Democrats Plan to Legalize Marijuana in 2021

Go Dems go!

Good Easy Cheap Weed Forever

1626649535343.png

They sell their bodies to complete strangers. It's absolutely disgusting.

Prostitution contributes to the objectification of women.

Thank you Jesus for proving us with government to point guns at people and force us to be moral.

I gotta tell you Chief. It's not just that I don't trust Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and the Democrat gang to dictate morality to us, I have no more faith in Republican politicians to do it either.

Instead of running to government and asking them to aim guns at people and force them to be moral, maybe you should find a church and do it yourself

Go fuck yourself.

Asshole.
I thought it was funny and sincere at the same time. You went from tough guy talk to really soft in one two posts. Wow.

I'm married too. I love my wife. To each, their own.

Your thread says to ask your politician. A different thing entirely.

Asking your wife makes a lot more sense. That that isn't what your thread is about. It's about government deciding
Point taken, but just because the thread is about government control of one thing doesn't mean it applies to all things. Things have pros and cons. Things that are dangerous or generally considered to be bad for society are frequently regulated, taxed, banned, etc.

Point taken, but just because the thread is about government control of one thing doesn't mean it applies to all things. Things have pros and cons. Things that are dangerous or generally considered to be bad for society are frequently regulated, taxed, banned, etc.

Yes, I did realize it switched from pot to prostitution, but I assumed the point was the same. My answer is the same.

I can't wrap my head around your assertion that society = government. I don't believe or see it that way at all. Society is represented by bureaucrats and politicians? Nope, don't agree

Cannabis is stupid, legal or not.

That doesn't dispute what I said.

Though having cancer I can tell you I don't agree. I smoked it as a teenager growing up in Michigan in the 70s. kaz is short for Kalamazoo, Michigan. My home town. I didn't smoke it for 40 years. But now it certainly helps with the symptoms with the fewest side effects.

I realize that is probably not what you meant

That doesn't dispute what I said.

Though having cancer I can tell you I don't agree. I smoked it as a teenager growing up in Michigan in the 70s. kaz is short for Kalamazoo, Michigan. My home town. I didn't smoke it for 40 years. But now it certainly helps with the symptoms with the fewest side effects.

I realize that is probably not what you meant
You fell victim to the reification of cannabis while simultaneously mutating your preception. In reality, you didn’t need the cannabis, because other plant compounds can accomplish the same results. Profits were the reason it was reified.

You fell victim to the reification of cannabis while simultaneously mutating your preception. In reality, you didn’t need the cannabis, because other plant compounds can accomplish the same results. Profits were the reason it was reified.

What a load of bull. It greatly eases my symptoms with very minimal side effects. If you get cancer and prefer to have the side effects, it's your choice. I have a medical marijuana card, it's perfectly legal. I don't even get what you think you're arguing. You're against prescriptions too? Are you a Christian Scientist and you just believe it's all up to God?

>All of which can be mitigated by decriminalization and regulation.

That's arguable...

"The results of this review call into question the claims that the decriminalization of prostitution reduced rape and sexually transmitted disease."

"Germany passed a law that mandated sex workers be treated like workers in any other industry, which allows them to sue for better wages and have full access to health insurance, pensions and other benefits. But today, abuse and sex trafficking remain serious problems in Germany. The flood of sex workers has driven down wages and decreased working standards."

"Prostituted persons are mostly women and face exceptional risks of murder7 and violence at the hands of male sex buyers... This remains true even in areas where prostitution is legal or decriminalized.9..... Legalization or decriminalization increases human and sex trafficking.... Evaluations have found that regulation of prostitution creates a façade of legitimacy that hides sexual exploitation, and that brothels can “function as legalized outlets for victims of sex trafficking.”26

"“Behind the facade of a regulated industry, brothel prostitutes in Nevada are captive in conditions analogous to slavery. Women often are procured for the brothels from other areas by pimps who dump them at the house in order to collect the referral fee. Women report working in shifts commonly as long as 12 hours, even when ill, menstruating or pregnant, with no right to refuse a customer who has requested them or to refuse the sexual act for which he has paid. The dozen or so prostitutes I interviewed said they are expected to pay the brothel room and board and a percentage of their earnings — sometimes up to 50 percent. They also must pay for mandatory extras such as medical exams, assigned clothing and fines incurred for breaking house rules. And, contrary to the common claim that the brothel will protect women from the dangerous, crazy clients on the streets, rapes and assaults by customers are covered up by the management.”

Legalizing prostitution will result in more of it (the same is true for drugs and abortion). If it is undesirable for society, perhaps it should stay illegal.
It being illegal and unregulated isn't working. I'm certainly willing to try another way. Start with decriminalization and see where it goes.

I thought you were conservative, but you want big daddy government enforcing morals?

Yes, I did realize it switched from pot to prostitution, but I assumed the point was the same. My answer is the same.

I can't wrap my head around your assertion that society = government. I don't believe or see it that way at all. Society is represented by bureaucrats and politicians? Nope, don't agree
I did not assert society = government. As you know, all civilized societies have a government which makes laws.

I doubt you are in favor of legalizing all of the following:

Fentanyl, meth, heroin, drunk driving, driving without insurance, grenade launcher ownership, no speed limits, practicing medicine or designing bridges without proper qualifications , anarchy.

It being illegal and unregulated isn't working. I'm certainly willing to try another way. Start with decriminalization and see where it goes.

I thought you were conservative, but you want big daddy government enforcing morals?

>I thought you were conservative, but you want big daddy government enforcing morals?

LOL. I am so Conservative that I don't want whores walking the street in my community.

Forum List

Back