Dan Bongino: Why Republicans didn't do as well as expected

See? Now you're talkin my language. Air conditioning is worth a lot. :p

I'll tell you a funny story. I was a service tech the first year, when I needed to get the lay of the land. I'd be the guy with the tool kit who shows up at your door, 'hi, I'm here to fix your printer". Was down in SD, all the various places (a lot at the administration buildings, where all the printers were lol).

So one day they said, go align this disk drive down at Point Loma. Well, Point Loma is a pretty big place, but I get to the gate guard and he goes, "follow the road to the very end and someone will meet you". So I do, and there's this little hut with a radio antenna on it. And a guy comes out and says "follow me". And, turns out, there's nothing in the hut but an elevator.

And this was like 1981 or something, but this guy took out an ID card and stuck it in the slot, and then pulled a key out and stuck it in the elevator - and we went down down down till my ears were popping

Suddenly I'm getting excited, I'm like "hot dog, I'm gonna see some real technology now, maybe even the latest greatest". So I go "where are we?" and he says 'this is the underwater listening station for the west coast". And I'm like .. hm... Unix? Mainframes?

Nuh-uh. Guess what?

PDP-8

A very secure one though. Inside a big copper cage, y'know, in the event of war. :p

There's another half of the story, that I'll tell you later.
That does sound kinda cool!

He's right. But he can't come outright and say his audience is lazy, delusional and pretty stupid.
Don't fret.
They are going to get "bad enough". It may take another 300-500 years....but they will.

I disagree. I think that's exactly what he was saying. Either the enthusiasm factor wasn't there or voters were complacent enough to assume this would be a huge red wave and they didn't have to trouble themselves with voting.

Things are not bad enough for a lot of people in order to bring out the vote. The younger voters played a huge role in this.

Notice how Dan's analysis doesn't put any of the onus of Republican election performance on Republicans.

Their garbage candidates, their insane conspiracy theories that turn off independents and moderates alike, they're deeply unpopular stripping of women's rights to turn them into crimes....or the man leading them all, who did nothing for 3 hours while his supporters attacked the capitol save tell them how much he loved them.

Nope, per Dan Bongino, Republicans bear ZERO responsibility for their own election performance.

Remember, in the party of personal responsibility its always someone else's fault.
DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!

We have a WINNER!

BS, the only reason the Dems won was massive fraud.
Everything else is just distraction from the real problem that will destroy the country.

I guarantee outside of prog infested areas the youngsters weren't voting for more inflation, less freedom & groomer rights

You Have BDS 2.jpg

I disagree. I think that's exactly what he was saying. Either the enthusiasm factor wasn't there or voters were complacent enough to assume this would be a huge red wave and they didn't have to trouble themselves with voting.

Things are not bad enough for a lot of people in order to bring out the vote. The younger voters played a huge role in this.
Republican voters and Independents played a big roll!!!

Those Rs and Indie, voted heavily for sane R candidates, and did not vote for the crazy election denier R candidates as much, if at all! Some split their ticket and voted D if an R crazy denier was running as Liz Cheney had suggested.

Or their pregnancies could end up killing them or they produce kids the product of incest.
BULLSHIT, you lying fear mongering asshole.

No doctor in ANY state will refuse to provide or perform life saving medical treatment.

You fuckers lie so much you can even keep track of your lies anymore.

In the end, the winner is usually who had the better ground game....

In campaigning with voters on the ground....

And an election, get out to vote... army of workers!

Republican voters and Independents played a big roll!!!

Those Rs and Indie, voted heavily for sane R candidates, and did not vote for the crazy election denier R candidates as much, if at all! Some split their ticket and voted D if an R crazy denier was running as Liz Cheney had suggested.

I don't think it had anything to do with it. I'll stick with Bongino. Things are simply not bad enough for people to come out in rage. They're working, able to afford highly priced food, not much damage to their IRA account because they're young and don't have a lot of money to lose yet, and were promised government handouts if they kept the Communists in power.

The Republicans and Independents simply didn't turn out.

No doctor in ANY state will refuse to provide or perform life saving medical treatment.

Get your head out of your flamingo hole! :D

It's been all over the news with women who miscarry and or having troubled pregnancies and not being able to get proper medical care because the baby still has a heart beat, or because the doc fears doing a DNC for fear of being accused of providing an elective abortion and all kinds of doctor fears based on the way these abortion laws were thoughtlessly written!!!!

I don't think it had anything to do with it. I'll stick with Bongino. Things are simply not bad enough for people to come out in rage. They're working, able to afford highly priced food, not much damage to their IRA account because they're young and don't have a lot of money to lose yet, and were promised government handouts if they kept the Communists in power.

