Dear Ted Cruz

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Dear Ted Cruz,

This is an open letter that you'll probably never read, and essentially I'm more than likely wasting keystrokes here. But who cares. So here goes.

On Fox News Sunday, Chris Wallace successfully caught you red handed on your campaign's shady tactics. It's funny too, when you did get caught, you responded with "I don't recall you asking Donald Trump these questions" or "thanks for reading the Trump attack file" when he listed off the incidents that your campaign or your Super PACs were involved in. To be fair, one was a Super PAC. But that doesn't excuse the rest.

Those alleged tactics included:

1) Sending tweets out during the Iowa Caucuses saying that Ben Carson had suspended his campaign, when he didn't.

2) Sending out mailers to Iowa voters which resembled a government document accusing them of "voting violations."

3) A Super PAC which claimed to be supporting you attacking Donald Trump over his support for removing the Confederate flag from the South Carolina capitol grounds.

4) Your then campaign manager posting a link to a video supposedly showing Marco Rubio disrespecting the Bible. Which turned out to be false.

After Wallace had finished with the list, he asked "Question, do you take personal responsibility — this is your campaign except for the super PAC — do you take personal responsibility for this series of incidents? What does it say about the culture of the campaign you’re running?"

You replied, "Chris, every accusation you raised there is incorrect,” you continued, “I appreciate your reading the Donald Trump attack file on that.”

Dude. Cruz. You're killin' me here. First, you have the gall to say those things are false, even after you apologized to Ben Carson on the debate stage for the tweets, and after firing your campaign manager for his antics regarding Rubio? Seriously?

Second, you had the gall to accuse Chris Wallace of reading the "Donald Trump attack file." Listen, Wallace has been in the journalism business for 52 YEARS. You weren't even a gleam in your parents eyes when he began his career in 1964. You accused him of something he didn't do. Nothing about Chris Wallace strikes me as the type who would do something so shady and underhanded. So, with that in mind, don't whine when you get caught lying on national television, and don't take it out on innocent journalists.

Third, and lastly, rethink yourself when you say "Our campaign from the beginning has been the highest level of integrity" because just like Trump's, yours has no integrity whatsoever.

Sincerely,

A voter who doesn't care anymore

Last edited:
I saw that today. Cruz lost it, he couldn't handle Wallace calling him out on his unethical tactics. He is scum.

A politician engaging in dirty tactics in a campaign? Heaven forfend!

Dear Ted Cruz,

This is an open letter that you'll probably never read, and essentially I'm more than likely wasting keystrokes here. But who cares. So here goes.

On Fox News Sunday, Chris Wallace successfully caught you red handed on your campaign's shady tactics. It's funny too, when you did get caught, you responded with "I don't recall you asking Donald Trump these questions or "thanks for reading the Trump attack file" when he listed off the incidents that your campaign or your Super PACs were involved in. To be fair, one was a Super PAC. But that doesn't excuse the rest.

1) Sending tweets out during the Iowa Caucuses saying that Ben Carson had suspended his campaign, when he didn't.

2) Sending out mailers to Iowa voters which resembled a government document accusing them of "voting violations."

3) A Super PAC which claimed to be supporting you attacking Donald Trump over his support for removing the Confederate flag from the South Carolina capitol grounds.

4) Your campaign manager posting a link to a video supposedly showing Marco Rubio disrespecting the Bible. Which turned out to be false.

After Wallace had finished with the list, he asked "Question, do you take personal responsibility — this is your campaign except for the super PAC — do you take personal responsibility for this series of incidents? What does it say about the culture of the campaign you’re running?"

You replied, "Chris, every accusation you raised there is incorrect,” you continued, “I appreciate your reading the Donald Trump attack file on that.”

Dude. Cruz. You're killin' me here. First, you have the gall to say those things are false, even after you apologized to Ben Carson on the debate stage for the tweets, and after firing your campaign manager for his antics regarding Rubio? Seriously?

Second, you had the gall to accuse Chris Wallace of reading the "Donald Trump attack file." Listen, Wallace has been in the journalism business for 52 YEARS. You weren't even a gleam in your parents eyes when he began his career in 1964. You accused him of something he didn't do. Nothing about Chris Wallace strikes me as the type who would do something so shady and underhanded. So, with that in mind, don't whine when you get caught lying on national television, and don't take it out on innocent journalists.

