Death through sin, life thought Christ

it is only that you wish so, not God
If he did not wish it all he had to do was save one man. One man who had spent his entire life as a faithful servant to your “God” and adherent to His teachings. The most truly decent and faithful man I’ve ever known.

I could have dealt with the Hellish horror of a life I’d been presented with. I deserve a lot of it. My father did not. Yet at the moment in his life when he would finally be able to start enjoying things for himself rather than making sure everyone else was taken care of, his/your “God” abandoned him to three years of pain and misery as he withered away and died.

your answer
Revelation 1:18 (NKJV) I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
So your god was dead and then came back to life? Who was in his place while he himself was dead? For three days there was no god?

Allah is still an angry, jealous vengeful God to so many it's not an improvement.
Should an employer pay an equal amount to the person who works for him and to the person who doesn't work for him at all?

If he did not wish it all he had to do was save one man. One man who had spent his entire life as a faithful servant to your “God” and adherent to His teachings. The most truly decent and faithful man I’ve ever known.

I could have dealt with the Hellish horror of a life I’d been presented with. I deserve a lot of it. My father did not. Yet at the moment in his life when he would finally be able to start enjoying things for himself rather than making sure everyone else was taken care of, his/your “God” abandoned him to three years of pain and misery as he withered away and died.
You keep reframing as God's fault, it is called life, choose life wisely less pain

So I CHOSE the genetic issues that affect me every day? I chose seizures, migraines, glaucoma, and a major birth defect that cannot be corrected?

That’s news to me.
learn to live better improve your life seek Christ

learn to live better improve your life seek Christ
Some people sought Christ with all the innocent sincerity of a child. Instead they found hypocrites, busybodies, money grubbers, pedophiles and other assorted monsters. What do you say to them?

Why bother listening to the edicts of a deity who doesn’t give a fuck about us to begin with?
Because God is a sovereign God
Matthew 7:11-12 (NKJV) If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Some people sought Christ with all the innocent sincerity of a child. Instead they found hypocrites, busybodies, money grubbers, pedophiles and other assorted monsters. What do you say to them?
Welcome to man's world, a look at sin

Of all of Christ's teaching, very few allude to him being a deity. Yet for some reason Paul (and others who never met Jesus) decided that belief in this single factor is the key into entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Why don't his other teachings matter?

That's a really interesting post.

This bit of history may or may not be related.

Constantine (232-327 CE) brought Christianity to the Roman Empire, and believed that religious disputes and controversies brought with them instability, preferring where possible to establish an orthodoxy, so he brought 300 bishops to the Council of Nicaea, May 20, 325.The immediate reason for the Council was the dispute between Arius, an Alexandrian priest, and his bishop in 306. Arius argues that Christ could not be divine, but was an intermediary of God. In 320, Arius was excommunicated- but his ideas continued to spread. At the Council, Constantine tried to find a compromise, but the emperor carried out his earlier statement: everybody who refuses to endorse the Creed will be exiled. Arius, Theonas, and Secundus refused to adhere to the creed, and were thus exiled to Illyria, in addition to being excommunicated. The works of Arius were ordered to be confiscated and consigned to the flames while all persons found possessing them were to be executed. A later council supported the Monophysite position: the nature of Christ contained no difference between human and devine, on a single-natured (Monophysite) Jesus.

[The Arian Baptistry in Ravenna, Italy was erected by Ostrogothic King Theodoric the Great between the end of the 5th century and the beginning of the sixth century. In the central mosaic, the Arian view of Jesus is shown: he is baptized in the Jordan by John, and only at that moment does he achieve divinity:]
1649542139410.png

See "Justinian's Flea," Rosen

Last edited:

Forum List

Back