‘Democrats Are In A Box’: Graham Says Pelosi’s Impeachment Push Is Backfiring In Senate

While the spineless Republican Senators try to hide behind the FALSE narrative that this impeachment is unconstitutional, all Schumer needs to do is pass a rule that the final vote will be done by secret ballot, and then Trump is screwed.
That would hurt dems reputation more than impeaching trump

secret ballots in a representative democracy are Un American

Botox and her henchmen don't and won't have the votes

Waste of time

That it is. A waste of time and tax dollars. How do they think they can impeach someone who is out of office??

Imbeciles.

Janaury 2020: Don't impeach Trump. Let the voters decide.
January 2021: McConnell can't hold a trial while Trump is in office because the Senate isn't in session. Now you can't impeach because he's not in office.

Face it. Republicans will allow any kind of loathsome, destructive, and criminal actions by others from their party, without consequences. Even trying to kill the Vice-President is just "boys will be boys" with you fools.

He's a private citizen dumb ass. You can't impeach a private citizen.

God what an idiot you are. The Canadians deserve your stupid ass.

He was Impeached while he was still President. Now he's being tried for that Impeachment. McConnell refused to hold that trial while Trump was still in office.

Trump will be tried, and if he's not convicted this time, corporate America will rise up and completely defund the Republican Party. They won't have enough money to run candidates for Dog Catcher. If Trump is convicted, he will go ahead with his MAGA Patriot Party, splitting the conservative vote and guaranteeing a Democratic government for years to come.

WIN/WIN.

Dumbass. You can't impeach a man who's a civilian. Jesus are you stupid.

Oh and if the Patriot Party ever gets off the ground loads of Reps will join. Trump has 75 Million supporters. It will be the Patriot Party and dumbass Dems who right now are ruining America.

Win/Win

Graham is sucking Trump's ass so hard you can see Donald gasping for air. Graham only plays on the side he thinks he can garner the most favorable position. One day he says that Trump is a bad guy, then gets harassed at the airport by Trumpets and the next day becomes a champion for Trump.
Senate Democrats are souring on the idea butthole....

Wrong.
Democrats are checking off boxes:

House Check that box
Senate. Check that box
Oval Office. Check that box
The issue is really the House in 22. AOC and defund the police cost them most of the moderate seats they picked up in 18. But Trump's insurrection cannot have been popular. imo Biden is correct that if the dems respond to covid by improving things, then they should be ok.
Senate Democrats are souring on the idea....

While the spineless Republican Senators try to hide behind the FALSE narrative that this impeachment is unconstitutional, all Schumer needs to do is pass a rule that the final vote will be done by secret ballot, and then Trump is screwed.

I think the more the dems do to push this "we're gonna get Trump" thing, the better it is for the gop. Not necessarily for Trump, although to his base there's nothing better than Trump the victim, but the Senate actually has stuff to do like covid relief and judges. The less work the dim senate gets done, the better for the gop.

Graham is sucking Trump's ass so hard you can see Donald gasping for air. Graham only plays on the side he thinks he can garner the most favorable position. One day he says that Trump is a bad guy, then gets harassed at the airport by Trumpets and the next day becomes a champion for Trump.
Not nearly as fast as the Republicans because of the need to pander votes.

Not nearly as fast as the Republicans because of the need to pander votes.
Its not gonna happen boi toy....

Wrong.
Democrats are checking off boxes:

House Check that box
Senate. Check that box
Oval Office. Check that box
The issue is really the House in 22. AOC and defund the police cost them most of the moderate seats they picked up in 18. But Trump's insurrection cannot have been popular. imo Biden is correct that if the dems respond to covid by improving things, then they should be ok.

The entire impeachment thing is batshit stupid on the part of the democrats. They operate under the absolutist view that everything is just as important as everything else. Politically...it isn't.

It might not be as dumb as you think. They can bar Trump from future office with a simple majority vote in the Senate impeachment trial.
You just beat him by 'millions of votes', so why are you worried about him running in the future?? Trump is gone, maybe you should concern yourself with what your leaders are currently doing, destroying thousands of union jobs and the US energy sector?
Its a mistake the Democrats are making. I want Trump to be around forever dividing the GOP into smaller and smaller pieces.

