Democrats make the most solid case yet for a border wall

Of course dingleberry ignores the fact that you just don’t build the wall. You have to maintain it which is probably a nominal cost (we’ll see) but even if you do build the silly thing, you still need to have the border patrol, the camera monitoring, the monitoring of the sensors, etc… The cost of the wall add $70B to the expenditure; not cap it. :p

Ok, if building a wall cost $70B, hopefully you agree that $70B is less than $113B which is the cost of illegals.
Point of order:
I’m not sure if the cost calculation is including the benefit calculation. For example, are you including the sales taxes they pay, the fees they pay, the rent they pay landlords, the bills income they create for AT&T through their cell phones, their ISP bills, etc…?

If you want to say $113B a year….okay but make it a fair calculation where costs AND benefits are both included.

After the wall is built let's say it cost $68B/year to maintain, isn't that still less than the $113B/year to maintain illegals?

I doubt it would cost that much to maintain. The point is whatever the maintenance costs are is going to be added on to whatever the security apparatus costs currently. You don’t get a savings by building the wall.

Point of order!! WTF, are you lost.

Regarding the cost to maintain a wall, the wall, $68B was used as an example. Regardless of the maintenance cost, I'm pretty sure it would be considerably less than $113B/year. I realize we won't get a savings by building the wall, we will get the savings from having much much fewer people taking advantage of the nanny state you libs have turned this country into. Try opening your eyes a bit here.
Immigration is not a problem; lousy management is.

We have the largest economy in the world, even with illegal immigration. It is "management's" fault" that we have massive debt and massive budget deficits.

"Daniel Palos"
How many beaners would say; "illegal immigration in the U.S. is a major problem."
How many people incarcerated would say; "we need tougher sentences handed down to criminals."
See how this works? You have no credibility on this subject for obvious reasons.

Ok, if building a wall cost $70B, hopefully you agree that $70B is less than $113B which is the cost of illegals.
Point of order:
I’m not sure if the cost calculation is including the benefit calculation. For example, are you including the sales taxes they pay, the fees they pay, the rent they pay landlords, the bills income they create for AT&T through their cell phones, their ISP bills, etc…?

If you want to say $113B a year….okay but make it a fair calculation where costs AND benefits are both included.

After the wall is built let's say it cost $68B/year to maintain, isn't that still less than the $113B/year to maintain illegals?

I doubt it would cost that much to maintain. The point is whatever the maintenance costs are is going to be added on to whatever the security apparatus costs currently. You don’t get a savings by building the wall.

Regarding the cost to maintain a wall, the wall, $68B was used as an example. Regardless of the maintenance cost, I'm pretty sure it would be considerably less than $113B/year. I realize we won't get a savings by building the wall, we will get the savings from having much much fewer people taking advantage of the nanny state you libs have turned this country into. Try opening your eyes a bit here.

We have the largest economy in the world, even with illegal immigration. It is "management's" fault" that we have massive debt and massive budget deficits.

Yes there is a problem with the management and there is plenty of blame on both sides of the isle. Although in the last eight years it has been Obama that has exacerbated the problem.
that was then, this is now. the right has a majority in both houses. if y'all can't abolish the drug war now, y'all Own it.

"That was then, this is now." Really!!! We had eight fricken years of loony's blaming everything on Bush but now you want to live in the here and now and want everything to be fixed in 3-4 months...sounds like typical left wing lunacy.

Point of order:

Yes there is a problem with the management and there is plenty of blame on both sides of the isle. Although in the last eight years it has been Obama that has exacerbated the problem.
that was then, this is now. the right has a majority in both houses. if y'all can't abolish the drug war now, y'all Own it.

"That was then, this is now." Really!!! We had eight fricken years of loony's blaming everything on Bush but now you want to live in the here and now and want everything to be fixed in 3-4 months...sounds like typical left wing lunacy.

Not true. On either count.

Of course dingleberry ignores the fact that you just don’t build the wall. You have to maintain it which is probably a nominal cost (we’ll see) but even if you do build the silly thing, you still need to have the border patrol, the camera monitoring, the monitoring of the sensors, etc… The cost of the wall add $70B to the expenditure; not cap it. :p

Point of order:

Add the cost of changing the terrain in order to build roads and maintaining those roads.

Add the fact that the wall will not slow or stop drug traffic.

Add then creased cost of many products (not just produce) as well as the cost of many more illegals coming from other countries. The trumpkins believe that the only undocumented workers are from Mexico. Wait till they find out just how untrue that is.

Then there's the loss of private property, the loss of control over water and land.

Any way you look at it, the US needs Mexico as much as Mexico needs us.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Democrats still won't acknowledge they want illegals here....its because other than blacks and mentally ill degenerates that's the lefts voting bloc!
You forgot pedophiles and terrorists.

While I certainly agree with the terrorist label for Ted poopy pants, admitted pedo, convicted poacher Nugent, Duck Dynasty old fart, Mike The huckster Hucabee, the Duggar cult and other RW pedo heroes, I guarantee they don't vote Dem.

A new report from Senate Democrats claims that the border wall could (key word) cost $70 billion. Well, lets just say that is true. Lets give them their worst case scenario. Even ardent left-wing organizations acknowledge that illegal aliens cost the U.S. $113 billion per year. And adjusted for illegal "contributions" the net result is still a $99 billion per year cost to U.S. taxpayers. Which means that in less than one year, the wall will pay for itself. And in one full year, the wall will result in a $29 billion surplus in the absolute worst case scenario (it could - and probably would - be even higher than that).

