‘Democrats Are In A Box’: Graham Says Pelosi’s Impeachment Push Is Backfiring In Senate

Any answers as to why capitol police were removing barriers and opening the doors to the building yet??
Because there was nothing four cops could do to hold up a flimsy barrier in front of thousands of violent protestors so backing off was the safest thing to do.

Common sense.

Apparently you didn't watch the videos of it happening, or you wouldn't make yourself look like a fool with that comment.
More than you I’m sure. You seem to be dancing around the evolving right wing narrative that is attempting to diffuse responsibility of the riot away from Trump and his supporters.

It’s been fascinating to watch how it’s worked.

Any answers as to why capitol police were removing barriers and opening the doors to the building yet??
Because there was nothing four cops could do to hold up a flimsy barrier in front of thousands of violent protestors so backing off was the safest thing to do.

Common sense.

Apparently you didn't watch the videos of it happening, or you wouldn't make yourself look like a fool with that comment.
More than you I’m sure. You seem to be dancing around the evolving right wing narrative that is attempting to diffuse responsibility of the riot away from Trump and his supporters.

Have you spent as much time studying the footage of cities burning this summer, did you visit the 'summer of love' on your vacation? Go to any of the funerals of the innocent people killed? Donate to the plethora of black businesses that were burned and looted? Or did you proudly send your money to BLM, the Marxist organization that's a shell company created to send money right into the 'D' coffers? lol

Common sense.

Have you spent as much time studying the footage of cities burning this summer, did you visit the 'summer of love' on your vacation? Go to any of the funerals of the innocent people killed? Donate to the plethora of black businesses that were burned and looted? Or did you proudly send your money to BLM, the Marxist organization that's a shell company created to send money right into the 'D' coffers? lol
You’re now changing topics.

You won’t admit it, but you know you’ve lost this round.

Common sense.

You’re now changing topics.

You won’t admit it, but you know you’ve lost this round.

Hmmm, I don't agree, what have I lost exactly? You want to talk about a 'riot' that happened on Jan. 6 in DC where approximately 100 people out of a crowd of tens of thousands got into the Capitol building and ran around taking selfies, none had weapons, none started fires, they were intentionally let in by the Capitol police for some unknown reason, walked right past them after the doors were opened to them... and you want to set that as the barometer for the worse riot in American history after what transpired over the summer in nearly every major city in the country, where there were billions in damages, businesses and low income homes destroyed, and countless lives ruined and lost? Are you crazy or just stupid?

Wrong.
Democrats are checking off boxes:

House Check that box
Senate. Check that box
Oval Office. Check that box
The issue is really the House in 22. AOC and defund the police cost them most of the moderate seats they picked up in 18. But Trump's insurrection cannot have been popular. imo Biden is correct that if the dems respond to covid by improving things, then they should be ok.

The entire impeachment thing is batshit stupid on the part of the democrats. They operate under the absolutist view that everything is just as important as everything else. Politically...it isn't.

It might not be as dumb as you think. They can bar Trump from future office with a simple majority vote in the Senate impeachment trial.
You just beat him by 'millions of votes', so why are you worried about him running in the future?? Trump is gone, maybe you should concern yourself with what your leaders are currently doing, destroying thousands of union jobs and the US energy sector?
Its a mistake the Democrats are making. I want Trump to be around forever dividing the GOP into smaller and smaller pieces.

This. Again, there a number of Democrats who just are unwilling to set aside their just and righteous anger and play the long game. There was never going to be enough votes to convict Trump in the Senate. Impeachment was a waste of time and effort. 74 million sheep voted for the lying sack of shit in November. He spent two months crowing about fraud. His behavior hands the Senate over to you. Then, January 6th happens. I mean, Trump is the gift that keeps on giving to Democrats. Plus, the added bonus of tearing the Republican party in two. I mean, NO Democrat could have ever hoped to accomplish that. The process of weeding Trump out just took care of itself. He's cooked. By the time 2024 comes around, there will be a dozen challengers on the Republican side. And even 2022 isn't a sure bet for Republicans anymore which is why I would also like to see Trump hang around. Get behind the censure movement. If that fails, then the campaign ads continue to write themselves. :)

Wrong.

House Check that box
Senate. Check that box
The issue is really the House in 22. AOC and defund the police cost them most of the moderate seats they picked up in 18. But Trump's insurrection cannot have been popular. imo Biden is correct that if the dems respond to covid by improving things, then they should be ok.

The entire impeachment thing is batshit stupid on the part of the democrats. They operate under the absolutist view that everything is just as important as everything else. Politically...it isn't.

It might not be as dumb as you think. They can bar Trump from future office with a simple majority vote in the Senate impeachment trial.
You just beat him by 'millions of votes', so why are you worried about him running in the future?? Trump is gone, maybe you should concern yourself with what your leaders are currently doing, destroying thousands of union jobs and the US energy sector?
Its a mistake the Democrats are making. I want Trump to be around forever dividing the GOP into smaller and smaller pieces.