This. Again, there a number of Democrats who just are unwilling to set aside their just and righteous anger and play the long game. There was never going to be enough votes to convict Trump in the Senate. Impeachment was a waste of time and effort. 74 million sheep voted for the lying sack of shit in November. He spent two months crowing about fraud. His behavior hands the Senate over to you. Then, January 6th happens. I mean, Trump is the gift that keeps on giving to Democrats. Plus, the added bonus of tearing the Republican party in two. I mean, NO Democrat could have ever hoped to accomplish that. The process of weeding Trump out just took care of itself. He's cooked. By the time 2024 comes around, there will be a dozen challengers on the Republican side. And even 2022 isn't a sure bet for Republicans anymore which is why I would also like to see Trump hang around. Get behind the censure movement. If that fails, then the campaign ads continue to write themselves. :)

I don't see anything I really disagree with in your post.

I'd just add that this makes him look somewhat sympathetic.
It really does. I don't like his views on curtailing others' liberty to conform to his Xian views, but I don't have to agree with all of a candidate's views to vote for him/her.

And seriously, while I realize none of the Trumpanzees would dare criticize their champion, one reason he just became unacceptable despite any policy was shit like not calling off the crazies

I strongly disagree. Unless there are serious repercussioons here, the next candidate to try this shit might not be as stupid, transparent and chaotic at Trump, and he could very well succeed. This effort certainly came close.

I think the more the dems do to push this "we're gonna get Trump" thing, the better it is for the gop. Not necessarily for Trump, although to his base there's nothing better than Trump the victim, but the Senate actually has stuff to do like covid relief and judges. The less work the dim senate gets done, the better for the gop.
democrats no longer have to worry about being voted out of office

They can cheat in every election to stay in power

Ohhhh secret ballot.....a great Gestapo tactic there America hater.
Hey, nothing could go wrong with a secret ballot, right? Just pick the number of yes votes and no votes you want an no one is the wiser. As long as you don't make the total unanimous one way or the other, everyone will think they were either part of the majority or minority and life goes on. The only way that fails is if the vote is truly unanimous, but that won't happen in this case.

The ballots could be witnessed by the Senate Republican leadership when they're counted. Everyone one of them can be held as proof of the validity of the count.

It's not the way it works.

Did you email Schumer with your idiotic plan?

Secret ballots have been discussed by the Senate the last time Trump was impeached. Nothing new here:

There’s a Surprisingly Plausible Path to Removing Trump From Office - POLITICO Magazine

Capitol Violence Sparks Discussion Of Secret, Safer Impeachment Trial Vote | HuffPost

This would be a horrible solution. There should never be "secret" votes in Congress. The people should always know how their rep voted.

Unless the Senators are acting as jurors and under threat.

Like any other jurors they need protection.

In the case of this impeachment they are not voting on policies or political issues or on a Senate bill, they are voting as jurors in a CRIMINAL CASE.

They must be free from political repercussions and from threats of violence so that they can vote their conscience.

It's not happening kid, it goes against anything and everything of America

So says a supporter of the attempt at INSURRECTION!

I never supported shit, you clown shoes asshole

Just stop with your little dick leftist wet dream, it's not going to happen, asshole

I'll bet you said that Trump would win the election too, fool!

You believe a rich old white 2 time loser with dementia recieved more black votes than the first black president. Fool!

With Police murdering black people all over the country, it's easy to believe that Black people voted in record numbers to get a racist President out of Office.

Say thanks to the BLM Movement!

Ohhhh secret ballot.....a great Gestapo tactic there America hater.
Hey, nothing could go wrong with a secret ballot, right? Just pick the number of yes votes and no votes you want an no one is the wiser. As long as you don't make the total unanimous one way or the other, everyone will think they were either part of the majority or minority and life goes on. The only way that fails is if the vote is truly unanimous, but that won't happen in this case.

The ballots could be witnessed by the Senate Republican leadership when they're counted. Everyone one of them can be held as proof of the validity of the count.

It's not the way it works.

Did you email Schumer with your idiotic plan?

