Creationists' theory in detail

''god did it''
''it's in the bible ''

that's all folks--that's all they have...
I constantly ask for details and that's what I get
no theory, nothing

Every once in a while, a thread needs to be restarted. There is one guy that got my attention on this subject. If you REALLY want a well thought out answer:

A more critical view is that all sides live their beliefs by faith. The atheists / nonbelievers have to come to grips with the fact that they cannot explain getting something from nothing. Ever atom, every molecule, every scintilla of matter comes from somewhere. So, evolutionists have a theory that has no more scientific weight than creationism. Watch Dr. Lisle. If he don't offer some things to consider, then maybe you've pursued the subject and will never get the answer you want.

In July 2010, Lisle announced that he was working on a research paper that would be published in the Answers Research Journal, a creation science journal controlled by Answers in Genesis.[11] He claimed that this paper would fully solve the starlight problem, and that publishing it in a peer reviewed journal would make it legitimate. However, considering he is publishing in the ARJ and not Science or Nature where such Earth-shattering revelations about physics belong (although Lisle denies this should be the case), some might suspect his "idea" isn't up to much. And an "idea" it is, as Lisle has admitted that he is just using "research that has already been published in secular journals"
I tend to do this whenever someone proposes a source. So what we have here is an actual scientist who proposes ideas that if true would revolutionize science and than subsequently decides that his ideas are best published not in Nature but in the ARJ(Answers Research Journal). Can you explain to me why that is?

I said the man makes me think. Not knowing who or what criteria he based his decisions on, I cannot answer for him. Personally, I have left the door open to the fact that the word "days" in Genesis only means equal periods of time. a "day" could be any measurement of time. Lisle calls a lot of commonly held beliefs into question. Unlike extremists who demand nonexistent / definitive proof from either side, I'm not good at accepting or rejecting any proposition based upon any personal prejudices. Neither do I claim that what I believe in is the whole truth and fact just because some group I like gives me bias confirmation. What I'm saying to you and other non-believers, just because the masses might be non-believers does not prove your proposition. As stated, every atom, every molecule, every scintilla of matter had an origination point. You cannot get something from nothing and no amount of psycho babble from people trying to use fifty dollar words to convey a ten cent concept can change that.

I have left the door open to the fact that the word "days" in Genesis only means equal periods of time. a "day" could be any measurement of time.
What you are doing is trying to move the goalposts when science rules out something.
What I'm saying to you and other non-believers, just because the masses might be non-believers does not prove your proposition.
First of most of the masses still believe in some form of a higher being as has been the case for millennia. Every single one of those people who believed claimed they knew. Science is actually the only thing that doesn't condition it's veracity on"the masses" it's only condition is that it's propositions are supported by evidence.
You cannot get something from nothing
And yet you believe in God. Who created him? If you say nobody to that question than you do believe in something from nothing.

By the way, something from nothing is a strawman put up by religious people to describe atheists. Nobody as far as I can tell really proposes that life or the universe came from nothing. At the worst what you'll get is "I don't know". Something that is a hell of a lot more honest answer than "I believe" god did it.

1) Science has not ruled out anything - Lisle shows that

2) You have no evidence - all you have is faith. You cannot get something from nothing. THAT is the bottom line

3) God came from somewhere if he exists. You find fault with my acceptance the He does exist and you expect me to blindly expect that whatever matter caused the earth to be formed just exists. Both our positions are rooted in faith since you lack any scientific evidence for your premise.

Science rules out stuff all the time. It comes out with a hypothesis and then tries to find ways to test it. If the tests show something else the hypothesis is ruled out. Lisle shows something else. What he shows that even people who have a PhD can ignore the scientific method of which peer review is a cornerstone in favor of religion.

I have plenty of evidence. I have evidence that the earth exists. I have evidence the Universe exists. I have evidence the Earth is way older than 6000 years. I have evidence that at the beginning of life on this planet no complex lifeforms existed. I can show that stars are way further than 6000 lightyears. I can prove that gravity exists. Etc. Etc. You, on the other hand, have absolutely zero proof that God exists. This means to me that God as an hypothesis is unproven and as such invalid.

Again, though you can prove that such things exist, you cannot prove their origination point. You don't seem to understand that you cannot get something from nothing. You have zero evidence to show from where all those things originate. You take their existence on faith, not science.