The Republicans and Independents simply didn't turn out.
That's a real shame!

Unless a person recognizes their mistakes for a loss, and learns from them, they stay stuck in the loser position!

That remains to be seen. Just a few weeks ago they were predicting it would go higher now that Saudi told Dementia to go beat a salt bag.

As drained as our reserves are now, Dementia has no reason to use them any longer. Fuel goes up, so does inflation because everything in our economy is tied to fuel. Buyers remorse will quickly settle in.
Oh so now the economy is back to terrible? Wow that’s amazing.

Lol um no actually. In a red state where it is now illegal, a doctor is very unlikely to perform the procedure.

Everyone knows the GOP should have had this in the bag. The midterms were theirs to lose. High inflation, high gas prices, a President with rock bottom approval ratings….

It was no one’s fault but their own. They fielded crappy candidates, they effed up campaigning, they underestimated female wrath over overturn of Roe v Wade.

Blaming cheating is just stupid. Heads should be rolling in the GOP in weeks to come.

Why would anyone listen to a moron like Boingo Bongo? What are his credentials? What's his resume? What his background in politics? What's his history in broadcasting? He's a fucking drunk at the end of the bar spouting off. And then Rupert put him on TV.

That does sound kinda cool!
Well, that part of the job was keep-going money for college. Earn while you learn, kinda thing.

What I was learning, was all about neural networks. At that time at that place, we're all the pioneers of ANN technology. The mil knew what it was good for long before the stock brokers did, and especially the Navy for reasons I probably shouldn't mention.

Well, the geniuses in their infinite wisdom decided they were going to "show" me the problem before asking me to fix it. That's why they sent this college student to a highly classified facility and let him walk out with classified information. (In the form of damaged bits on a damaged disk platter, but still, if I was a Russkie I probably could have scraped it - or at least a big chunk of it).

If you're a computer guy, we're talking about cavitation noises from submarines, being picked up by underwater microphones, and then "identified" - so, matched against a library of known cavitation profiles. Basically a glorified database lookup. Works great when it's just one sub, but they discovered it didn't work so great when there was 20 of em. So they were looking for ways to pull the signals apart, so they could be identified individually.

That led to S language and other great analytical tools, and it also led to an explosion in capability of artificial neural network technology. A few years after that they moved me to OTIA where it wasn't "just" submarines anymore. Right about then they were making the first mosquito drones, and the other branches became interested in whether they could detect and identify them. They had a bunch of optics guys over at Miramar NAS that thought they could do it that way, and by that time I had a day job at SGI porting over the internals of the E&S PS-2. Did more in those couple years than most people do in their entire lives. Serial section thin-EM, radioligand binding assays, brain volume conduction models, single neuron recordings from sharks and skates, 3-d reconstructions of human brains (some of which made it into the Nova film "The Brain"), hand movement mapping for ASL... and I got to have a private lunch with Sir Francis Crick!

I had a whole bunch of great questions prepped to ask him but he didn't want to talk about DNA - he had a new theory about the brain and he wanted to talk about that. He wanted to know what I thought of it. Imagine that - Sir Francis wants to know what "I" think about one of "his" theories! Dayum... that's heady stuff. It's hard to stay humble when stuff like that happens. :)

BS, the only reason the Dems won was massive fraud.
Everything else is just distraction from the real problem that will destroy the country.

I guarantee outside of prog infested areas the youngsters weren't voting for more inflation, less freedom & groomer rights

GOP election fail 2022

Election fraud - 90%
Trump's ego and big mouth - 10%

Dan Bongino hit the nail on the head this Saturday evening. He said the reason Republicans didn't do so well is because things are simply not bad enough. He's absolutely correct. Think of it this way: You have a job, there are others out there if you decide to get different one, inflation is taking a toll but all in all, life isn't that bad.

In spite of inflation, lending rates, open borders, rising crime in big cities, record fentanyl deaths, as long as it's not playing a major role in your life, why come out just to vote Republican?

I've always said politics is like an addiction problem. Some people don't seek help until they hit rock bottom. I agree with Dan that we just haven't hit rock bottom yet. That won't take place until the jobs start drying up and there is no place to work. What sprung Democrats towards the top are younger voters under the age of 30. With the promise of government goodies like college loan relief, the likelihood they didn't have enough in their IRA accounts to take a major loss, they voted Democrat by almost twice the rate they voted Republican.

It's crappy video (looks like it was taken from home) but if you care to listen to the monologue, go to time stamp 10:00.

Fox News called AZ for Dems 4 weeks ago....

Fox News - nothing anyone should trust

Bongino - 911 science denier and spazz

Try Real America's Voice, hardly perfect but a huge improvement over fox

Forum List

Back