This. Again, there a number of Democrats who just are unwilling to set aside their just and righteous anger and play the long game. There was never going to be enough votes to convict Trump in the Senate. Impeachment was a waste of time and effort. 74 million sheep voted for the lying sack of shit in November. He spent two months crowing about fraud. His behavior hands the Senate over to you. Then, January 6th happens. I mean, Trump is the gift that keeps on giving to Democrats. Plus, the added bonus of tearing the Republican party in two. I mean, NO Democrat could have ever hoped to accomplish that. The process of weeding Trump out just took care of itself. He's cooked. By the time 2024 comes around, there will be a dozen challengers on the Republican side. And even 2022 isn't a sure bet for Republicans anymore which is why I would also like to see Trump hang around. Get behind the censure movement. If that fails, then the campaign ads continue to write themselves. :)

I don't see anything I really disagree with in your post.

I'd just add that this makes him look somewhat sympathetic.

all Schumer needs to do is pass a rule that the final vote will be done by secret ballot,
Secret ballots?...you Demtards are wanting to go full out fascist police state. ... :cuckoo:

Shades of 1930s Germany!!

No. Juries voting by secret ballot is normal for every other trial in the U.S. - why should an impeachment be different?

The only shades of fascism is the constant threats of violence by Trump scum against anyone that goes against Trump.

The ballots should be secret for the safety of the Senators.

Trump scum can only thank themselves for creating a threatening environment where secret ballot are needed for the Senators to vote their conscience!
If they are afraid to cast their vote publicly, they shouldn't be in office.

I agree - the vast majority of Republican Senators should not be in office.
I don't see Republicans pushing for a secret ballot, do you?

Wrong.

House Check that box
Senate. Check that box

Does Nadler and Schiff have any abilities but this? When the Progs who up with the official impeachment documents to give to the Senate it looks like children at a daycare.

Exactly, Trump is no longer a threat, leftists own the government now, quit whining about Trump already.
What’s to stop him from starting another riot?
Absolutely nothing. He could do that from a prison cell. In fact, you could easily make him a martyr to the point he becomes the flash point of a new civil war. IOW, look for Quid Pro to pardon him if it gets to that point.

There is so much disinformation in this thread.
Makes me wonder where some get there info from.

Let me help:

1 - The Senate cannot vote by secret ballot.

2 - The Senate needs 67 votes to find someone guilty.

3 - The impeachment articles brought forth by the house is not constitutional.

4 - The Senate cannot try a private citizen.

Exactly, Trump is no longer a threat, leftists own the government now, quit whining about Trump already.
Absolutely nothing. He could do that from a prison cell. In fact, you could easily make him a martyr to the point he becomes the flash point of a new civil war. IOW, look for Quid Pro to pardon him if it gets to that point.
Maybe Trump ont be so apt to start a civil war if he is ever held responsible for any of his actions.

Novel concept I know.

Wrong.

House Check that box
Senate. Check that box

Trump won the election.

Wrong.

House Check that box
Senate. Check that box

Trump won the election.
You sound like an idiot.

Sigh...
1611846847753.png

Maybe Trump ont be so apt to start a civil war if he is ever held responsible for any of his actions.

Novel concept I know.
He wouldn't necessarily have to because there are others who would use him to do so. This is not an ordinary person who can safely be demonized and put up as an object of hate because there are millions of people who don't care personally about TRUMP! at all, but care very much about what he represents, which is a thumb in the eye of the power structure. The liberals of the 60's have now become what they fought against and are the power, the "man" that the other side wants to knock out of power. Go after TRUMP! too hard, and it looks like you're also going after everything he stands for and the people who support those things. You know what I'm talking about, because we see it every day, the stated desire from even elected democrats to root out anyone who supported TRUMP! in any way and destroy their lives.

See, Pelosi and crew could have launched the second impeachment in a much smarter way. They could have given some time for the dust to settle, taken depositions, heard from witnesses and tried to build a bipartisan case against TUMP! but that's not they did. Instead, they wrote up a bunch of crap in a handful of hours, voted on it and shoved it out the door, completely throwing away any sense of deliberation, debate or seeking truth and facts. It was a blatant partisan move. Liberals and democrats (but I repeat myself) tend to think that, because Quid Pro won the election, everyone agrees with them and has a burning irrational hatred of TRUMP!, to the point that just seeing his name written in chalk on a sidewalk is enough to send them to a safe place where they can color with crayons. They forget that there are millions out there who don't agree with them and want to see actual JUSTICE be done instead of railroading someone just because some people hate him. And they're armed. That's the kind of flash point I'm talking about. TRUMP! himself doesn't have to do anything. In fact, the more he seems like a victim of irrational hate and the more you go after anyone who supported him, the more powerful a flash point he becomes. I do not believe the current crop of democrats have it in them to strike the right tone on this. They will very likely overreach and be lucky to escape the midterms with any power left at all.