Christians have the secular history of Jesus Christ and his miracles. So, whether you believe he was the son of God or not, he gave testimony of our father in Heaven. Hate to break it to you, but that is evidence.

If I can prove all these things I can disprove the entire book of Genisis.

You don't seem to get that I never claimed something came from nothing. That is what you claim is my belief. I claim I don't know how we originated. I suspect a certain way but just like with God I feel that suspicion is not sufficiently proven for me to claim I know. On the other hand, the start of our universe is sufficiently proven for me to claim that I know. What happened before that I do not. See how it works? You on the other hand feel that God is a sufficient explanation. That's the difference between you and me.

There is absolutely no secular history that Jesus Christ existed. And even if there was, his claim he was speaking for God would not count as evidence. The lunatic asylum is full of people who claim they hear voices, and history is full of people who claimed they were speaking for some deity or another.

Yes, there has been evidence of Jesus. Denying it does little to disprove it. If you cannot tell us where matter originated, you've proven my premise.

Show me the evidence please than I'll be very interested.

As to me having to be able to tell you where matter comes from. Why? Does me not knowing something proves God? You do realize that's the God of the gaps argument? I know where elements come from. https://www.haystack.mit.edu/edu/pcr/Astrochemistry/3 - MATTER/nuclear synthesis.pdf Is that sufficient?

I looked at your link. It still presupposes that something exists. You have to take all that on faith. But, since you want to talk evidence, I'd like to share something I found (and I post stuff that makes you think - it has NOTHING to do with what I personally believe or disbelieve. It's just evidence to be considered):

Your link is from someone with a clear agenda. From the Jewish aPress: “Josh Greenberger is author of "Fossil Discoveries Disprove Evolution Beyond A Doubt.”

As a blogger who criticizes Darwin as a non-scientist, this guy has no credentials for anything but opinion.

Evolution (common descent with modification) was not some idea that Darwin came up with out of thin air which he later searched for ways of proving. That is not how it happened. Rather he took all the then known facts/observations (gathered by other scientists of the time) and explained them in what today we would consider a scientific manner (a manner that was testable, not appealing to supernatural gods).

In the particular case of the fossil record, it was well known to geologists & paleontologists long before Darwin wrote Origin of Species that there was a pattern of change in the fossil record; the farther back one went in the record there were more differences in the animals represented vs. those alive today. It was also well known that there were fossils of animals that appeared to be intermediate in form between both various fossil groups and fossil and living groups.

Did you look at the guy's credentials? Since I'm not Jewish and NOT a true believer of a 6 "day" creation, I don't agree with every statement that everybody makes. I used the opinions of others and what are those on your side doing? They are inferring I believe everything I read and should be held accountable for the statements of everybody on the face of the earth that disagrees with you.

I looked at the guys credentials and he identifies himself as a computer consultant. Maybe I misunderstood your intent but posters usually link to that which they believe supports their respective positions.

Most posters don't want to be objective and open minded. None of the people I cited would agree with me, but it's their line of work, so I have to take all the evidence and interpretations into consideration.

How can I be objective and open-minded when people make assertions that they don't support?

I'm quoting varying interpretations. I'm not making assertions. Better check a dictionary. Look, all my critics here claim my sources have an agenda. They do... and you do. My agenda is to get to the bottom line. I don't need semantics, people hiding behind 50 dollar words to convey a ten cent idea, and psychobabble doesn't impress me. My agenda is understanding. Your agenda is so important that you cannot afford to have your views scrutinized by various others. You're really mad because you get challenged. Sorry, I don't get it. I don't live in an echo chamber nor do I need to talk down to anyone here.

Being wholly objective, I cannot defend what I believe in on this thread. It has flaws. And your argument does too. Debaters are kind of like litigators. But, I'd like to share something with you: if you were to argue evidence in a court of law, the best preparation is to know the other guy's argument better than he knows it. You also have to know the flaws in your own arguments. In the instant case, non-believers simply do not have the evidence to prove their case. At least one poster admitted not knowing the origin of all time, space, and matter. All sides ultimately are relying on faith.

