Democrats overwhelmingly approve of Trudeau's crackdown on freedom protestors, freezing of bank accounts: Poll

Yes. Except the police were/are the catalyst for the protests by the group Black Lives Matter. Any sober observer could understand the animosity.
So it is okay to protest only that which you agree with, otherwise it is wrong.

I support protests, sit ins, blocking traffic and so on, however I may feel personally about the events on the condition that they are peaceful demonstrations. I believe free speech is paramount.

Now, Canada is not as free about the protesting and tend to be heavy handed and not as tolerant of ideas that challenge them.

So it is okay to protest only that which you agree with, otherwise it is wrong.
No.

When the same police who kill George Floyd, Sandra Bland, Botham Jean, Breonna Taylor, Rayshard Brooks, etc... tell you to "clear the streets", they lose some credibility.
I support protests, sit ins, blocking traffic and so on, however I may feel personally about the events on the condition that they are peaceful demonstrations. I believe free speech is paramount.
Yeah, I'm the same way with Brooks.

But I can see where the BLM group and the black community (not the same thing) may be slow to want to listen to the police have wrongfully killed people that look like you in the past due to, in part, your skin color.
Now, Canada is not as free about the protesting and tend to be heavy handed and not as tolerant of ideas that challenge them.
Isn't it funny how a lot of conservatives state, "just follow the police directions and everything will be okay" until it's conservatives protesting?

No.

When the same police who kill George Floyd, Sandra Bland, Botham Jean, Breonna Taylor, Rayshard Brooks, etc... tell you to "clear the streets", they lose some credibility.

But I can see where the BLM group and the black community (not the same thing) may be slow to want to listen to the police have wrongfully killed people that look like you in the past due to, in part, your skin color.

Isn't it funny how a lot of conservatives state, "just follow the police directions and everything will be okay" until it's conservatives protesting?
Again, I see protesting as a right. So, unless there is violence, I have no issue with it, I supported BLM when it was peaceful, I supported OWS until they started crapping in the streets and their camps allowed sexual assault. I supported the truck drivers as long as they remained peaceful. I supported 1/6 until it became violent. Once it becomes violent, I no longer support them and if the police cart you away, so be it.

Spin it whatever way you need to fit your agenda but it is a freedom we all have and we should all be allowed to exercise that right.

Again, I see protesting as a right. So, unless there is violence, I have no issue with it, I supported BLM when it was peaceful, I supported OWS until they started crapping in the streets and their camps allowed sexual assault. I supported the truck drivers as long as they remained peaceful. I supported 1/6 until it became violent. Once it becomes violent, I no longer support them and if the police cart you away, so be it.

Spin it whatever way you need to fit your agenda but it is a freedom we all have and we should all be allowed to exercise that right.
mmmm ok.

No.

More whites are killed by police each year than blacks.

Forum List

Back