Third, and lastly, rethink yourself when you say "Our campaign from the beginning has been the highest level of integrity" because just like Trump's, yours has no integrity whatsoever.

Sincerely,

Twitter this posr as a link to Cruz.. Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) | Twitter Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) | Twitter

Put a dot before his name .@tedcruz and his followers will see it. Spam the shit out of that Canadian criminal.

Cruz has no control over the super PACs. No candidate controls super PACs. They would be violating the law if they did.

He took responsibility for the rubio video.

There is nothing dirty about tweeting to get Carson voters when CNN announced he was going home. Rubio did the same thing. Oddly that's ignored.

And if those things did bother you, then there is no reason to vote for Trump who has done far worse. Has Cruz ever instructed the crowd assault people for disagreeing with him? Has he tried to blackmail elderly women for donating an anto Cruz super PAC? Has he threatened revenge against his enemies when he gets elected?

Sorry I'm standing with the constitution. Elect a despot if you want. I won't vote for him

Dear Ted Cruz,

On Fox News Sunday, Chris Wallace successfully caught you red handed on your campaign's shady tactics. It's funny too, when you did get caught, you responded with "I don't recall you asking Donald Trump these questions" or "thanks for reading the Trump attack file" when he listed off the incidents that your campaign or your Super PACs were involved in. To be fair, one was a Super PAC. But that doesn't excuse the rest.

4) Your campaign manager posting a link to a video supposedly showing Marco Rubio disrespecting the Bible. Which turned out to be false.

Sincerely,

i posted the vid on levins FB. lol im sure he will love it.

Cruz has no control over the super PACs. No candidate controls super PACs. They would be violating the law if they did.

And, I pointed that out. Read my post more carefully.

He took responsibility for the rubio video.

And then stated on Fox News Sunday in front of millions of viewers, that the accusations about the video (and the other incidents) were false. No sir. Watch the video.

There is nothing dirty about tweeting to get Carson voters when CNN announced he was going home.

No. He outright lied.

Ted Cruz falsely says campaign simply 'forwarded' CNN's report on Ben Carson

And if those things did bother you, then there is no reason to vote for Trump who has done far worse.

It surprises me to see you justifying Cruz's behavior. And trust me, I'm not voting for Cruz. Listen, the severity of this misbehavior is irrelevant, to engage in it in any form speaks to the character of the person who chose to engage in it--Cruz, Trump, Rubio--it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Dear Ted Cruz,

On Fox News Sunday, Chris Wallace successfully caught you red handed on your campaign's shady tactics. It's funny too, when you did get caught, you responded with "I don't recall you asking Donald Trump these questions or "thanks for reading the Trump attack file" when he listed off the incidents that your campaign or your Super PACs were involved in. To be fair, one was a Super PAC. But that doesn't excuse the rest.

Sincerely,

Twitter this posr as a link to Cruz.. Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) | Twitter Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) | Twitter

Put a dot before his name .@tedcruz and his followers will see it. Spam the shit out of that Canadian criminal.

If anyone wants to splay this OP out into the vastness of the twitterverse, be my guest.

Dear Ted Cruz,

4) Your then campaign manager posting a link to a video supposedly showing Marco Rubio disrespecting the Bible. Which turned out to be false.

Sincerely,

So one of the 4, Cruz might of had foreknowledge of 1, he can't control the pack, he fired his employee when he found out what he did and the tweet was sent by a volunteer while Cruz was preparing to give a speech. I don't know for sure whether or not he approved the get out the vote mailer, so I'll give you that one, which is kind of weak to begin with.

Dear Ted Cruz,

Sincerely,

So one of the 4, Cruz might of had foreknowledge of 1, he can't control the pack, he fired his employee when he found out what he did and the tweet was sent by a volunteer while Cruz was preparing to give a speech. I don't know for sure whether or not he approved the get out the vote mailer, so I'll give you that one, which is kind of weak to begin with.

He can't control the PAC. I know, I said it in the OP. "To be fair, one of them was a Super PAC."

Despite that, he said all of those things were false. He categorically denied that any of those things happened under his campaign's watch. On national television. That's simply unbelievable.

