Ask about Islam

Uranus

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2022
I am a Muslim and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about Islam.

(I do not read, let alone answer, any obscene or offensive [in terms of language] posts, though.)

Why this?
moses 2.jpg

Why this?
It is God's command and it has been since the time of Abraham, who circumcised himself when he was 80 years old. All messengers after him were circumcised, including Jesus (peace be upon him).

We do not know all the wisdom behind God's commands so there is no simplistic answer as to why circumcision is part of Islam other than that it is a command of God.

A hadith (a prophetic narration) says: "Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Ibrahim (peace be upon him) circumcised himself when he was eighty years old, and he circumcised himself with an adze.” (Sahih al-Bukhari)

Circumcision is obligatory for men and for women it is not obligatory, though some scholars view it as obligatory even for women.

A great benefit of it is purity. In Islam cleanliness is highly valued and if a person fails to clean his private parts for each ritual washing before prayer, his prayer is invalid.

For women the main benefit is the reducing of sexual desire.

Is it true that Muhammad was a pedophile?
No. Pedophilia is an illness where a person desires sexually little children. it is an obsession. The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)married Aisha, who was reportedly 9 years old when she moved in to live with him. However, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)[aside for being far above in character for such to be even suggested by anyone who knows about him] was married for 25 years to a woman 15 years older than him and when he was married to Aisha, he was also married to multiple other women, none of whom were nearly as young as Aisha. Many of them were widows.

Not to even bring up the fact that such early marriage was common all over the world back then and was still a century or two ago.

It is God's command and it has been since the time of Abraham, who circumcised himself when he was 80 years old. All messengers after him were circumcised, including Jesus (peace be upon him).

We do not know all the wisdom behind God's commands so there is no simplistic answer as to why circumcision is part of Islam other than that it is a command of God.

A hadith (a prophetic narration) says: "Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Ibrahim (peace be upon him) circumcised himself when he was eighty years old, and he circumcised himself with an adze.” (Sahih al-Bukhari)

Circumcision is obligatory for men and for women it is not obligatory, though some scholars view it as obligatory even for women.

A great benefit of it is purity. In Islam cleanliness is highly valued and if a person fails to clean his private parts for each ritual washing before prayer, his prayer is invalid.

Nope, not about dicks but oil.

I ask this with great respect for your faith…

If Islam and its prophets show such respect and often deference to the prophets of the other two Abrahamic religions, why is there such a significant call in certain parts of the Islamic faith to see these other faiths and their adherents converted or crushed?

If Islam is the religion of peace, why is there so much hate and violence?
Do you ever feel ashamed of all the hate and violence?
Why do Muslims think that they are victims if they commit so much violence against innocent people?
whysomuchhateandviolence.JPG

I am a Muslim and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about Islam.

(I do not read, let alone answer, any obscene or offensive [in terms of language] posts, though.)
There have been claims recently that Islam is a feminist religion, but chapter 4 of the Quran states that a woman’s testimony is worth half of a man’s, male heirs are to receive twice the inheritance of female heirs and husbands have the right to beat disobedient wives. Does this sound feminist to anyone?

Do women get circumcised?

I ask this with great respect for your faith…

If Islam and its prophets show such respect and often deference to the prophets of the other two Abrahamic religions, why is there such a significant call in certain parts of the Islamic faith to see these other faiths and their adherents converted or crushed?
Muslims consider said prophets and messengers to be Muslims. They don't consider them the Prophets of those other religions, per se.

The reason they should convert to Islam is that Islam came with the newest revelation. The same way you expect people to follow the most recent traffic laws instead of the old abrogated ones, Muslims expect that the followers of Judaism and Christianity will follow the new law and the latest prophet instead of the old abrogated laws.

There is no need for Muslims to crush them, but for sure the worst punishment possible is in the hereafter.

Forum List

Back