Defund the Police? How about Defund Professional Sports?

Surprisingly ... pro sports get a huge amount of revenue from TV rights ... and the TV networks make very little money off most of these broadcasts, in some cases they broadcast games at a loss ...

Prove it or withdraw the claim.

I already got a refund for my NFL season tickets and have stopped following. To many other things to do. I guess in a way I’ve defunded them. Yea I know Liberals, they won’t miss my measly $1500 and lack of viewership. That’s OK, the important thing is my money isn’t going to support a false social justice narrative. They can still play and I keep my money and enjoy other activities. Both sides win I guess.
nor really--the blacks lose--because the problem is not fixed

Negroes aren't remotely interested in "fixing" anything...

View attachment 382163

Hey “Professional athletes”….Shut up and do your job. Your job, for which you are paid VERY WELL, no, let me rephrase that….for which you are OVER PAID, is to play the sport you were hired to play. Yes, that’s right, you were HIRED to play a sport. Not to protest societal issues. You are paid by your fans who expect you to perform in the athletic event you are supposed to be good at. I, as a spectator pay good, hard earned money, for now, to watch you entertain me. When you chose not to do your job in lieu of staging a boycott, you are boycotting the people who pay your grotesquely obscene salaries and deny them the right to that entertainment. I for one as a spectator, each time a scheduled game does not appear because you chose to take a day off under the guise of “protest” am realizing more and more that I can get along just fine without your entertainment. You probably subscribe to the old adage; “No justice no peace”. Well maybe you should consider the ramifications of a new adage; “ No fans, NO SALARY” That’s right. Continue with your nonsense and you won’t have enough fans to support your ridiculous salaries. Then you’ll have plenty of time to protest and boycott, because you will be out of a job.

Wise up, there are plenty of athletes currently not quite good enough to fill your shoes at the salary you are paid. But they are certainly good enough to entertain and are just dying to get the opportunity, and I venture a guess, would be willing to keep their mouth shut at work to get the chance.

Perhaps sports fans everywhere should just stop supporting your salaries, stop paying absurd ticket prices, stop paying for ridiculously priced cable sports packages, stop buying over-priced sports apparel and memorabilia, stop supporting YOU. Perhaps we, as fans, should boycott YOU and DEFUND PROFESSIONAL SPORTS.

Hey, “Professional athletes”, shut up and just do it, your job that is.
View attachment 382163

Hey “Professional athletes”….Shut up and do your job. Your job, for which you are paid VERY WELL, no, let me rephrase that….for which you are OVER PAID, is to play the sport you were hired to play. Yes, that’s right, you were HIRED to play a sport. Not to protest societal issues. You are paid by your fans who expect you to perform in the athletic event you are supposed to be good at. I, as a spectator pay good, hard earned money, for now, to watch you entertain me. When you chose not to do your job in lieu of staging a boycott, you are boycotting the people who pay your grotesquely obscene salaries and deny them the right to that entertainment. I for one as a spectator, each time a scheduled game does not appear because you chose to take a day off under the guise of “protest” am realizing more and more that I can get along just fine without your entertainment. You probably subscribe to the old adage; “No justice no peace”. Well maybe you should consider the ramifications of a new adage; “ No fans, NO SALARY” That’s right. Continue with your nonsense and you won’t have enough fans to support your ridiculous salaries. Then you’ll have plenty of time to protest and boycott, because you will be out of a job.

Wise up, there are plenty of athletes currently not quite good enough to fill your shoes at the salary you are paid. But they are certainly good enough to entertain and are just dying to get the opportunity, and I venture a guess, would be willing to keep their mouth shut at work to get the chance.

Perhaps sports fans everywhere should just stop supporting your salaries, stop paying absurd ticket prices, stop paying for ridiculously priced cable sports packages, stop buying over-priced sports apparel and memorabilia, stop supporting YOU. Perhaps we, as fans, should boycott YOU and DEFUND PROFESSIONAL SPORTS.

