Cry Macho... let me help you with the pain...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
... of seeing this movie.
You WILL be disappointed.

It is painful to see such a terrific filmaker make something so absolutely terrible.
Maybe Clint should hang up the saddle and let us remember him for the years of great movies.
And then, lets pretend this one was never made.

We made it about 25 minutes.
I can't over state how bad acting Dwight Yokum did. The opening scene is literally like some grade school kids found a camera and wanted to make a movie.
It is that bad.

I had a feeling the movie would suck. That is why I haven't bothered to watch it.

The concept of the movie is fine, the acting is so atrocious it removes any possibility of connecting with it.
The kid who plays the Mexican kid. There has got to be kids who can act better than him.
Dwight Yokum was perfectly fine in Slingblade... why is he sooo bad in this?? Did he show up, walk onto the set without even knowing what the scene would be...and just wing it??
I was dumbstruck in how poorly put together this is.

My only question is how much is Dwight actually shown in the film since it mostly concerns his character's son and the film's leading character?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly (one of his many fans)

... of seeing this movie.
You WILL be disappointed.

It is painful to see such a terrific filmaker make something so absolutely terrible.
Maybe Clint should hang up the saddle and let us remember him for the years of great movies.
And then, lets pretend this one was never made.

We made it about 25 minutes.
I can't over state how bad acting Dwight Yokum did. The opening scene is literally like some grade school kids found a camera and wanted to make a movie.
It is that bad.

Ummm, when was good ole Clint a "terrific filmmaker"?

Cry Macho is an excellent film. It told a story that was entertaining as well as touching. I can see it not appealing to a woke audience. No black gang bangers, no gender benders, not even a hot kiss between two men or two women. That enough should recommend it.

I had a feeling the movie would suck. That is why I haven't bothered to watch it.
I drove by one of the local multiplex theaters last night. It was among what was playing. Never entered my mind to see it. To me, there was nothing in the 16 movies being shown, worth seeing.

..Eastwood is not an actor--he's a '''line sayer'''... he can't act that well ....he's one dimensional..Like Arnie and Patrick Swayze

I drove by one of the local multiplex theaters last night. It was among what was playing. Never entered my mind to see it. To me, there was nothing in the 16 movies being shown, worth seeing.
It is free on one of the streaming services that we have. I forget which one, maybe Hula.

I'll pass.

My only question is how much is Dwight actually shown in the film since it mostly concerns his character's son and the film's leading character?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly (one of his many fans)
Not a lot. The opening scene, and a handful of other short scenes. Bad in all of them.
He was quite good in Slingblade, so not sure why he did so bad here.

Not a lot. The opening scene, and a handful of other short scenes. Bad in all of them.
He was quite good in Slingblade, so not sure why he did so bad here.
Thank you for letting me know. What you say about how much we get to see of him doesn't surprise me considering what the film seems to be about. As for how good the film and acting deliveries are, every person has a nose dive at some point. If I see the movie, it will be the first Clint Eastwood film that I have ever seen.

God bless you and him and Dwight always!!!

Holly

P.S. I remember watching another film that Dwight was in years ago named The Newton Boys. I only got maybe halfway through due to how uninteresting the film was in my opinion. Everybody has a preference and Dwight's music is where you will find me more compared to his film work. I've only seen three of his movies all the way through so far: Sling Blade, Hollywood Homicide, and South Of Heaven.

Last edited:
... it will be the first Clint Eastwood film that I have ever seen.
What?
That is basically impossible.
He has acted in and or produced/directed 80 plus films.
If actually so... then for the love of God.. don't let this one be it.
Watch "Million Dollar Baby" or "Sully" or "Trouble with the Curve" or "J. Edgar" or 25 others.

Only Eastwood movies I liked were the one where he ran a 'Wild West' show and the one where played a Secret Service guy. Yoakum I don't recall ever seeing in anything, but I do have a couple of his CD's and I like a dozen or so of his songs.

Forum List

Back