CDZ Democrat Party and Taxation

Reaganomics was right from the very beginning. Tax cuts have a beneficial effect on working people every time they are used. The same people who came up with 'trickle down economy' are the ones who say milk and math are racist. The media is arguing that the government squandering hard earned money is a great thing. The biggest lie is that tax cuts don't work, the second biggest lie is that only the rich benefit from them. More layers of government and less individual choices is very hard to defend. Again, huge government programs are possible, but most are just as atrocious as the ACA. Not only is it reasonable for conservatives to question how tax money is spent, but the exodus from poorly run blue states accentuates this point.
you don't know that St Ronnie passed the largest peace time tax increase in history do you?
Do you know that Reagan passed that tax increase on the wealthy by closing loopholes and limiting deductions? It wasn't so much that Reagan increased taxes...what he did was make it harder for the wealthy to avoid paying taxes! That was after dropping the top rate from 70% to 28%! So basically, Reagan revamped the tax code. He gave the wealthy an incentive to invest while at the same time making it harder for them to get out of paying taxes.

the result was in increase in tax revenues that off set any tax cuts. He broadened the base.

REagan actually raised capital gains taxes

Tax revenues as I recall were almost exactly the same as when Carter was in office. As I said before...Reagan essentially revamped the tax code.

and still passed the largest peacetime tax hikes in history.

the net result was not that people paid any less in taxes they just paid it by a different avenue
LOL...so when you lower tax rates and then raise tax rates...have you REALLY passed the largest peacetime tax hike in history? I know that you on the left want to paint it that way but common sense tells me different! So does the level of tax revenues that were raised!

I'm not on the left or the right.

and I don't think that income taxes are the only taxes.

you can thank St Ronnie for doubling the amount self employed people pay Social Security taxes. before Ronnie self employed people only payed in the employer portion

bet you didn't know that did you? Those were part of the tax hikes Reagan passed that were not tied to income tax brackets.
I was one of the people who saw that increase so yes I was very aware of it. A tax increase that made perfect sense to me quite frankly! Why would I expect to pay half the amount into Social Security and get the full amount out?
and yet people still cling to the myth that Reagan cut taxes

Tax & Spend is far more financially responsible than Borrow & Spend.

Instead of whining about Democrats, Republicans have a very simple option available to them: CUT SPENDING BEFORE CUTTING TAXES.

Run on cutting Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, whatever departments and programs you don't want. Be specific on how much you will cut, and where. Then, if you win, FIRST CUT THE SPENDING. Then, once that is done, cut taxes accordingly.

There you go. Unless and until you pledge to do that and follow through, this is nothing more than NOISE. You are NOT "the party of fiscal responsibility", as you claim to be, otherwise.

Instead of whining about Democrats, Republicans have a very simple option available to them: CUT SPENDING BEFORE CUTTING TAXES.

Run on cutting Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, whatever departments you don't want. Be specific on how much you will cut, and where. Then, if you win, FIRST CUT THE SPENDING. Then, once that is done, cut taxes accordingly.

There you go. Unless and until you pledge to do that and follow through, this is nothing more than NOISE. You are NOT "the party of fiscal responsibility", as you claim to be, otherwise.
how about we just cut spending and leave the taxes alone ?

Run on cutting Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, whatever departments you don't want. Be specific on how much you will cut, and where. Then, if you win, FIRST CUT THE SPENDING. Then, once that is done, cut taxes accordingly.

how about we just cut spending and leave the taxes alone ?
Whichever. Then we'll see how popular it is going forward.

The concept of 'FREE' money fits right in with this topic. In Canada we receive a lot more free money than Americans do and that's directly related to democracy and taxation. In America's case, more taxation by the Democratic party.

Taxation is good! That's a general principle that can't be argued. And when taxes are applied correctly and fairly to both the richest and the poorest, the later result is FREE money. Canadians can talk from experience, as we have the highest 'quality of life' in the entire world. This is due to equitable taxation of the people in good times so that the FREE money can flow back to the people in hard times.

And so why would any American talk in a derogatory way about taxation?