Botox and her henchmen don't and won't have the votes

Waste of time

That it is. A waste of time and tax dollars. How do they think they can impeach someone who is out of office??

Imbeciles.

Janaury 2020: Don't impeach Trump. Let the voters decide.
January 2021: McConnell can't hold a trial while Trump is in office because the Senate isn't in session. Now you can't impeach because he's not in office.

Face it. Republicans will allow any kind of loathsome, destructive, and criminal actions by others from their party, without consequences. Even trying to kill the Vice-President is just "boys will be boys" with you fools.

He's a private citizen dumb ass. You can't impeach a private citizen.

God what an idiot you are. The Canadians deserve your stupid ass.

He was Impeached while he was still President. Now he's being tried for that Impeachment. McConnell refused to hold that trial while Trump was still in office.

Trump will be tried, and if he's not convicted this time, corporate America will rise up and completely defund the Republican Party. They won't have enough money to run candidates for Dog Catcher. If Trump is convicted, he will go ahead with his MAGA Patriot Party, splitting the conservative vote and guaranteeing a Democratic government for years to come.

WIN/WIN.

Novel concept I know.
He wouldn't necessarily have to because there are others who would use him to do so. This is not an ordinary person who can safely be demonized and put up as an object of hate because there are millions of people who don't care personally about TRUMP! at all, but care very much about what he represents, which is a thumb in the eye of the power structure. The liberals of the 60's have now become what they fought against and are the power, the "man" that the other side wants to knock out of power. Go after TRUMP! too hard, and it looks like you're also going after everything he stands for and the people who support those things. You know what I'm talking about, because we see it every day, the stated desire from even elected democrats to root out anyone who supported TRUMP! in any way and destroy their lives.

See, Pelosi and crew could have launched the second impeachment in a much smarter way. They could have given some time for the dust to settle, taken depositions, heard from witnesses and tried to build a bipartisan case against TUMP! but that's not they did. Instead, they wrote up a bunch of crap in a handful of hours, voted on it and shoved it out the door, completely throwing away any sense of deliberation, debate or seeking truth and facts. It was a blatant partisan move. Liberals and democrats (but I repeat myself) tend to think that, because Quid Pro won the election, everyone agrees with them and has a burning irrational hatred of TRUMP!, to the point that just seeing his name written in chalk on a sidewalk is enough to send them to a safe place where they can color with crayons. They forget that there are millions out there who don't agree with them and want to see actual JUSTICE be done instead of railroading someone just because some people hate him. And they're armed. That's the kind of flash point I'm talking about. TRUMP! himself doesn't have to do anything. In fact, the more he seems like a victim of irrational hate and the more you go after anyone who supported him, the more powerful a flash point he becomes. I do not believe the current crop of democrats have it in them to strike the right tone on this. They will very likely overreach and be lucky to escape the midterms with any power left at all.

You have completely mischaracterized what is really happening here. This isn't some intergenerational squabble. This is a blatant attempt by the Republican Party to overturn a fair and honest election, by refusing to count the votes of non-white voters in the tally, and install an authoritarian white supremacist dictator in the White House.

Donald Trump attempted an insurrection against the Constitutionally elected government, and sent a murderous mob to kill its leaders. Republicans are OK with that.

Yes, there are intergenerational issues going on in the government, none of which have anything to do with the impeachment of Donald Trump.

Wrong.

House Check that box
Senate. Check that box

I don't see anything I really disagree with in your post.

I'd just add that this makes him look somewhat sympathetic.
It really does. I don't like his views on curtailing others' liberty to conform to his Xian views, but I don't have to agree with all of a candidate's views to vote for him/her.

And seriously, while I realize none of the Trumpanzees would dare criticize their champion, one reason he just became unacceptable despite any policy was shit like not calling off the crazies

Novel concept I know.

You have completely mischaracterized what is really happening here. This isn't some intergenerational squabble. This is a blatant attempt by the Republican Party to overturn a fair and honest election, by refusing to count the votes of non-white voters in the tally, and install an authoritarian white supremacist dictator in the White House.

Donald Trump attempted an insurrection against the Constitutionally elected government, and sent a murderous mob to kill its leaders. Republicans are OK with that.

Yes, there are intergenerational issues going on in the government, none of which have anything to do with the impeachment of Donald Trump.
I'm just giving you some background on what is likely to happen if democrats do what they usually do and overreach. They typically don't think beyond the immediate temporary gain and go nuts, then get slapped down the next go round.

Forum List

Back