Christians will never be accepted by non-believers. Challenging their intelligence, knowledge or integrity based upon what others with an agenda have to say isn't very objective. So, I cite people that I don't necessarily agree with on every point. If all nonbelievers have is worrying about whether or not organizations of non-believers give the creationist their seal of approval only says to me, nonbelievers realize they don't have factual points so they have to attack the other guy's sources. But, I'm trying to get to the bottom line so if you attack sources because they are not accepted by organizations that have their own agenda that contradicts you, it's not changing the balance of the facts.

When you say there's secular proof of the existence of Jesus that's an assertion, not an interpretation. When you say the writers personally knew Jesus that's an assertion. As for not needing semantics?
I'm quoting varying interpretations. I'm not making assertions. Better check a dictionary.
You could have fooled me.

And no. Admitting that you don't know the origins of time, matter, and space, although time and space we know originated from the Big Bang. Einstein e=mc2 shows that. And we know the Big Bang happened because of the lines of evidence. But let's give you the origin of matter. It is not a weakness in the argument. We can see, feel, touch, and even smell matter. So it's existence requires no faith at all. I don't know who your mother is but it requires no faith on my part to know you have one.

God, on the other hand, does require faith. You can not see him. The books written about him requires believing fantastical things and are often contradictory. No evidence of him is ever presented. At least not evidence that can withstand the process of the scientific method.

Your standard of proof for existence - what you refer to as science has no explanation other than you know some things exist that you sense. You have every right to think that constitutes evidence. That, however does not necessarily make you right.

The Bible gives a logical explanation for the creation of man and our world. But, my view of evidence is in the fact that the Bible has a God that foretold the future in great detail... something your science cannot do. Neither can your science stop what the Bible foretold for the future. We have different standards. What you need to be thinking about is why it is so imperative for you to force me to accept your proposition. Oddly, the Bible predicts that people like you would do that. A wise man once remarked:
"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”

There is a reason you're investing so much time trying to dodge, deflect and circumvent an uncomfortable truth while inferring something is wrong with those who see the same evidence you do and come to an opposite conclusion based on the facts. Matter exists. Of that there is no dispute. But, where did it come from? You don't know because you cannot imagine nothingness and neither can I.

There’s nothing logical about supernaturalism or the supernatural creation of man. Nothing logical about talking serpents. Nothing logical about the gods condemning all of humanity because a supernaturally created human failed a test the gods knew they would fail. The gods lied to A&E (not the cable network). How logical is it that dead men rise or seas part? It never happens in the natural, rational world.

As to the gods foretelling the future, I’m not sure where you get that. The all-knowing, all-seeing bibles were written by men, most of whom are unknown. There’s no indication that any of the gods wrote, dictated or had final editing rights to anything in the Bible. Claiming the Bible had Gods that foretold the future in great detail is simply not true.

Okay, first - With respect to "talking serpents," that was figurative language. Eve did not bite an apple and talk to a snake. If you understood the story, it would make sense to you:

Seas have parted and dead people have come back to life. You should talk to someone who has been declared dead and came back.

The Bible has told us in great detail of events to come and things that happened. Just because you have not been taught various interpretations and tested them does not prove your point.

Re-writing the Bibles is poor cricket, Laddie. If the gods wanted serpents and apples, why change the fable to something not in the Bibles? I think we’ve all read the argument “god says in the Bible, .....”. Have the gods assigned you with editing rights?

I've noticed many times that religionists are convinced that they, and they alone, hold the "true" interpretation of the bibles. They are inerrant in their version of truth and depending on the religionist, that truth ranges from literal interpretation of biblical tales and fables to all of it being an allegorical account.

Since the gods are not descending from the heavens with their black and white striped shirts and whistles to referee the match, I will personally assume the role of final arbiter of biblical "twoof".

Really? Seas have parted on queue? Identify where please.

As to dead men rising, there are accounts of misdiagnosing and simple error. Please identify a single case of a dead person rising days after their death.

1) The Bible was not written in English. It has been interpreted and the Bible says this:

"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25: 2

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” II Timothy 2: 15

There are literal and figurative truths in the Bible. Parable and symbolic language cannot be understood by those who reject the Bible

2) Since you were not willing to read the provided links in this thread, you are posting out of ignorance. For example, let us identify that "serpent" you had a problem with understanding. Can we use the Bible to interpret the Bible?

