Dem Rep. Quigley on Taxes: ‘If You Love This Country, One of the Things You Do Is Pay Your Fair Share’

You should care. We have rights for a reason. It’s wrong that you’re willing to give them up so easily.
nope, not in public. there is no right to health and safety. You certainly don't understand the concepts of society.

There is NO reason the police ever get to violate anyone’s rights.
when you are out in public, you have forfeited many of your rights to exist within the architecture of society. There are the rules our republic operates under. violate any of society's rules and you forfeit your rights immediately.

LEARN TO READ AND STOP PUTTING WORDS IN PEOPLE'S MOUTHS.

I said that I've never had a cop violate any right of mine probably because I don't give them any reason and am fair and respectful with them and they always reciprocate. Try it some time. Cops are human beings too and if it is your intention to scream, threaten and fight with them, you'll get what you deserve.
again, once he steps foot in public he has forfeited many of his rights. Just for walking down a street. One must observe every sign, every posted ordinance. He thinks because it's him, he doesn't have to adjust his own rules.

You should care. We have rights for a reason. It’s wrong that you’re willing to give them up so easily.

And if those rights are violated then there is recourse in our justice system. If you find no satisfactory solution there, then your rights were never violated.

well the answer is this, they are driving on public roads, those roads don't belong to them, they are allowed to use the roads as long as they obey the laws enacted by their state and local municipalities. Cops patrol those roads and anyone can be questioned who choose to use them. It's why they have a job. So yes one forfeits their rights if they violate their use of them. Your car is not your house on your property, it is on the public's property and suspicious behavior will incite a search. Don't speed, don't run red lights or stop signs, don't drive erratically. It's actually quite simple.

Tell me about it, I did it for a living most of my life. Never had a problem. Did I run into assholes along the way, sure I did. But I didn't take my grievance out on the road. One time I contacted my state Rep about my experience at a weight station and sent a copy to the Governor. The two guys in question that treated me less than respectful were never seen again at that weigh station. That's how you handle things.

And if those rights are violated then there is recourse in our justice system. If you find no satisfactory solution there, then your rights were never violated.
Circular logic. One assumes the system works.

It doesn’t. The conservative courts have been whittling away our rights for decades now.

There’s a serious problem with your statement.

There is NO reason the police ever get to violate anyone’s rights.

Our rights are not contingent on being polite to cops. Our rights are not contingent on being respectful to cops. Our rights are not contingent on voluntarily submitting to their requests.

Maybe not but if you don't treat them like a fellow human being then don't expect any breaks from them either.

Circular logic. One assumes the system works.

It doesn’t. The conservative courts have been whittling away our rights for decades now.
that's hilarious that you don't even know how our society functions.

You have been in circular logic for your life I see.

Maybe not but if you don't treat them like a fellow human being then don't expect any breaks from them either.
I expect them to follow the law. The fact that “breaks” are part of the equation is a problem.

These are the cracks that system problems seep into.

You can sue basically anyone for basically anything.

The question is whether the courts will hear the case.

How do you prove a cop didn’t smell marijuana?

If you're the only one in the car you can take a drug test to show there was no possible way you were smoking as pot stays in your system for several weeks.

If you're the only one in the car you can take a drug test to show there was no possible way you were smoking as pot stays in your system for several weeks.
That does not prevent the cop from saying they genuinely thought they smelled pot. After all, police can make honest mistakes and they’re not prosecuted for it.

I expect them to follow the law. The fact that “breaks” are part of the equation is a problem.

Police officers always had discretion when pulling somebody over for a traffic violation. They don't have to give you a speeding ticket because they caught you speeding. They can issue a verbal warning, a written warning, a ticket, and yes, even arrest you for it.

What I realize is these people are out there just trying to do their job. They don't need some asshole making their job harder. If you're going to make their job harder, then yes, it will reflect when they decide on what action to take against you.

Marener , you don't even know what law they must follow. They are sworn in to uphold laws being broken. They were asked to be a judge on the street. Mischief will get you noticed.

That does not prevent the cop from saying they genuinely thought they smelled pot. After all, police can make honest mistakes and they’re not prosecuted for it.
the fk they aren't. the fact you just made that statement tells me you are a troll. Marener is a troll everyone. doesn't know the law or the cops rights to fulfill them. He thinks the cops don't have rights, only he has rights. too fking funny.

You can be sure the officers superior will hear about it and they won't be happy. But police have better things to do than look to harass somebody. There is plenty of crime and law violators out there that they don't need to make up any.

You can be sure the officers superior will hear about it and they won't be happy. But police have better things to do than look to harass somebody. There is plenty of crime and law violators out there that they don't need to make up any.
Marener doesn't know that if he drives one mile over the speed limit he can be detained. It's hilarious watching the troll work this thread. He's avoiding me as well. Notice any response from him to me? I won. I tore him down.

I’m not at all sure the superior will be unhappy about it.

Your excuses suck. Police have way too much power and far too little accountability.

So far I can be assured my rights won’t be violated because they “have better things to do”, which they do but they don’t do that shit either, and their “superiors will be mad” for some reason and “I can sue” which I can’t.

It’s broken.

I’m not at all sure the superior will be unhappy about it.

Your excuses suck. Police have way too much power and far too little accountability.

So far I can be assured my rights won’t be violated because they “have better things to do”, which they do but they don’t do that shit either, and their “superiors will be mad” for some reason and “I can sue” which I can’t.

It’s broken.
yet you stated you've never had your rights violated. Hmmmmmmmmm Marener

Forum List

Back