DC Comics drops “the American way” from Superman slogan

Yes, I grant you that. Are you open to data that challenges your racist assumptions about the "white wing", or is this more of an excuse for your own racism?
I have plenty of data that informs me of the white wing. The Conservative south seceded and went to war to defend slavery. The Conservative south engaged in a hundred years of Jim Crow and segregation after the war. They opposed the Civil Rights act and voting rights act in 64' and 65'. They're dismantling the voting rights act today and their support among minorities is abysmal and their minority representation is even worse. And all this in a time where America has never been so diverse yet the white wing party remains a party of Whites for whites. Period.

I have plenty of data that informs me of the white wing......

It is easy to find data to support your assumptions. You do know about confirmation bias right?

Being open to data that challenges what you already "know", is the real challenge.

I asked a simple question. Are you open to data that challenges your racist assumptions.

Your reaction shows that you are not. Thus we can see that your positions are NOT based on data, but on emotion.

It is easy to find data to support your assumptions. You do know about confirmation bias right?

Being open to data that challenges what you already "know", is the real challenge.

I asked a simple question. Are you open to data that challenges your racist assumptions.

Your reaction shows that you are not. Thus we can see that your positions are NOT based on data, but on emotion.
I presented plenty of data, none of which you addressed, further more, nowhere did I say I wasn't open to new data, I'm just highly skeptical you have any.

I presented plenty of data, none of which you addressed, further more, nowhere did I say I wasn't open to new data, I'm just highly skeptical you have any.

I asked if you were open to data, in the context of modern comic books, and you went off, going all the way back to slavery.

If someone asked me a question like that, my answer would be something along the lines of "yes, let's see what you have".

You did not say, "yes" and you did launch a ranting, raving attack.

You are not open to date. Your position is based on emotion.

Meanwhile in teh real world, comic book readers, who are mostly middle class white guys, have had no problem for generations with "diverse" comic book characters, from Blade to Shang-Chi to Luke Cage to Falcon, ect. ect. ect.

Of course they may be on to something.

Nowadays "the American Way" doesn't mean what it use to mean. It means stolen elections, massive debt, the welfare state, millions of Illegals, filthy wokeness and the loss of individual Liberty.
Now you seem to agree with extremist leftism. What a joke you are.

I asked if you were open to data, in the context of modern comic books, and you went off, going all the way back to slavery.
I was providing you data. I will absolutely address yours when you get around to providing it.
If someone asked me a question like that, my answer would be something along the lines of "yes, let's see what you have".
I believe we've established previously that we are separate individuals.
You did not say, "yes" and you did launch a ranting, raving attack.
That's a personal attack, not a rational response to the points I listed
You are not open to date. Your position is based on emotion.
I provided data, I'm waiting for you to address mine and provide yours. Consider me skeptical that you're capable of either.
Meanwhile in teh real world, comic book readers, who are mostly middle class white guys, have had no problem for generations with "diverse" comic book characters, from Blade to Shang-Chi to Luke Cage to Falcon, ect. ect. ect.
A good portion of middle class white guys are progressive so that doesn't really mean much. The white wing isn't an indictment of all white people it's an indictment of the white right.

I was providing you data. I will absolutely address yours when you get around to providing it.

I believe we've established previously that we are separate individuals.

That's a personal attack, not a rational response to the points I listed

I provided data, I'm waiting for you to address mine and provide yours. Consider me skeptical that you're capable of either.

A good portion of middle class white guys are progressive so that doesn't really mean much. The white wing isn't an indictment of all white people it's an indictment of the white right.

1. My point about your post being "ranting and raving" was not a personal attack. It was descriptive of what you posted.

2. So, you want a political breakdown of comic book readers, to show that the REPUBLICAN ones, are not wacist? I'm not sure if such a study has every been done.

1. My point about your post being "ranting and raving" was not a personal attack. It was descriptive of what you posted.
You are absolutely trying to dismiss my points without actually addressing them because you can't. Lol.
2. So, you want a political breakdown of comic book readers, to show that the REPUBLICAN ones, are not wacist? I'm not sure if such a study has every been done.
Thank you for admitting you have no evidence to support your previous point. Lol.

Support your premise that foreigners would not read an American comic with an American character in it, that makes a refence to "Teh American Way".
Why?
Mayhaps you should take your argument up with DC.
You know, the people making money from this.
The only way they recognize is the MONEY WAY.
And the MONEY WAY says this is the right decision.
NOW
If you and your fellow walkers think you got a better idea then start your own comic company and have your characters promote YOUR American way.
The people who make money on this stuff have made their decision and your only argument is "I'm so angwy!"
Geez!

