Current COVID-19 Mortality Rate: 1.35%

It's not likely that someone is going to be deathly ill and not call the doctor, dumbass
Not all currently undetected cases that will result in death currently involve deathly ill people.

I can't believe I have to spell out this simple shit for you idiots
By definition, to die from the disease, you have to be "deathly ill." Is it possible that someone who seems perfectly healthy will die from the Wuhan flu? I don't see how that's possible. They may appear healthy now, but a few days before they day, they are going to be obviously ill.
And had some unknown underlying medical issue.

By definition, to die from the disease, you have to be "deathly ill."
Not on day one of infection. Obviously. In fact, you can be asymptomatic for weeks before presenting with symptoms. We educated adults call this the "incubation period". And even then, the disease may not become a serious illness for another couple weeks.

You might just want to STFU for a while and read my posts, so you learn something.

Total deaths/Total cases = 1.35% mortality rate in the US.

This is from the CDC site TODAY:

C-19-March-25.jpg

Things are moving so fast, it's now up to 1.37% of confirmed cases, but to put things in perspective, it is among the lowest rates among developed countries of any size.

Hopefully you realize how many people are in ICU's who will ultimately die and that we're a month behind Italy.

No, you don't ... Never mind
This is just you hoping for the worst for America. We are not a month behind Italy. Italy is still behind us. Because the EU never closed its borders between member states, and because Italy is a prime tourist location, its population infected people continued to enter Italy even as the crisis grew to an unsupportable size. To make matters worse, Italy has a much older population than the US, so it mortality rate is naturally much higher.

If you look at the statistics for EU countries, those with a high rate of tourism have a high rate of infection and those with a lower rate of tourism have a lower rate of infection. President Trump's early action to cut off travel from countries with high infection rates is the reason we have a so much lower mortality rate than most other developed countries of any size.
In 2005, the latest statistic I could find, we have over 1 BILLION Tourists a year in the USA

So our tourism from other nations is HUGE

In the U.S., tourism is among the three largest employers in 29 states, employing 7.3 million in 2004, to take care of 1.19 billion trips tourists took in the U.S. in 2005.[citation needed] As of 2007, there are 2,462 registered National Historic Landmarks (NHL) recognized by the United States government. As of 2018, New York City is the most visited destination in the United States, followed by Los Angeles, Orlando, Las Vegas, and Chicago.

Tourists spend more money in the United States than any other country, while attracting the second-highest number of tourists after France and Spain.[2][3] The discrepancy may be explained by longer stays in the US.[3]
All true and that's why President Trump's early decision to ban travel from places with high infection rates was so important in saving us from the horror show the EU is now experiencing. The EU still has not banned travel from places with high infection rates, and although some member states have, since they have open borders with other member states, infected people can land elsewhere in the EU and travel to Rome an kill Italians.
Total deaths/Total cases = 1.35% mortality rate in the US.

This is from the CDC site TODAY:

C-19-March-25.jpg

Things are moving so fast, it's now up to 1.37% of confirmed cases, but to put things in perspective, it is among the lowest rates among developed countries of any size.

Hopefully you realize how many people are in ICU's who will ultimately die and that we're a month behind Italy.

No, you don't ... Never mind
Italy diagnosed their first case they same day we did.

Okay, you go with that.

The Intercept?
And their first local case on 2-22

We're going to become Italy. I'd say in 2-3 more weeks. They ARE way ahead of us. So is the rest of Europe.

You hope we will become Italy, but there is no basis in fact to support your hope for this.

Yes there is actually - I don't make this shit up, I listen to the doctors and scientists. We are on precisely the same trajectory.