“And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” Revelation 12:9

"1 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain.

2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years
." Revelation 20: 1 and 2

It's pretty clear as to who the serpent actually was. Had you read the book I left a link to, there were many complete chapters throughout the Old and New Testaments that prove a common theme that identifies who the "serpent" of Genesis was / is.

3) Men, inspired of God wrote about their experiences. Here are some modern examples of phenomenon that can explain that what the Bible records:

4) When people do die, you attribute it to a "misdiagnosis." That is intellectual dishonesty unless you've ever experienced the actual act. I have experienced it and it was no misdiagnosis. It took me several years to come to grips with and accept as when it happened, God was the furthest thing from my mind and I had no preconceived conceptions and had never known anyone that had gone through it. And that is as far as I will go with anyone who has not been through it. For you to ridicule it and poke fun at it would be like a man ridiculing a rape victim. Until you've been there, you don't know what you're talking about.

Hurling bible verses at me accomplishes what? Using the Bible to prove the Bible is true is fallacious. Otherwise, if you had actually read the genesis fable you might have noticed any number of contradictions within the fable. I’m always surprised that those most willing to cut and paste disconnected verses have never taken the time to actually the stuff.

Item 4) in your list is a misstatement of what I wrote. If you have any verifiable information of dead people rising, please present that information.

I was not using the Bible to prove the Bible. I simply noted some verses which subsequent scientific research has proved true. That would be science proving the Bible.

For centuries Aristotle's model of a fixed eternal universe was accepted. The Bible teaches both that heaven and earth had a beginning (Genesis 1:1) and is not rigid (Isaiah 40:22).

See this article comparing Aristotle's model of a rigid universe with what the Bible teaches:

Oh, and I have studied the Biblical account of creation and not only is it scientifically tenable but also has no contradictions. Note, however, that we (Jehovah's Witnesses) do not accept the creationist doctrine of 24 hour creative days. There are multiple definitions of "day" in Biblical usage and in current English usage - an example of the latter: in Abraham Lincoln's day.

Apparent contradictions in both scientific observations and Biblical research are due to inaccurate interpretations. For example - Genesis 1:1 refers to the creation of the heavens which would include the stars. However, Genesis 1:16 refers to God making stars to appear in the sky when earth's accretion envelopment became somewhat transparent - perhaps between belts more massive than Saturn's rings.

Those who think Gen. 1:16 contradicts Gen. 1:1 fail to note that Gen. 1:1 uses the Hebrew word bara/create whereas Gen. 1:16 uses a form of Hebrew asah in the Hebrew imperfect verb state which is in harmony with a gradual increase in transparency since this verb state involves action in progress which was not then complete. Note this NW footnote:

“And . . . proceeded to make.” Heb., wai·yaʹʽas (from ʽa·sahʹ). Different from “create” (ba·raʼʹ) found in vss 1, 21, 27; 2:3. Progressive action indicated by the imperfect state.

A good summary of the Genesis 1 creation account is here:

I saw nothing in the Bible verses you posted that came anywhere close to science proving the bibles.

Does science confirm a 6,000 year old planet, or a flat planet?

Yawn. You may want to make appointments with ophthalmologists and optometrists and get your eyes checked OR take some courses in reading comprehension skills.

''god did it''
''it's in the bible ''

no theory, nothing

Every once in a while, a thread needs to be restarted. There is one guy that got my attention on this subject. If you REALLY want a well thought out answer:

A more critical view is that all sides live their beliefs by faith. The atheists / nonbelievers have to come to grips with the fact that they cannot explain getting something from nothing. Ever atom, every molecule, every scintilla of matter comes from somewhere. So, evolutionists have a theory that has no more scientific weight than creationism. Watch Dr. Lisle. If he don't offer some things to consider, then maybe you've pursued the subject and will never get the answer you want.

