Democrats hate Cubans

A lot of Cubans probably do want an end to communism but they do not want an invasion of American plutocrats setting up a banana republic either. That's just enough uncertainty to have a civil war. Seems you don't care if Cubans live under authoritarians at all as long as they are not Communists.
I want Cubans to decide for themselves how they want to live.

Why do you hate that idea so much?

All true.. and after we stopped buying their sugar crop, the Soviets bought it all for decades.

The Batista Cubans are dead and their kids aren't going back to Cuba.
South Florida Cubans fully intend to take back ownership of Cuba. It does not matter if the last real exile died years ago the families still dream of romanticized days of plantations and power. They have enough wealth to maybe pull it off.

South Florida Cubans fully intend to take back ownership of Cuba. It does not matter if the last real exile died years ago the families still dream of romanticized days of plantations and power. They have enough wealth to maybe pull it off.
Cuba will flourish.

I only know two of the Batista era Cubans and they are physicians.. I really don't know.

I only know two of the Batista era Cubans and they are physicians.. I really don't know.
I lived in South Florida for a long time. Knew a bunch of them. The vendetta they have against the Cuban communists is fierce. Down in Cuba they have been bombarded with propaganda for years about the gangsters pimps and plantation slavers who ran away to Florida. There are the seeds of a hot civil war here but no one seems to be able to see past the long awaited end of communism.

I lived in South Florida for a long time. Knew a bunch of them. The vendetta they have against the Cuban communists is fierce. Down in Cuba they have been bombarded with propaganda for years about the gangsters pimps and plantation slavers who ran away to Florida. There are the seeds of a hot civil war here but no one seems to be able to see past the long awaited end of communism.

I lived in Ft Lauderdale.

Isn't there a big difference in the Cubans who left when Batista left versus the ones who left Cuba much later?

I lived in Ft Lauderdale.

Isn't there a big difference in the Cubans who left when Batista left versus the ones who left Cuba much later?
There is a difference. They pretty much hate each other. The original exiles came with pretty much all of the wealth in Cuba. The refugees are needy peasants to them.

Forum List

Back