And NO - suggesting that a fellow American hopes we become Italy is unAmerican and goofy.
Whether you are making this shit up yourself or listening to other people who are making it up, there is no basis in fact for believing the US will experience what italy is experiencing. No other nation on Earth is experiencing what Italy is experiencing, so why would you think the US will experience what is happening in Italy instead of what is happening in Germany, which is doing much better than Italy, unless you are expressing you hope for the US to go through all the same suffering and death Italy is going through because you think it will be bad for President Trump. You may technically be an American, but you are clearly no one's fellow American.
Dr. Love didn't make it up. It's what some experts are saying. I know we can't predict the future, but they've been pretty onpoint so far.
I don't know which experts you are talking about, but what I have heard is that the crisis will get worse before it gets better but not that it will be the worst in the world, which is what Dr. Love is predicting. There is no rational basis for saying it will be like Italy's rather than like Germany's, which is much better, unless you are expressing a wish for the crisis to be that bad because you believe it will be bad for Trump, as Dr. Love clearly does.
Of course I don't wish us to surpass Italy in this pandemic. I doubt if Dr. Love does either, but you'll think what you want.
Don't put TOO much reliance on the temperature for solving this problem. The article I linked didn't go into any actual #'s so I don't know just how much of a slow down it will provide. The fact that the warmer states (except Louisiana) seem to be experiencing less new cases than colder states, it's not that summer is going to lick this thing. Even my article said that warmer weather might help slow transmission ALONG WITH STRICT MEASURES to stop the spread. And how many buildings and homes in the deep south don't have air conditioning running all summer? Cool and dry air is what coronavirus likes.
From what I've read, we don't really know why flu viruses seem to disappear in warm weather, so we don't know if this virus will react the same way, so there is some reason to hope for the best. In fact, we don't know at this point if we are approaching the peak of the curve or not.
I am always HOPING for the best. I just don't ignore the people who know a lot more about it than I do.
Dr. Love has clearly said the US experience will be as bad as Italy's, which is the worst in the world, without any basis in fact for that believe or hope, so I don't know why you would doubt he is wishing the worst for America for political reasons.

I also listen closely to the experts, and nothing they have said suggests the US experience will be anything like Italy's.

You aren't "watching experts" - Sounds more like Fox-n-Friends. ;)
I do listen to the experts, but clearly you don't since none of them have predicted the US experience will be the worst in the world as you insist.
Did you read Lucy's posts in this thread? I have read SO much today and in the past few days that I can't remember where I read it, but if our new cases keep piling up the way they have been going, we will soon surpass China and yes, Italy. That's what they're saying. It might not be mortality rates--they never mention in what way we're going to surpass China. Just that we will.
I have no idea what you have been reading or who you consider an expert but no one at the CDC or WHO has made such a prediction. You say you are paying attention to what the experts say, but none of them have said that.
This is what I was thinking of:
On the same day, Margaret Harris, a spokesperson for the World Health Organization said that the United States has the potential to be the next epicenter of the coronavirus, citing the dramatic increase in cases. The number of cases in the United States has surged from 7,800 cases a week ago to 53,268 cases today.

WHO spokesperson Margaret Harris told reporters Tuesday morning that 85 percent of the previous day’s new confirmed cases of Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, were in the United States or Europe. And 40 percent of those cases were reported in the US.
Even as President Donald Trump has begun publicly considering relaxing social distancing guidelines and restarting the economy, Harris warned that the “very large acceleration” in new cases could make the United States the new epicenter for the global pandemic.
The US “has a very large outbreak and an outbreak that is increasing in intensity,” she said, according to a Reuters report.
The virus was first reported in the US on January 20, and it took until March 17 to report the first 100 deaths. But that number has skyrocketed over the past week, and US states reported more than 100 Covid-19-related deaths on Monday alone, marking the first time the death count reached 100 in a single day in the US.

WHO says a third of the newest coronavirus cases worldwide are in the US

Yesterday, Tuesday, there were over 200.

Maybe I was wrong to say we would surpass Italy; if so, I apologize. What I was thinking of was that WHO is predicting we will be the next epicenter. Could we surpass Italy at this rate? We have a lot more people, so I was thinking yes we could.

WHO also said the virus couldnt be transmitted person to person #wuhan #china
Can you give a link to the WHO saying that???? I know the Chinese gvt claimed that for about 2 weeks, but did not know the WHO made that claim.

Oops, wrong again.

In China, for example, of the patients studied in the one large study put out so far, 69% of those who became seriously ill had no other co-existing condition.

Are you going to sit there and just make shit up all night?

Part of the issue is that there are no numbers of tested who are sick versus not sick because they only test those that appear sick
False. You literally just made that up. For example, in New York, all testing is free for those directed by their health provider, which includes asymptomatic people at higher risk from the disease.

Can you go a single post without making shit up?
Nope. Plenty of commentary here and from the media that people are not being tested merely to find out if they have it or not. They mostly if not entirely must indicate they are having symptoms and/or do not feel well.

Plenty of commentary here and from the media that people are not being tested merely to find out if they have it or not.
That doesn't mean nobody is. "Plenty", eh? I see you understand now that you made up a lie and are trying to walk it back under the radar.

