Damn! My health Insurance went up anther $60 a month. Obamacare sucks!

Have your insurance rates increased?

• Total voters
10898074_10152554221807596_3742797806941076434_n.jpg

Come on everyone, you have access to health insurance coverage, the stock market is up and gas is down. Your all getting rich!

/sarcasm off

My carrier jacked my premium by $100/month this year as a result of it being amended to ACA compliance.

Next month, It will go up an additional $150/month. Why? To match the rates of the cheapest healthcare.gov policies.

We can not be paying $1,200/month with $13,000 annual family co-pay and $12,000 out of pocket AND expect to keep the kid in college, pay the mortgage, make estimated tax payments on the C-Corp portion of my income, pay real estate taxes, utilities, grocery bills, home and auto insurance premiums, blah blah blah...

Fuck this shit.

OMG! A loaf of bread is up to $1.99, thanks to Obama!
Yeah it is a little like people watching the weather forecast for "proof" that global warming is a farce. In fact, I'd wage prices for insurance would be going up even faster without ACA - it's a fundamentally dysfunctional market.

The thing is, that's really what needs to happen.

Yeah it is a little like people watching the weather forecast for "proof" that global warming is a farce. In fact, I'd wage prices for insurance would be going up even faster without ACA - it's a fundamentally dysfunctional market.

Dblack,

My career was underwriting and pricing group health insurance. During the Carter years (which is when the bill finally came due for LBJ's Great Society and Vietnam combined) I was factoring in a medical inflation rate of 21% per year in all my group health insurance premium renewals (24% for RX costs).

Dblack,

My career was underwriting and pricing group health insurance. During the Carter years (which is when the bill finally came due for LBJ's Great Society and Vietnam combined) I was factoring in a medical inflation rate of 21% per year in all my group health insurance premium renewals (24% for RX costs).

Yep. It's a train wreck. And the sooner it skids to a stop, and people figure out that they can't use insurance to avoid health care bills, the sooner we can get things back on track.

When I started pricing group health insurance in June, 1966, the average benefits were $25 per day hospital room and board (31 days), $400 surgical, and $5,000 lifetime max Major Medical, at a cost of about $30 per month.

...and ground meat was $.33 per pound.

it never went up this much in one year. Mandated coverage, increasing prices, and we haven't seen anything yet:mad:

Mine went up this year too, and it hasn't done that in several years. I guess that's because nobody would sell me insurance until Obamacare came along. I'd much rather have a little bump in price every once in a while than to go back to no insurance available to me at all.

Poor seniors are the ones who really got screwed by Obamacare.

As a senior, I've never been happier with my health insurance, except for the donut hole for RX.

I'm speaking of poor seniors living only on Social Security who only have Medicare.

Uh, you just might want to think that through and edit accordingly.

FACT is, ObamaCare makes it easier for seniors.

:dance:
Tell us how much money was taken from Medicare to help fund Obamacare. Edit this.

Smoking Gun Obama Admits He Cut Billions from Medicare to Fund Obamacare - Guy Benson

Last edited:

As a senior, I've never been happier with my health insurance, except for the donut hole for RX.

I'm speaking of poor seniors living only on Social Security who only have Medicare.

the fact is Obamacare hasn't even been fully implemented yet. plus all the wavers, senors will get screwed in the end

Tell us how much money was taken from Medicare to help fund Obamacare. Edit this.

Smoking Gun Obama Admits He Cut Billions from Medicare to Fund Obamacare - Guy Benson
In other news...
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/28/us/obamacare-medicaid-fee-increases-expiring.html?_r=0

Forum List

Back