Isn't the real problem the lack of equitable taxation of the wealthiest? Can it be equitable when two of the top billionaires have the equivalent of half the country's poorest people?

The FREE money in that instance is the money the billionaires were permitted to earn without having to pay their bills to the people who earned it for them, and they also didn't pay the bill to the country that provided them the opportunity to earn their huge hordes of money.

Ask me how it works Americans. It's been kept a secret from the American people for far too long!
The wealthy get soaked like a garden hose, and half the country pays no income tax. It is rational to wonder how earned money is getting spent. As previous posts have stated, blue states harvest taxes in every way imaginable, and the schools and the roads are still terrible. That is why middle class people are leaving those states, which will create an interesting downward spiral of these tax heavy areas.
People and more importantly BUSINESSES are leaving New York City and California like never before! Goldman Sachs is in the process of moving it's headquarters from New York City to Florida. It's a move that is estimated to cost NYC 8 billion dollars! That's just one company. Think of all the others that have already gone out of business or have already moved to a more business friendly State! Liberals are about to wake up to the realization that their policies have created economic "dead zones" throughout the nation and people are fleeing those areas in droves!
I don't know about New York but I know that California is a highly attractive state to live in. I'm comparing it to some of the ugly christian dust bowl states.

People who can afford to live in California will stay there and those that can't afford it will have either leave or get used to having to pay for the privilege.

And fwiw, Oregon and Washington state are also very desirable places to live. Go figure!

Raise the issue again when California gives a sh-t what redneck whiners do.
California IS a beautiful State! I completely agree with that. What you'll have to explain then is why more people are LEAVING a beautiful place like California than are going there! Only one reason I can think of...liberal policies have made California an undesirable place to live. Have you ever been to Texas? It doesn't compare to Cali when it comes to beauty yet companies and individuals are leaving California for Texas in DROVES!

Companies or corporations do what's best for their bottom line but that's not necessarily good for anybody else.
People who can afford to live in California will likely stay there for the quality of life the state offers.

Your complaint could be said to be that California doesn't favour some industry over individual people. Liberal policies in California perhaps favour wealthy people more that the ordinary working people. But California still holds the highest population of working people by far.

Some leave and some stay but it hasn't been reflected by any significant decline in their population.

My province of British Columbia is somewhat the same in some ways. Poor people aren't trying to move to the highly desirable coast region.

The temperature is 7C today and it's not likely to go much below 0C for the rest of the winter.
You obviously aren't up to date on what's going on in California, Donald! Liberals there were trying to pass a "wealth tax". Not an income tax but a tax on individual's assets. If you don't think that's something that will be having California's wealthy hitting the road...get this! That "wealth tax" would apply to those wealthy people for 10 years AFTER THEY'VE LEFT THE STATE!!! Liberal politicians grasp that their attempts to tax the rich aren't working and that if they continue down that road then wealthy individuals are going to claim residency in another State. This tax on the wealth of people who no longer even LIVE in California simply illustrates that the left now is beginning to understand that the rich are NOT going to give them their assets willingly.
Taxation...the price we pay for civilization.
Bull shit

The American system is designed to allow huge wealth to be accumulated in the hands of the very wealthy. Income inequality!
In this 21st. century a country's wealth must be spread around to it's people or unrest and political strife will reign.
America is the richest country in the world and has been able to absorb the danger of allowing huge income inequality, but it can no longer do so.
That has brought Trump and his lies about doing something about it for the working class.

And now with China having the power to compete, America's profits are cut into and being eliminated, so that the huge income inequality can't continue to steal the working class share of the pie.

Now it's just a question of how long the fight will go on with the wealthy trying to maintain their huge wealth, while the working people struggle to survive.

Thus, great problems of racism as the black population are blamed. Along with America's quality of life being diminished down to the point where violence and revolution is being considered.

The American system is strong enough to endure for quite some time yet with the working people being brainwashed and propagandized into believing it's their fault that they suffer. But regardless, the situation for working people will get so dire that the breaking free will come eventually.

The truly free world has moved on and has left America's people behind. We have a right to laugh at America and to mock it's self-imposed failures.

Forum List

Back