By definition, to die from the disease, you have to be "deathly ill."
Not on day one of infection. Obviously. In fact, you can be asymptomatic for weeks before presenting with symptoms. We educated adults call this the "incubation period". And even then, the disease may not become a serious illness for another couple weeks.

You might just want to STFU for a while and read my posts, so you learn something.
The weren't deathly ill the first hour they had the disease? No duh? You are the Olympic gold medalist in stupid. Educated adults understand that at some point during the course of the disease that if the patient dies of it, then at some point he becomes deathly ill, and then he shows up in the statistics.

You telling me to shut up is utterly hilarious.

Just like the “you said hoax” bogus cries we need to get another thing set right
Oh, sorry, you're delusional. Trump called the whole thing a hoax. It's a fact. And you agreed. You still agree. That's the weirdest thing about your posts, really. You might be somewhat mentally ill.
Fact. He did not call it a hoax.
He doesn't HAVE to. It's what he means. Today's Tweet from Trump:
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!
1:04 PM - Mar 25, 2020

Oops, wrong again.

In China, for example, of the patients studied in the one large study put out so far, 69% of those who became seriously ill had no other co-existing condition.

Are you going to sit there and just make shit up all night?
In italy every patient who died had two or more conditions.

Plenty of commentary here and from the media that people are not being tested merely to find out if they have it or not.
That doesn't mean nobody is. "Plenty", eh? I see you understand now that you made up a lie and are trying to walk it back under the radar.
They don’t want to take the time to test non infecteds to provide they are non infected
You are parsing and splitting hairs. My statement that they don’t want to test you unless you are reporting illness stands and is correct. Some of a few thousand New Yorkers may have been obviously well from the get go but that was a special type of testing anyway
They don’t want to spend time and test kits, etc providing test results to confirm that the non sick are non sick

The weren't deathly ill the first hour they had the disease? No duh?
Right, which is how a currently undetected case could result in death.

I literally just had to walk your dumbass through that. Like, just now. What the fuck is wrong with your brain?

The problem is you don't understand things, and everything you believe you understand isn't so.

1. Yeah, Trump insinuated Covid-19 is a Democratic hoax, just like he thinks climate change is a Chinese hoax. Live with that dullard, and with his spew.

Wrong. Trump hoax hoax...

2. Travel bans. We know they don't work in a pandemic, particularly not when the reaper is already in the house.

Wrong. Dr. Fauci: Travel ban was the 'right public health call'

3. Hey, we got another whine about Impeachment. Haven't had that one for a while. Because a President shall not have his corruption exposed just because he would use impeachment as an excuse for failing at his job.

Wrong. No corruption was proven. Just a bunch of delusional dems fellating each other.

4. There was no "predicted mortality rate." Any idea what "novel" in "novel coronavirus" might mean? Need a hint?

Wrong.

"A summary of a report on over 72,000 COVID-19 cases by the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention in the journal JAMAon Monday showed the case fatality rate was 2.3 percent on average..."

Coronavirus mortality rate: How Covid-19 fatalities compare to Ebola, SARS and MERS

5. Of course, if everything, every step Trump takes, can be shown to be wrong, counter-productive, undermining the well-reasoned advice of experts, he should be criticized for it. Except, Trumpletons would activate their paranoia, the oldest one they contracted decades ago, the so-called "liberal media". That one's worn out, and has been for at least two decades. Get a new talking point, for that one is for dummies. Oh, and BTW, once "ordinary Americans" are also epidemiologists, their opinion on Trump's handling might mean something in reality. Let's see what these "ordinary Americans" think once the American healthcare system comes crashing down around them.

Like I said...if you still believe the media...you are a fool. And since you were wrong about everything else, I suggest you revisit and contemplate your opinion here as well.

They don’t want to take the time to test non infecteds to provide they are non infected
True, until we get more tests. But your claim that people without symptoms are not being tested was false, and you literally made it up on the spot. I called it out. Now you're gwumpy and won't admit you made up some dumb shit. So, just like every night you're here.

Today, Wednesday, there were 200 deaths reported.

Maybe I was wrong to say we would surpass Italy; if so, I apologize. What I was thinking of was that WHO is predicting we will be the next epicenter. Could we surpass Italy at this rate? We have a lot more people, so I was thinking yes we could.

* Confirmed cases

For the last ten days, Italy had a growth rate in confirmed cases of around 12% per day. 75k cases.

The U.S. growth rate is about 34%. 65k cases.

Yes, in that rubric, the U.S. will soon surge past Italy. Maybe not tomorrow, but likely the next day.