As usual, the Democrats didn't think this one through. :lmao:

Border wall could cost $70 billion, says Senate Democrats' new report

Stupid is as stupid does.

Do you really think that the stupid wall is going to stop all illegal immigration?

What about the 40% who arrive legally on planes and then overstay their visas?

That's gonna have to be one tall fucking wall! [derp]

I dunno, math appears to be a bit complicated for some of you folks. Stopping 60% would be much better than stopping 0% of the illegals coming across the border....besides the wall may be a "smart" wall.

The number coming across the southern border is currently net zero (Thank you, President Obama), big business advertises in Mexico and other countries and then transports them here, President Obama increased Border Patrol agents to more 18,500 to patrol well under 2000 miles, other US borders are wide open ...

RWNJs believe this is a simple issue and drumpf is clueless about every aspect and lies about Mexico paying.

Wise up, sheeples.

Point of order:

Obama deported more than any prez in our history and increased BP to more than 18,500 agents. This was in spite of Repubs fighting his efforts to control border traffic.

Repubs have been in power for 2 1/2 years and have done nothing.

And now we have a child in the Oval Office who said Mexico would pay for his useless, needless wall and the damn stupid trumpkins actually believed that outrageous lie. Some still do. How is that possible?

The number coming across the southern border is currently net zero (Thank you, President Obama)
Someone please tell Adolf that Barack Insane Obama is currently flying around the world creating a "carbon footprint" the size of China and that it is President Trump who we have to thank for the drastic improvement in border security.

Point of order:

Add the cost of changing the terrain in order to build roads and maintaining those roads.

Add the fact that the wall will not slow or stop drug traffic.

Add then creased cost of many products (not just produce) as well as the cost of many more illegals coming from other countries. The trumpkins believe that the only undocumented workers are from Mexico. Wait till they find out just how untrue that is.

Then there's the loss of private property, the loss of control over water and land.

Any way you look at it, the US needs Mexico as much as Mexico needs us.

The only thing we needed Mexico for was for their oil. Other than that, they are useless to us. Now that we are fracking our own oil, they are completely useless to us.

I'm really liking this proposal for a wall by Penna Group. Not only a great design (rendered after doing their homework by talking to Border Patrol Agents and understanding their needs) but the bid also currently stands at $21 billion. That's a drop in the bucket for something which will go a long way in securing the U.S. border (and 70% lower than the left-wing chicken little sky is falling $70 billion prediction).

IMG_3531.JPG

A construction firm submitted this proposal for Trump's border wall that's a one-way sheet of plexiglass

Point of order:

"Daniel Palos"
How many beaners would say; "illegal immigration in the U.S. is a major problem."
How many people incarcerated would say; "we need tougher sentences handed down to criminals."
See how this works? You have no credibility on this subject for obvious reasons.
How many people have nothing but fallacy, but claim to be for the "gospel Truth"?

Job 34:30 Let the hypocrite reign not lest the People be ensnared.

Point of order:

this is now; y'all have both houses and the executive office. y'all Own it.

Yea, let's not count the 8 years clown boy was in office.

A new report from Senate Democrats claims that the border wall could (key word) cost $70 billion. Well, lets just say that is true. Lets give them their worst case scenario. Even ardent left-wing organizations acknowledge that illegal aliens cost the U.S. $113 billion per year. And adjusted for illegal "contributions" the net result is still a $99 billion per year cost to U.S. taxpayers. Which means that in less than one year, the wall will pay for itself. And in one full year, the wall will result in a $29 billion surplus in the absolute worst case scenario (it could - and probably would - be even higher than that).

Do you really think that the stupid wall is going to stop all illegal immigration?

If they come in legally, they are not illegal immigrants dumbass.

If they overstay their visas they most definitely are illegal immigrants, Dumbass.

If they overstay their visas they most definitely are illegal immigrants, Dumbass.
First of all you nitwit - they are illegal aliens. Don't try to minimize it by calling them "immigrants" as if they came here legally and assimilated.

Second - if they came in through Visas then we know exactly who they are and we have a complete record of their history (employment, residence, family, etc.). It would take ICE or the U.S. Marshals all of 20 minutes to track them down. They are not a problem. The assholes crossing over the border in the middle of the night are the problem.

I wonder how many of you repugnant Dumbocrats will show up to this little boys funeral and explain to his family why you vehemently oppose a wall to keep illegal aliens the fuck out of our country?
(CNN)A mother, father and their 6-year-old son were returning from a trip to Disneyland when, according to the survivors' family, a man in a pickup truck turned a corner, smashed into their car and sped off.

The suspect, Constantino Banda-Acosta, was a man that border agents say had been deported 15 times over the span of 15 years. In a statement provided to CNN, ICE confirmed that Banda-Acosta "has been repatriated to Mexico at least 15 times since 2002, most recently in January 2017."

He -- and another man arrested in connection with the crash -- were both "Mexican nationals in the country illegally," the statement said.
Once again - the repugnant left-wing nut-jobs favor power through foreign criminals over the life of an American child.

Cops: DUI suspect who struck a family returning from Disneyland had been deported 15 times - CNN.com

If they come in legally, they are not illegal immigrants dumbass.

Then they should be deported right?

Yea, let's not count the 8 years clown boy was in office.
did the left, control both houses and executive office?

in any Case, the Republicans get to Own that policy since it is not in their Republican Doctrine, and it has not been simply, repealed. Something the right wing, has high numbers and plenty of practice with. Don't be bashful, right wingers!

Forum List

Back