.

Forum List

Back