You are absolutely trying to dismiss my points without actually addressing them because you can't. Lol.

Thank you for admitting you have no evidence to support your previous point. Lol.

You are the one that is just assuming wacism, and cannot support it. Asshole.

Why?
Mayhaps you should take your argument up with DC.
You know, the people making money from this.
The only way they recognize is the MONEY WAY.
And the MONEY WAY says this is the right decision.
NOW
If you and your fellow walkers think you got a better idea then start your own comic company and have your characters promote YOUR American way.
The people who make money on this stuff have made their decision and your only argument is "I'm so angwy!"
Geez!

And once again the only defense teh lib has, on a discussion site, is to undermine the concept of discussing events and news stories as though that is not important.

Even though his presence here, and his actions, demonstrates that he obviously does not believe that.

No I'm arguing racism and I provided data that you're not intelligent enough to contest.

Citing slavery is not... data relevant to modern comics.

Modern comic readers and fans have shown complete openness to "diverse" characters for generations.

And once again the only defense teh lib has, on a discussion site, is to undermine the concept of discussing events and news stories as though that is not important.

Even though his presence here, and his actions, demonstrates that he obviously does not believe that.
WTF are you talking about.

The claim is that the DC action will result in fewer readers.
I disagree with this claim and point out that the phrase was NEVER a DC phrase but ws a propaganda bit added by a radio station.
You demand I prove the DC position.

I point out that the people who actually know the business made the decision and THEIR decision to stop using what has become a questionable, perhaps even negative view, on the world stage was not to their benefit.

This whole thing is just another Tiny Minded "conservative" butt hurt of the day.
You know, where you clowns wake up in the morning looking for some "issue" over which to be angry.
Where do you get these issues? That's right, from your GQP managers.
Useful Tiny Minded Querdenken.

Citing slavery is not... data relevant to modern comics.
Lol. You're the one who went off on a tangent and asked me to explain the white wing to you. It's embarrassing that you're crying about being unable to address it intelligently.
Modern comic readers and fans have shown complete openness to "diverse" characters for generations.
And the people open to diversity are not the white wing.

My question to the gays/lesbians, is: "Why the hell can't you just create your own damn characters/superheroes?
James Bond doesn't need to be gay or lesbian. Let ours alone and create your own spy characters.
The same goes for all established superheroes. Let ours be ours and create your own.
It is my personal belief that all that will happen if you change them, is the viewership/readers will just drop off and there will be less profit or a complete loss.

The vast majority of Americans do not care what some comic book does. Are you that dunce to care?

Unbelievable. Is America viewed by leftists and woke companies as so awful a country (the result of CRT indoctrination) that the very mention of its name must be avoided or erased?

New slogan is “truth, justice, and a better tomorrow.”

Let's see now, "woke", "leftists", "CRT"... all the buzz words that get the run-of-the-mill neocon/teabagger/alt right/fibber-tarian/oather frothing at the mouth ... although someone would have to explain to me how CRT and the whole "woke"mantra has to do with eliminating "the American Way" from the Superman pre-amble.

But I digress: If you don't like it, don't buy it. Don't let your kids buy it. Tell your like minded friends....get on local papers and TV. Personally, I don't have kids and I'm WAY too old for comics outside the Sunday newspapers, so it's just something I shake my head at. I would have thought all hell would break loose a decade or so ago when it was announced that Marvel comics was having one of it's characters come out the closet and have a same sex "marriage". Go figure.

WTF are you talking about.

The claim is that the DC action will result in fewer readers.
I disagree with this claim and point out that the phrase was NEVER a DC phrase but ws a propaganda bit added by a radio station.
You demand I prove the DC position.

I point out that the people who actually know the business made the decision and THEIR decision to stop using what has become a questionable, perhaps even negative view, on the world stage was not to their benefit.

This whole thing is just another Tiny Minded "conservative" butt hurt of the day.
You know, where you clowns wake up in the morning looking for some "issue" over which to be angry.
Where do you get these issues? That's right, from your GQP managers.
Useful Tiny Minded Querdenken.

I said nothing about losing readership. Neither did the OP. You are the one that suggested that they did it to appeal to a foreign audience.

And when I pointed out that that made no sense, you responded by attacking the very idea of discussing issues, on a discussion site, that you are on, discussing shit.

So, like I said, your very presence here, and your act of discussing shit, shows that that last line of defense, was just bullshit.

The point of this, is not about whether or not they lose readership, they have been losing readership like crazy, for a long time, because they produce woke shit, but just discussing the inherent anti-Americanism of the Leftards.

Forum List

Back