Secret ballots have been discussed by the Senate the last time Trump was impeached. Nothing new here:

There’s a Surprisingly Plausible Path to Removing Trump From Office - POLITICO Magazine

Capitol Violence Sparks Discussion Of Secret, Safer Impeachment Trial Vote | HuffPost

This would be a horrible solution. There should never be "secret" votes in Congress. The people should always know how their rep voted.

Unless the Senators are acting as jurors and under threat.

Like any other jurors they need protection.

In the case of this impeachment they are not voting on policies or political issues or on a Senate bill, they are voting as jurors in a CRIMINAL CASE.

They must be free from political repercussions and from threats of violence so that they can vote their conscience.

Only one problem--the Senate are not Jurors in a criminal case........................they are just senators supposedly bound by law-

In an impeachment trial Senators are acting as jurors.

So, if you were convinced that Senators were acting as jurors, you'd agree that there should be a secret ballot, right?

all Schumer needs to do is pass a rule that the final vote will be done by secret ballot,
Secret ballots?...you Demtards are wanting to go full out fascist police state. ... :cuckoo:

Shades of 1930s Germany!!

No. Juries voting by secret ballot is normal for every other trial in the U.S. - why should an impeachment be different?

The only shades of fascism is the constant threats of violence by Trump scum against anyone that goes against Trump.

The ballots should be secret for the safety of the Senators.

Trump scum can only thank themselves for creating a threatening environment where secret ballot are needed for the Senators to vote their conscience!
If they are afraid to cast their vote publicly, they shouldn't be in office.

I agree - the vast majority of Republican Senators should not be in office.
I don't see Republicans pushing for a secret ballot, do you?

They're too scared to publicly ask for a secret ballot.

Secret ballots are routine in criminal trials - and in elections.

They're very normal in America and always have been.

Are you scared that Repug Senators will vote their conscience without fear of repercussions?

Are you scared that Repug Senators will vote their conscience without fear of repercussions?
The public has a right to know how their elected representatives represent them

I’m sure that libs slinking around in the halls of congress would like to blindfold the public from knowledge of everything they do

I think that the Dems should have delay the trial until March or April. There's no need to rush, and more and more evidence against Trump & his sycophants is being discovered everyday.

They do need to act on Biden's agenda ASAP.

However, putting and end to Trump and his cult is as important as any other initiative. They are a genuine threat to America - probably the biggest threat since the WWII. Maybe since 1865.

all Schumer needs to do is pass a rule that the final vote will be done by secret ballot,
Secret ballots?...you Demtards are wanting to go full out fascist police state. ... :cuckoo:

Shades of 1930s Germany!!

No. Juries voting by secret ballot is normal for every other trial in the U.S. - why should an impeachment be different?

The only shades of fascism is the constant threats of violence by Trump scum against anyone that goes against Trump.

The ballots should be secret for the safety of the Senators.

Trump scum can only thank themselves for creating a threatening environment where secret ballot are needed for the Senators to vote their conscience!
If they are afraid to cast their vote publicly, they shouldn't be in office.

I agree - the vast majority of Republican Senators should not be in office.
I don't see Republicans pushing for a secret ballot, do you?

They're too scared to publicly ask for a secret ballot.
Oh, so you can read minds too. Better get that foil helmet checked, cause it's not working too well.

They are not normal in full House and Senate deliberations, nor should they be. This is not a military tribunal where classified information is at hand, this is a political hit job and every piece of debate, every deliberation, every vote should be made public. The fact that the House didn't even bother to take depositions, call witnesses or debate anything tells you what a shabby rush job it is.

I think that the Dems should have delay the trial until March or April. There's no need to rush, and more and more evidence against Trump & his sycophants is being discovered everyday.

However, putting and end to Trump and his cult is as important as any other initiative. They are a genuine threat to America - probably the biggest threat since the WWII. Maybe since 1865.
Panic troll is panicked.

I think the real problem is whether adults in the room will just say no to "alternative" and "false" facts. But there's no doubt in my mind that Hillary and her emails have some blame, and yes Obama sent Susan Rice out to lie about Benghazi but tossing people under the bus is not new. And Reagan understood what Iran Contra was all about.

Forum List

Back