Sports Arenas are also publicly subsidized by taxpayers. We should demand our money back

What a charming host..... :rolleyes:

People must be lined up around the block to go to your house so they can sit in an empty room and listen to some nut pontificate for hours on how much he fears black people. What a fun time.

I'm guessing you don't do a whole lot of entertaining.

You know what's funny? The idea that the only way to be an entertaining host is to put on a football game.

How fucking stupid...

I already got a refund for my NFL season tickets and have stopped following. To many other things to do. I guess in a way I’ve defunded them. Yea I know Liberals, they won’t miss my measly $1500 and lack of viewership. That’s OK, the important thing is my money isn’t going to support a false social justice narrative. They can still play and I keep my money and enjoy other activities. Both sides win I guess.

Racists ^^^ should really confine their racist nonsense to the Race Relations forum.

BLM is a violent racist hate group and teams and players who endorse them should be boycotted.
Corporations that make endorsement deals with BLM Supporters should also be boycotted.
BLM has blood on its hands.
The proper way to handle a police incident is to have an investigation, a grand jury, an indictment, a trial and a verdict.
BLM is just a racist lynch mob attacking mainstream society.
BLM and Antifa are responsible for many murders and $billions$ in damages.

People must be lined up around the block to go to your house so they can sit in an empty room and listen to some nut pontificate for hours on how much he fears black people. What a fun time.

You know what's funny? The idea that the only way to be an entertaining host is to put on a football game.

Who said "the only way," besides you?

Racists ^^^ should really confine their racist nonsense to the Race Relations forum.

So when are you going to leave and go there? You're the one who always talks about race.

nothing racist about what he said
YOU people have crazy definitions

View attachment 382163

View attachment 382163

Sports Arenas are also publicly subsidized by taxpayers. We should demand our money back
good call --they are giving tax $$$$ to political groups/etc

Your post suggested that, unless the Browns game was put on the television, the only other activity would be to sit in an empty room.

That suggestion is stupid, yet you made it, and you know you made it...

What did I say that was, in any way, racist?

...You are paid by your fans....

That is not true.
It most certainly is true.

He says, and then immediately admits...

...fans do not directly write the check that Pro Athletes deposit to their bank accounts, the team owners do....

You could have just responded to my post with "you're right," and left it at that.
Oh, but you were not right. As trolls often do, you chose to quote only that part of my reply that fit your ignorant narrative. Was it too had to extrapilate the path the money takes from fan to player? I will try again, this time in simpler terms. Without the fan support (their money) going into the Team owners bank account, the Team owner would not have the funds to pay the players......ergo( that means "therefore") the fans infact do pay the players salaries, albiet (that means "although") indirectly. I NEVER said the fans DIRECTLY pay the salaries. Try again.

Surprisingly ... pro sports get a huge amount of revenue from TV rights ... and the TV networks make very little money off most of these broadcasts, in some cases they broadcast games at a loss ...

"According to Statista, the NFL will collect $54.6 billion from TV contracts with FOX (runs from 2014-2022), CBS (2014-2022), NBC (2014-2022), ESPN (2014-2021) and DirecTV (2015-2022)."

"TV is the Biggest Driver of Global Sports Revenue" --- Global Sports Matters --- March 7th, 2019 ...

So when are you going to leave and go there? You're the one who always talks about race.

I post on that forum all the time. And, are you denying that you whine about "them neeegrows!" here all the time?

"According to Statista, the NFL will collect $54.6 billion from TV contracts with FOX (runs from 2014-2022), CBS (2014-2022), NBC (2014-2022), ESPN (2014-2021) and DirecTV (2015-2022)."

"TV is the Biggest Driver of Global Sports Revenue" --- Global Sports Matters --- March 7th, 2019 ...

Where's the part that says the networks make no money on all this? Good luck looking for it.

nothing racist about what he said
YOU people have crazy definitions

Who are "YOU people"?

Your post suggested that, unless the Browns game was put on the television, the only other activity would be to sit in an empty room.

My post did NOT suggest that.

Proven.....well done. Of course, being that a troll challenged the comment, his rebuttal will probably be that $54.6 Billion is not a huge amount of revenue.

Forum List

Back