* Dead

For the last days, Italy had a growth rate in deaths of around 12% per day. 7,500 dead.

The U.S. growth rate is about 27%. 900 dead.

The U.S. will not likely surge past Italy during the next days, except if parts of the system start to collapse.

And they are already locked down............All in their nice cozy high rises..........breathing that dry shared air......................

Stop. This thing is spreading like crazy and people are dying.

Shove your bullshit statistics.

It's real and it brutal

Yes, it does have a very low mortality rate.
The flu, which Trump and the Hive Mind stupidly compare to COVID-19, has a mortality rate of 0.1%.

1.35% is 13.5 times more fatal than the flu.

So the next time you hear a Trumptard talk about the umpteen thousand people who die each year from the flu, multiply their number by 13.5, and that will explain why we should have reacted much more quickly and with greater force to this "hoax".

Wrong.

The flu infected 38 to 54 million people in the US this year.
The flu killed 23 to 59 thousand people in the US this year.

So the flu then is far more deadly then COVID-19.
China only has 21 thousand COVID-19 deaths this year, and has about 5 times the population of the US. Devide 21 thousand by 5 and you get a reasonable estimate for the US. Which is only about 4 thousand.
The flu has a vaccine, the flu has antivirals to combat once sick.

We have neither for COVID19.

We also have no freaking idea how many have contracted this virus, nor how many are being infected right now or next week with it....

Vivid19 has only been around for 3 to 4 months, not a full year, as the Flu numbers are for a year.

And, COVID19 is not a flu... we still are not certain how it spreads so rapidly...other than guessing that all the a symptomatic carriers are spreading it without knowledge... this virus is a sneaky little avatars....

The flu, you can hear and see who has it, and keep a distance....

There truly are too many unknowns, for any of us to claim we KNOW....anything yet.

Setting aside differences, let me ask you a question.

If you look at World-o-meters you see every state has a few cases. With the exception of the states that are really taking a beating....don't you think it odd that a place like Iowa has only a few hundred cases ?

I would guess (and yes, I said guess) that we'll find that most of these states like Arizona that have huge population centers will eventually discover there a bunch more cases we never knew about.

Just sayin'
I think the states with fewer cases reported, like mine was, is simply lack of testing.....

But again, without testing, we'll never know....

All the pandemonium, comes from the lack of testing, testing, testing.....

You are parsing and splitting hairs. My statement that they don’t want to test you unless you are reporting illness stands and is correct. Some of a few thousand New Yorkers may have been obviously well from the get go but that was a special type of testing anyway
They don’t want to spend time and test kits, etc providing test results to confirm that the non sick are non sick
They don't want to take the time to test??

Are you just ignorant about this?

WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TESTS TO TEST THE SICK, LET ALONE OTHERS!!!!

And that's a real problem, for this season and next and next and next.....
We aren't learning how it is spread, without the testing... we can't confine those who are sick, without knowing who really are sick, without the testing, we can't send to work, who aren't sick, because we do not know who are not sick...without the testing....

It's a darn mess, not having the tests to test, and why governors were left with ONE OPTION, shut down...

Stay at home, shut down all but essential jobs.

They don't want to take the time to test??

Are you just ignorant about this?

WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TESTS TO TEST THE SICK, LET ALONE OTHERS!!!!

And that's a real problem, for this season and next and next and next.....
We aren't learning how it is spread, without the testing... we can't confine those who are sick, without knowing who really are sick, without the testing, we can't send to work, who aren't sick, because we do not know who are not sick...without the testing....

It's a darn mess, not having the tests to test, and why governors were left with ONE OPTION, shut down...

Stay at home, shut down all but essential jobs.

I have been sent home from my job at the Ministry of Interior and told to Self-Isolate. This morning all of a sudden I have a dry cough, I am feeling dizzy, my forehead is warm and I am having random chills. So here I am now back at home Self-Isolating. Until about an hour ago I was feeling okay and then all of a sudden I was not feeling okay. It was that sudden.

I have been doing EVERYTHING, social distancing, washing hands, the whole thing and yet I am now in Self-Isolation. People need to take this seriously, I am not in the vulnerable age group, I am 30 years in age and healthy, but I am now having to Self-Isolate.

Mr. Lucy has now returned home, as we all live in the same house he now also has to Self-Isolate, the kidlets are here with us and also Day Nanny and now Night Nanny who stays at night with us she is being told to stay at her own house and Self-Isolate because she had been in the same environment as me.

Stay safe.

Forum List

Back