Democrats court packing rhetoric is a mistake...

Left wing liberal assholes are saying Biden should pack the court if he wins, so why shouldnt Trump do it?

Your comment exposes both the Democrats short-sightedness AND stupidity of the Democrats:

How stupid is it of Democrats to openly declare they intend to pack the courts in response to / in revenge for ACB's appointment right before an election...that has not been decided yet?

If / When Trump wins and if / when the GOP maintains control of the Senate, they could very well give Democrats what they want - a PACKED COURT...just not packed with Liberal Extremists the way they want. They could very well end up facing a packed Conservative court.

If Trump wins re-election and the GOP keeps the Senate, the only thing that would prevent this from happening would NOT be the Democrats' hope / pray that the President and GOP won't do what they are vowing to do but if the President and GOP do not themselves decide to do what Democrats are vowing to do.

Way to give he President and GOP some ideas, though, Democrat idiots....

:p

Republicans won't do it......ever.

The left has ALWAYS enjoyed free reign and does ANYTHING it wants, while the Right always plays by the rules

However, after doing anything they want, the Democrats have also always been super quick to blame their actions on the Right.

Again, it's just what Democrats do.....it's how they roll.

Wish I could live long enough to see it.

If Democrats get House/Senate/Presidency, they will add x# of new justices.

next time Republicans get House/Senate/Presidency, they will add x# of new justices.

At some point, SCOTUS will have as many justices as there are members of the Senate.

and working to match the number of congresspersons in the House.
False. Republicans have zero to gain by expanding the court. More Justices are harder to control and is a much bigger wildcard. Look at Roberts’s vote on the ACA. Nine is too many for Republicans, who wanted to shrink it in the face of a Hillary victory.

So I say go ahead, Republicans! The more the merrier.
But it won't matter anymore. We will be at a new game. There may be people running that will eliminate the court as an example. Without any legislation.

...unless they believe the confirmation of Amy Barrett has totally demoralized their base...Schumer and the Democrats proclamations of retaliation and court-packing will only hurt them with independents and undecideds.

That's my opinion...what is yours?

--------
Democrats say Republicans will regret Barrett confirmation, slam 'manipulation' of Supreme Court

I agree, BUT democratic fundraising for senate seats went Nookler when Justice Ginsburg passed

The Left has always viewed the Court(s) as a vehicle for them to own and operate pushing their agenda; legislative process be damned. This radical idea of Court expansion and stacking would not be an issue had Hillary been anointed in 2016 and she could have stacked her own 3 in the SCOTUS. But that didn’t happen. Hence, talk of abolishing the Electoral College and egregious expansion on the Supreme Court.

Look how these people react when they lose. Giving them power and control will simply put US back on the path towards Fundamental Transformation of America.

...unless they believe the confirmation of Amy Barrett has totally demoralized their base...Schumer and the Democrats proclamations of retaliation and court-packing will only hurt them with independents and undecideds.

--------
Democrats say Republicans will regret Barrett confirmation, slam 'manipulation' of Supreme Court

The Supreme Court is already making a strong case for expanding it. They are clearly hostile to voting rights and the right to have their vote counted as long as it is done by election day. You have 4 justices who want to override the Pennsylvania Supreme Court's ruling on mail in ballots. There are no federal issues involved here. There are several cases where the court could go to the far right and provide more ammunition for a expanded Supreme Court as well as the lower courts.

if democrats sweep they should encourage the partisan court to overturn Roe v Wade. Then use the outrage to take over as many states as possible and pass a few amendments to curb the con influence in the courts and curb the authoritarian bent the Banana Republicans have taken.

--------

I don’t think voters care

They didn’t care when McConnell refused to allow Obama to fill a seat for a year because it was an election year

They don’t care that McConnell went on to fill a seat days before an election.

They won’t care if Dems add some seats to the courts

--------

The Supreme Court is already making a strong case for expanding it. They are clearly hostile to voting rights and the right to have their vote counted as long as it is done by election day. You have 4 justices who want to override the Pennsylvania Supreme Court's ruling on mail in ballots. There are no federal issues involved here. There are several cases where the court could go to the far right and provide more ammunition for a expanded Supreme Court as well as the lower courts.

I believe how this Conservative Court behaves will go a long way to determining how Dems react.

If they act as a Conservative voice and nibble at the edges of major legislation, I think Biden and the Dems will live with it.

If they seek to override the election, reverse Obamacare and Roe v Wade.......then I think Dems will have no choice

--------

"That's my opinin... what is yours". I'd say charge & prosecute the DNC & it's political puppets for graft, corruption, embezzlement plus undermining the American citizens U.S. federal Constitution & BoR by breeching the limitations the constituencies federal Constitution restricts federal government to. Just my opinion.

Bad idea. The court is 4-4 at this point with Barrett still TBD. This just makes Democrats look like a little kid throwing a tantrum because they didn't get their way. It is also the reason it's stupid to vote for Democrats at this time. Stick with Trumpy
WTF are you talking about? She took the official oath this morning.

next time Republicans get House/Senate/Presidency, they will add x# of new justices.

At some point, SCOTUS will have as many justices as there are members of the Senate.

False. Republicans have zero to gain by expanding the court. More Justices are harder to control and is a much bigger wildcard. Look at Roberts’s vote on the ACA. Nine is too many for Republicans, who wanted to shrink it in the face of a Hillary victory.

It's your party of radicals that are advocating the absurdity.
What is absurd about it?

What is absurd about it?

We've had nine since 1869. Actually, seven before that. The high court has worked just fine with that number. Even ginsberg said the number in the high court should stay at nine.

What is absurd about it?

We've had nine since 1869. Actually, seven before that. The high court has worked just fine with that number. Even ginsberg said the number in the high court should stay at nine.
If you wanted to keep it at 9 you would have respected the traditions and norms that Democrats have adhered to. You didn't. Now you’ll pay the price.

The most successful Republican strategist in the past 30-40 years says this:

What is absurd about it?

She also said they should wait for the election to fill her seat

If the 6-3 McConnell Court behaves like the 5-4 Roberts court, I don’t think there will be a problem.

If it becomes a rubber stamp for the Conservative agenda, then I expect Democrats to make a radical response

Forum List

Back