Democrats Plan to Legalize Marijuana in 2021

My daughter has an opioid addiction which led to other drugs. She has be clean for three years and she uses edibles to control her pain. I’d rather have that then what we went through a few years back not knowing whether the cops would be knocking at our door or not.
Best wishes for success.

I saw this the other day...

Yes, and? It is the American way. We should be doing the same with prostitution.
And now the liberals show how immoral they really are.
Please, by all means, explain what is immoral about wanting to decriminalize and regulate the oldest profession in the world? I want these women to be safe and have access to quality healthcare. I want them to be able to get benefits and safety standards in their workplace. Tell me what's "immoral" about that?

The issue is freaking crazy. You can't smoke a cigarette anywhere in the Big Apple without risking a $250 fine but you can smoke a freaking joint. Second hand cigarette smoke is alleged to be cancer causing but there are no statistics on marijuana smoke. Lefties want to outlaw a legal substance while legalizing a more potent drug. WTF is going on?
Interesting tidbit from Virginia, which legalized recreational marijuana yesterday...

"Lets say I was walking down main street of Marion and saw three 20-year-olds," Clair said. "One has a beer, one has a cigarette and one is smoking marijuana. The kid with a beer is guilty with a class one misdemeanor. The kid smoking a cigarette is guilty of a civil penalty up to $100. The kid smoking marijuana is guilty of a civil penalty of $25. That's an inconsistent message to send to the youth of the Commonwealth."
Both my kids got their medical cards at 18. In California you can get medical at 18, recreational at 21. It's medication which is not the same as alcohol or cigarettes.

Please, by all means, explain what is immoral about wanting to decriminalize and regulate the oldest profession in the world? I want these women to be safe and have access to quality healthcare. I want them to be able to get benefits and safety standards in their workplace. Tell me what's "immoral" about that?
They sell their bodies to complete strangers. It's absolutely disgusting.

Prostitution contributes to the objectification of women.

Many get abused.. Prostitution Normalizes Violence: Sexual violence and physical assault are the norm for women in legal prostitution. A Dutch study states that 60% of women in legal prostitution were physically assaulted, 70% were threatened with physical assault, and 40% had been coerced into legal prostitution.

Then there is disease including AIDS, unwanted pregnancies, abortions, bringing shady characters to localities which permit it, and legalizing it results in more of it, and all of these negative effects.

But I'll admit that it paid off pretty well for Kamala Harris.

Yes, and? It is the American way. We should be doing the same with prostitution.
Morality does not come from the government and cannot be mandated by it.

One of the core failings with current political parties is that they think it can and should be the government's job to dictate morality.

Many get abused.. Prostitution Normalizes Violence: Sexual violence and physical assault are the norm for women in legal prostitution. A Dutch study states that 60% of women in legal prostitution were physically assaulted, 70% were threatened with physical assault, and 40% had been coerced into legal prostitution.

Then there is disease including AIDS, unwanted pregnancies, abortions, bringing shady characters to localities which permit it, and legalizing it results in more of it, and all of these negative effects.

Yes, it is inherent in the very nature of freedom that you can make bad decisions.

That is the price of freedom.

All of which can be mitigated by decriminalization and regulation.

Actually, it is Trump that has the most prostitute experience...

Our company does have a random drug testing program because we are federally regulated to have one.

I am sure some companies will always have testing.
As long as the feds mandate it. In all the years we have been forced to drug test we have had no positive tests.
That is actually the point of drug testing, not to catch people using drugs but to deter people from doing so in fear they will get caught.

Many major drug testing programs don't even test all the samples taken, it is cheaper to collect 100 samples and then test 10 and you get virtually all of the deterrence of testing them all.

All of which can be mitigated by decriminalization and regulation.

Actually, it is Trump that has the most prostitute experience...
>All of which can be mitigated by decriminalization and regulation.

That's arguable...

"The results of this review call into question the claims that the decriminalization of prostitution reduced rape and sexually transmitted disease."

"Germany passed a law that mandated sex workers be treated like workers in any other industry, which allows them to sue for better wages and have full access to health insurance, pensions and other benefits. But today, abuse and sex trafficking remain serious problems in Germany. The flood of sex workers has driven down wages and decreased working standards."

"Prostituted persons are mostly women and face exceptional risks of murder7 and violence at the hands of male sex buyers... This remains true even in areas where prostitution is legal or decriminalized.9..... Legalization or decriminalization increases human and sex trafficking.... Evaluations have found that regulation of prostitution creates a façade of legitimacy that hides sexual exploitation, and that brothels can “function as legalized outlets for victims of sex trafficking.”26

"“Behind the facade of a regulated industry, brothel prostitutes in Nevada are captive in conditions analogous to slavery. Women often are procured for the brothels from other areas by pimps who dump them at the house in order to collect the referral fee. Women report working in shifts commonly as long as 12 hours, even when ill, menstruating or pregnant, with no right to refuse a customer who has requested them or to refuse the sexual act for which he has paid. The dozen or so prostitutes I interviewed said they are expected to pay the brothel room and board and a percentage of their earnings — sometimes up to 50 percent. They also must pay for mandatory extras such as medical exams, assigned clothing and fines incurred for breaking house rules. And, contrary to the common claim that the brothel will protect women from the dangerous, crazy clients on the streets, rapes and assaults by customers are covered up by the management.”

Legalizing prostitution will result in more of it (the same is true for drugs and abortion). If it is undesirable for society, perhaps it should stay illegal.

adco1-facebookJumbo-v3.jpg

"Democratic Senate leadership has a plan to legalize marijuana at the federal level at some point this year.

In a joint statement released Monday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Ron Wyden and Senator Cory Booker detailed how the Democratic-controlled upper chamber will prioritize federal marijuana legalization in the new Congress. They plan to introduce legislation in the coming weeks designed to establish a taxed and regulated cannabis market."

More at the link...

Last congress, a bill to legalize marijuana actually passed the House. It never came to the floor of the Senate...

So far this year, Republican Gregory Steube of Florida has introduced a bill to reclassify marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III. It has zero cosponsors, so it probably won't go anywhere...

The question is, if/when this happens, will Biden sign it? I suspect he will, despite his previous opposition to legalization, because he is a puppet.

Marijuana being illegal is just stupid

Thank the lord we have the federal government to protect women's morals, LOL.

Hiring a prostitute may be immoral, but making prostitution legal is basic common sense. Government enforced morality isn't morality

Forum List

Back