Democrat Want's to Replace Police With Unarmed Teams. OMFG! Laughable

A social worker would want to "talk it out" possible over an hour while Rome burns. Nope, social workers are not feasible for this kind of work. Police come in, learn the facts, arrest someone or separate them for the night and then they are on to the next problem. Social workers don't belong there.

A whole hour? Are you saying a life isn't worth an hour of someone's time? What is that? $30 worth of time? Is that not cheaper than paying out hundreds of thousands of dollars in settlements?

Soon this will be position of DNC! Idiots! :lmao:
Works in Europe and Australia. Why not here?
They don't have the US Constitution
What does that have to do with police being armed or not?

There is nothing in the Constitution that would preclude this. In reality we are trying to stop the civil rights violations that so often happen and costs taxpayers millions every year.

Everything..

Btw why you affraid of cops being armed how does that hurt you?

Everything..

Be honest.

There is nothing in the Constitution that would preclude this. In reality we are trying to stop the civil rights violations that so often happen and costs taxpayers millions every year.
Fucking anarchy?

Everything..

No deflections. Where does the Constitution say police must be armed?

Or you can just admit you're talking outta yer ass, of course.

A social worker would want to "talk it out" possible over an hour while Rome burns. Nope, social workers are not feasible for this kind of work. Police come in, learn the facts, arrest someone or separate them for the night and then they are on to the next problem. Social workers don't belong there.

A whole hour? Are you saying a life isn't worth an hour of someone's time? What is that? $30 worth of time? Is that not cheaper than paying out hundreds of thousands of dollars in settlements?
One hour vs. 10 minutes for a police officer. Six times as many workers for the same amount of work. Think about it and some of the "social workers" are just wannabe cops with visions of grandeur when they go into a situation. Could be dangerous for everyone involved.

Perhaps they don't have gang wars.
No one here is suggesting sending unarmed officers into hang wars.

Try again.

It's going to happen. We are going to change the way we operate our police forces. We are behind other first world countries in this regard already.

It's not going to happen, our country is way to big

It's already starting.

Again, NPR did a story on this. I think it was in Georgia. The program of sending out social workers is having mixed results. I'll look for a link to the story.

I have no doubt that initially there will be mixed results. It will take time to find the proper levels and the way to do this.

I wonder why conservatives argue against having the police actually enforcing laws instead of being social workers which is what they are when they are breaking up a husband and wife arguing. I think it's just a reflexive hatred of anything that may actually work
It's going to happen. We are going to change the way we operate our police forces. We are behind other first world countries in this regard already.

It's already starting.

Again, NPR did a story on this. I think it was in Georgia. The program of sending out social workers is having mixed results. I'll look for a link to the story.

I have no doubt that initially there will be mixed results. It will take time to find the proper levels and the way to do this.

I wonder why conservatives argue against having the police actually enforcing laws instead of being social workers which is what they are when they are breaking up a husband and wife arguing. I think it's just a reflexive hatred of anything that may actually work

Because, it's not like TV. Even if everyone is calm when you arrive. A statement has to be taken from both parties. If any criminal activity is alleged, assault, a push and shove, broken property, then only police have the power to effect an arrest and bring charges. There are typically criminal charges in 75% of domestics these days. Even if there is no criminal charge, police may apply for a restraint order. Social workers are not empowered to do these things.

Truer words were never spoken.

The first time one of these social workers gets beaten stabbed or shot none of them will want to act as police. They will quit and who can blame them. They aren't trained to be police. They are social workers. Probably the most useless folks on the planet.

Police officers are never beat, stabbed or shot? Ever?

What a dumbass statement.

I'm sure many have tried to beat, stab and shoot a cop and some have been successful. But cops have partners, radio's and guns. Anyone trying it on them is liable to get shot and they know it.

A social worker. Not at all. They have no training to deal with someone who wants to beat, stab or shoot them.

Sending them into that kind of situation is dumber than dumb. Expected them to act as a police officer is downright moronic.

Last edited:

Fucking anarchy?
Anarchy is in the Constitution?

Are you ever gonna back up your claim that we can't have unarmed officers because we have the Constitution?

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

Because, it's not like TV. Even if everyone is calm when you arrive. A statement has to be taken from both parties. If any criminal activity is alleged, assault, a push and shove, broken property, then only police have the power to effect an arrest and bring charges. There are typically criminal charges in 75% of domestics these days. Even if there is no criminal charge, police may apply for a restraint order. Social workers are not empowered to do these things.

The first time one of these social workers gets beaten stabbed or shot none of them will want to act as police. They will quit and who can blame them. They aren't trained to be police. They are social workers. Probably the most useless folks on the planet.

Of course they have but they also have partners, training and guns.

Police know how to take care of themselves.

You can bet social workers wouldn't have a clue how to react to someone wants to beat the shit out of them, stab or use a gun on them.
Range time is not the training they need.

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

Of course they have but they also have partners, training and guns.

Police know how to take care of themselves.

You can bet social workers wouldn't have a clue how to react to someone wants to beat the shit out of them, stab or use a gun on them.

Why? You have this silly stereotype in your head. A four year degree can create a complete police officer.

It's already starting.

It's already starting.

An officer properly trained in mental health most certainly could be,
It's less about mental health and more about communication skills.
But part of the problem is that people with good communication skills tend to have a lot less experience with conflict. And that lack of experience, and the lack of confidence that comes with it, is going to be glaringly obvious to people who DO have it.

On the flip side, people with a lot of experience in violence are often not the best at negotiating a peaceful resolution..... they often default to just using force.

What you want is someone with good communication skills, capable of a high level of violent action, but who really wants to not go there.

But guys like that are actually pretty rare.

Perhaps they don't have gang wars.
No one here is suggesting sending unarmed officers into hang wars.

Try again.

Hyperbolic responses is all they can provide. Its almost comical seeing them invent these scenarios.

Forum List

Back