So according to Cruz, his communications director never distributed that video of Rubio, nor did he fire him for it, or that his campaign never sent tweets out deceiving voters into thinking Carson had suspended his campaign, or that his campaign never sent out an ominous mailer accusing Iowans of "voter violations," or that a PAC never attacked Trump for supposedly supporting the removal of the Confederate flag from the SC capitol (like I said he has no control over a PAC, but even still he denied it).

He took the appropriate actions to remedy the issues. His "approval" is irrelevant. It's the fact denied those events ever took place, and then he had the gumption to accuse Chris Wallace of shilling for Trump.

(Sorry for my excessive use of italics)

Last edited:
Dear Ted Cruz,

Sincerely,

He can't control the PAC. I know, I said it in the OP. "To be fair, one of them was a Super PAC."

Despite that, he said all of those things were false. He categorically denied that any of those things happened under his campaign's watch. On national television. That's simply unbelievable.

So according to Cruz, his communications director never distributed that video of Rubio, nor did he fire him for it, or that his campaign never sent tweets out deceiving voters into thinking Carson had suspended his campaign, or that his campaign never sent out an ominous mailer accusing Iowans of "voter violations," or that a PAC never attacked Trump for supposedly supporting the removal of the Confederate flag from the SC capitol (like I said he has no control over a PAC, but even still he denied it).

He took the appropriate actions to remedy the issues. His "approval" is irrelevant. It's the fact denied those events ever took place, and then he had the gumption to accuse Chris Wallace of shilling for Trump.

(Sorry for my excessive use of italics)

I don't like playing semantics, but Cruz himself didn't do any of it personally. He said it was false when they said he did. When any candidate is flying all over the place there is no way to know everything their staff and volunteers are doing every second of every day. You want to hold it against him, fine, I chose not to, in fact I voted for him last week.

I don't like playing semantics, but Cruz himself didn't do any of it personally.

He didn't have to.

He said it was false when they said he did. When any candidate is flying all over the place there is no way to know everything their staff and volunteers are doing every second of every day.

True, but it's only fair that he should keep a close leash on people like his communications director. Of all people.

You want to hold it against him, fine, I chose not to, in fact I voted for him last week.

Well, I'm not trying to tell anyone who to vote for. And since you voted for Cruz, more power to you man. I bear no grudges against someone for who they vote for.

But I find it less than statesmanlike that he would unfairly attack a journalist of Wallace's caliber and experience for shilling for another candidate.

images

Even Cruz can't stand his own stink.....

I don't like playing semantics, but Cruz himself didn't do any of it personally. He said it was false when they said he did. When any candidate is flying all over the place there is no way to know everything their staff and volunteers are doing every second of every day. You want to hold it against him, fine, I chose not to, in fact I voted for him last week.

It sounds a bit chaotic to me...how does he plan on controlling the white house without taking any responsibility.?

I don't like playing semantics, but Cruz himself didn't do any of it personally.

He didn't have to.

He said it was false when they said he did. When any candidate is flying all over the place there is no way to know everything their staff and volunteers are doing every second of every day.

True, but it's only fair that he should keep a close leash on people like his communications director. Of all people.

You want to hold it against him, fine, I chose not to, in fact I voted for him last week.

Well, I'm not trying to tell anyone who to vote for. And since you voted for Cruz, more power to you man. I bear no grudges against someone for who they vote for.

But I find it less than statesmanlike that he would unfairly attack a journalist of Wallace's caliber and experience for shilling for another candidate.

You want to talk about false statements, in 2000 Trump said he wouldn't associate with the reform party because of David Duke and a couple of other people. On Friday, he disavowed Duke, then yesterday he said he didn't really know who Duke was. So is Trump senile, stupid or just a liar?

It sounds a bit chaotic to me...how does he plan on controlling the white house without taking any responsibility.?

Cruz has probably 300+ paid staffers around the country and more than 2000 volunteers. The people closest to him should be keeping tabs on the activities of the staffers, how does anyone discipline a volunteer. Evidently he has a better handle on his campaign than the dear leader has in the white house. Hell he has to rely on the news to find things out, he should have fired his senior staff years ago.

Forum List

Back