In July 2010, Lisle announced that he was working on a research paper that would be published in the Answers Research Journal, a creation science journal controlled by Answers in Genesis.[11] He claimed that this paper would fully solve the starlight problem, and that publishing it in a peer reviewed journal would make it legitimate. However, considering he is publishing in the ARJ and not Science or Nature where such Earth-shattering revelations about physics belong (although Lisle denies this should be the case), some might suspect his "idea" isn't up to much. And an "idea" it is, as Lisle has admitted that he is just using "research that has already been published in secular journals"
I tend to do this whenever someone proposes a source. So what we have here is an actual scientist who proposes ideas that if true would revolutionize science and than subsequently decides that his ideas are best published not in Nature but in the ARJ(Answers Research Journal). Can you explain to me why that is?

I said the man makes me think. Not knowing who or what criteria he based his decisions on, I cannot answer for him. Personally, I have left the door open to the fact that the word "days" in Genesis only means equal periods of time. a "day" could be any measurement of time. Lisle calls a lot of commonly held beliefs into question. Unlike extremists who demand nonexistent / definitive proof from either side, I'm not good at accepting or rejecting any proposition based upon any personal prejudices. Neither do I claim that what I believe in is the whole truth and fact just because some group I like gives me bias confirmation. What I'm saying to you and other non-believers, just because the masses might be non-believers does not prove your proposition. As stated, every atom, every molecule, every scintilla of matter had an origination point. You cannot get something from nothing and no amount of psycho babble from people trying to use fifty dollar words to convey a ten cent concept can change that.

I have left the door open to the fact that the word "days" in Genesis only means equal periods of time. a "day" could be any measurement of time.
What you are doing is trying to move the goalposts when science rules out something.
What I'm saying to you and other non-believers, just because the masses might be non-believers does not prove your proposition.
First of most of the masses still believe in some form of a higher being as has been the case for millennia. Every single one of those people who believed claimed they knew. Science is actually the only thing that doesn't condition it's veracity on"the masses" it's only condition is that it's propositions are supported by evidence.
And yet you believe in God. Who created him? If you say nobody to that question than you do believe in something from nothing.

By the way, something from nothing is a strawman put up by religious people to describe atheists. Nobody as far as I can tell really proposes that life or the universe came from nothing. At the worst what you'll get is "I don't know". Something that is a hell of a lot more honest answer than "I believe" god did it.

2) You have no evidence - all you have is faith. You cannot get something from nothing. THAT is the bottom line

3) God came from somewhere if he exists. You find fault with my acceptance the He does exist and you expect me to blindly expect that whatever matter caused the earth to be formed just exists. Both our positions are rooted in faith since you lack any scientific evidence for your premise.

Science rules out stuff all the time. It comes out with a hypothesis and then tries to find ways to test it. If the tests show something else the hypothesis is ruled out. Lisle shows something else. What he shows that even people who have a PhD can ignore the scientific method of which peer review is a cornerstone in favor of religion.

I have plenty of evidence. I have evidence that the earth exists. I have evidence the Universe exists. I have evidence the Earth is way older than 6000 years. I have evidence that at the beginning of life on this planet no complex lifeforms existed. I can show that stars are way further than 6000 lightyears. I can prove that gravity exists. Etc. Etc. You, on the other hand, have absolutely zero proof that God exists. This means to me that God as an hypothesis is unproven and as such invalid.

Again, though you can prove that such things exist, you cannot prove their origination point. You don't seem to understand that you cannot get something from nothing. You have zero evidence to show from where all those things originate. You take their existence on faith, not science.

Christians have the secular history of Jesus Christ and his miracles. So, whether you believe he was the son of God or not, he gave testimony of our father in Heaven. Hate to break it to you, but that is evidence.

You don't seem to get that I never claimed something came from nothing. That is what you claim is my belief. I claim I don't know how we originated. I suspect a certain way but just like with God I feel that suspicion is not sufficiently proven for me to claim I know. On the other hand, the start of our universe is sufficiently proven for me to claim that I know. What happened before that I do not. See how it works? You on the other hand feel that God is a sufficient explanation. That's the difference between you and me.

There is absolutely no secular history that Jesus Christ existed. And even if there was, his claim he was speaking for God would not count as evidence. The lunatic asylum is full of people who claim they hear voices, and history is full of people who claimed they were speaking for some deity or another.

Yes, there has been evidence of Jesus. Denying it does little to disprove it. If you cannot tell us where matter originated, you've proven my premise.

