Dem Rep. Quigley on Taxes: ‘If You Love This Country, One of the Things You Do Is Pay Your Fair Share’

You can only sue the department or city if the conduct of the officer was a result of policy. It’s called the Monell doctrine.

I doubt you’re going to find a department with a policy for making up probable cause to search your car.

Even if you could sue, you aren’t going to be able to prove it. The police will get away with whatever they want.

If they fine or arrest you, sure you can sue for it if they had no legitimate reason to search your car.

That was a long time ago so I really don't remember. I can Google to see if they have a copy of it online for you.
so you dont even keep up with the rules of your own profession??

if I'm not mistaken that is the standing rule and has always been since the beginning of the federal CDL requirements,,

so you dont even keep up with the rules of your own profession??

if I'm not mistaken that is the standing rule and has always been since the beginning of the federal CDL requirements,,

DOT stopping us for no reason has been going on since I joined the profession. It's not something you sign, it's just the way it is.

Elected officials decide taxes.
Voters decide elected officials.
Voters decide taxes.

If they fine or arrest you, sure you can sue for it if they had no legitimate reason to search your car.

You can sue basically anyone for basically anything.

The question is whether the courts will hear the case.

How do you prove a cop didn’t smell marijuana?

Evidently not, maybe the benefits also play into the equation too.
Best wages ever exist today. What doesn't is a desire to use skills and do the actual job. Demofks handing money out for free will do that. Demofks world vision is annihilating the world population.

You can sue basically anyone for basically anything.

The question is whether the courts will hear the case.

How do you prove a cop didn’t smell marijuana?
one can always have their day in court if they are ticketed. And, if the officer doesn't show up, the ticket is dismissed.

So you’re basically saying that police aren’t violating your civil rights because you willfully give them up so that they won’t be violated. That is, without a doubt, some incredibly stupid logic.

LEARN TO READ AND STOP PUTTING WORDS IN PEOPLE'S MOUTHS.

I said that I've never had a cop violate any right of mine probably because I don't give them any reason and am fair and respectful with them and they always reciprocate. Try it some time. Cops are human beings too and if it is your intention to scream, threaten and fight with them, you'll get what you deserve.

It does indeed bother me when police are allowed to fabricate a cause to violate our right to privacy.

That should bother any American.
you are all for Trump being accused of taking classified documents and there is no evidence of such a thing. yet you don't want that same treatment because...............................it's you? too fking funny. You are only for it if it's a rival person right?

I said that I've never had a cop violate any right of mine probably because I don't give them any reason
There’s a serious problem with your statement.

There is NO reason the police ever get to violate anyone’s rights.

Our rights are not contingent on being polite to cops. Our rights are not contingent on being respectful to cops. Our rights are not contingent on voluntarily submitting to their requests.

There’s a serious problem with your statement.

There is NO reason the police ever get to violate anyone’s rights.

Our rights are not contingent on being polite to cops. Our rights are not contingent on being respectful to cops. Our rights are not contingent on voluntarily submitting to their requests.

Fine. You run with that and try telling it to the police next time as they beat your head in idiot.

Where is this right to privacy written? Imagine how dangerous the roads would be if police could not pull us over and check we are sober enough to operate a vehicle.

I'm a retired truck driver. State troopers and DOT cops pull us over for no reason whatsoever, but only to check you out. They go inside of your trailer, demand to see all your paperwork, look inside the cab if they desire, and I've had them under the hood of the truck. Ask why you got pulled over and they just reply "because I felt like it."
well the answer is this, they are driving on public roads, those roads don't belong to them, they are allowed to use the roads as long as they obey the laws enacted by their state and local municipalities. Cops patrol those roads and anyone can be questioned who choose to use them. It's why they have a job. So yes one forfeits their rights if they violate their use of them. Your car is not your house on your property, it is on the public's property and suspicious behavior will incite a search. Don't speed, don't run red lights or stop signs, don't drive erratically. It's actually quite simple.

Forum List

Back