Democrat Prosecutor: Trump Should Not Be Allowed to Defend Himself

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Democrats go full fascist part 380 in a continuing series.

Trump should be barred from blaming others for Jan. 6 riot at trial: Special counsel​

If a defendant chooses to blame space aliens, that is for the defendant to choose and the jury to decide if it really was space aliens. But Democrats know he can defend himself, so are now taking actions to ensure the kangaroo court finds a guilty verdict.

Blaming another party for a crime is a common tactic for a defendant. The idea, obviously, is to hopefully instill reasonable doubt. Sometimes the claim is even true, most times it isn't. It's up to the prosecutor to convince a jury otherwise. I'm not a lawyer, but I can think of no reason why a judge would deny this defense tactic. And this is coming from a guy who does not like the defendant.

Now, as far as irrelevant statements about drooling Joe, I can understand the desire to prevent campaigning from the courtroom.

Last edited:

Trump should be barred from blaming others for Jan. 6 riot at trial: Special counsel​

If a defendant chooses to blame space aliens, that is for the defendant to choose and the jury to decide if it really was space aliens. But Democrats know he can defend himself, so are now taking actions to ensure the kangaroo court finds a guilty verdict.

the courts have been pretty tough on "defamation" lately. trump can blame me if he wants.

trump has blamed others for his deficiencies for 70 odd years. why stop now?

I would let Trump say whatever he wants.
When he can't prove shit, as usual, he gets a perjury charge for each statement.

Nothing But the Truth: What Happens When You Lie Under ...​

1703763785648.png
FindLaw
https://www.findlaw.com › ... › Criminal Charges

Sep 8, 2023 — The penalty for a federal perjury crime includes fines and imprisonment for up to five years. Judges have the discretion to use leniency ...

Blaming another party for a crime is a common tactic for a defendant. The idea, obviously, is to hopefully instill reasonable doubt. Sometimes the claim is even true, most times it isn't. It's up to the prosecutor to convince a jury otherwise. I'm not a lawyer, but I can think of no reason why a judge would deny this defense tactic. And this is coming from a guy who does not like the defendant.

Now, as far as irrelevant statements about drooling Joe, I can understand the desire to prevent campaigning from the courtroom.
Only fascists deny people their Constitutional Rights.
Congrats.

I don't give two shits, Rump. It'll be overturned and you'll cry... again

Get out of fantasy and into reality. You won't be continuously disappointed

Yes, it should be overturned for now since Rump has not been convicted of insurrection yet. But it's the first shot by the Republicans. Rumps days are numbered and sooner or later, he's going to be treated just like Charles Manson who did not participate in the murders.

None of those people would have stormed the Capitol had Trump not spent months riling them up.

They are all going to jail, so should he.

This is a common police and prosecutorial mindset and tactic. The ridicule what they call "the SODI defense," meaning Some Other Dude Did It. But really, there are only two defenses to an accusation of a crime: 1) There was no crime, and 2) I didn't commit the crime. If the defendant didn't commit the crime, then "some other dude" did. So, the majority of defendants employ the SODI defense, and prosecutors don't like it. Eats into their winning record, and besides, so they think, most defendants are scumbags anyway, so if they didn't do this one, the did plenty of others.

I suppose the prosecutors would ask, "if Trump didn't do it, who did?" The answer is obvious: The rioters did the riot. They have been punished far out of proportion for their crimes, but they did it. If anyone else is to blame, I'd look to the FBI plants, that the FBI still refuses to say were not there, or what they were doing if they were. I'd blame them before I blame the guy who told the demonstrators to go peacefully to the Capitol and protest.

We see how unfair it is to try to deprive the defendant of his most obvious defense when it is a famous person like Trump. But it happens every day in every country. Police, prosecutors, and their puppets on Grand Juries bring people to trial. By the time the trial jury sees the case, it has been packages like a Hollywood production, and the defendant stands little chance.

Unless - like Donald Trump - they have the resources to fight back.

None of those people would have stormed the Capitol had Trump not spent months riling them up.
Free speech is supposed to rile people up, sometimes. You thinki all those pro-Hamas protesters are trying to keep everyone calm? Are you calling for them to go to jail, also?

If Democrats don't like Trump or anyone else saying that they stole an election, they should stop cheating to win electons.

Forum List

Back