As to me having to be able to tell you where matter comes from. Why? Does me not knowing something proves God? You do realize that's the God of the gaps argument? I know where elements come from. https://www.haystack.mit.edu/edu/pcr/Astrochemistry/3 - MATTER/nuclear synthesis.pdf Is that sufficient?

I looked at your link. It still presupposes that something exists. You have to take all that on faith. But, since you want to talk evidence, I'd like to share something I found (and I post stuff that makes you think - it has NOTHING to do with what I personally believe or disbelieve. It's just evidence to be considered):

Your link is from someone with a clear agenda. From the Jewish aPress: “Josh Greenberger is author of "Fossil Discoveries Disprove Evolution Beyond A Doubt.”

As a blogger who criticizes Darwin as a non-scientist, this guy has no credentials for anything but opinion.

Evolution (common descent with modification) was not some idea that Darwin came up with out of thin air which he later searched for ways of proving. That is not how it happened. Rather he took all the then known facts/observations (gathered by other scientists of the time) and explained them in what today we would consider a scientific manner (a manner that was testable, not appealing to supernatural gods).

In the particular case of the fossil record, it was well known to geologists & paleontologists long before Darwin wrote Origin of Species that there was a pattern of change in the fossil record; the farther back one went in the record there were more differences in the animals represented vs. those alive today. It was also well known that there were fossils of animals that appeared to be intermediate in form between both various fossil groups and fossil and living groups.

Did you look at the guy's credentials? Since I'm not Jewish and NOT a true believer of a 6 "day" creation, I don't agree with every statement that everybody makes. I used the opinions of others and what are those on your side doing? They are inferring I believe everything I read and should be held accountable for the statements of everybody on the face of the earth that disagrees with you.

I looked at the guys credentials and he identifies himself as a computer consultant. Maybe I misunderstood your intent but posters usually link to that which they believe supports their respective positions.

Most posters don't want to be objective and open minded. None of the people I cited would agree with me, but it's their line of work, so I have to take all the evidence and interpretations into consideration.

How can I be objective and open-minded when people make assertions that they don't support?

I'm quoting varying interpretations. I'm not making assertions. Better check a dictionary. Look, all my critics here claim my sources have an agenda. They do... and you do. My agenda is to get to the bottom line. I don't need semantics, people hiding behind 50 dollar words to convey a ten cent idea, and psychobabble doesn't impress me. My agenda is understanding. Your agenda is so important that you cannot afford to have your views scrutinized by various others. You're really mad because you get challenged. Sorry, I don't get it. I don't live in an echo chamber nor do I need to talk down to anyone here.

Being wholly objective, I cannot defend what I believe in on this thread. It has flaws. And your argument does too. Debaters are kind of like litigators. But, I'd like to share something with you: if you were to argue evidence in a court of law, the best preparation is to know the other guy's argument better than he knows it. You also have to know the flaws in your own arguments. In the instant case, non-believers simply do not have the evidence to prove their case. At least one poster admitted not knowing the origin of all time, space, and matter. All sides ultimately are relying on faith.

Christians will never be accepted by non-believers. Challenging their intelligence, knowledge or integrity based upon what others with an agenda have to say isn't very objective. So, I cite people that I don't necessarily agree with on every point. If all nonbelievers have is worrying about whether or not organizations of non-believers give the creationist their seal of approval only says to me, nonbelievers realize they don't have factual points so they have to attack the other guy's sources. But, I'm trying to get to the bottom line so if you attack sources because they are not accepted by organizations that have their own agenda that contradicts you, it's not changing the balance of the facts.

When you say there's secular proof of the existence of Jesus that's an assertion, not an interpretation. When you say the writers personally knew Jesus that's an assertion. As for not needing semantics?
I'm quoting varying interpretations. I'm not making assertions. Better check a dictionary.

And no. Admitting that you don't know the origins of time, matter, and space, although time and space we know originated from the Big Bang. Einstein e=mc2 shows that. And we know the Big Bang happened because of the lines of evidence. But let's give you the origin of matter. It is not a weakness in the argument. We can see, feel, touch, and even smell matter. So it's existence requires no faith at all. I don't know who your mother is but it requires no faith on my part to know you have one.

God, on the other hand, does require faith. You can not see him. The books written about him requires believing fantastical things and are often contradictory. No evidence of him is ever presented. At least not evidence that can withstand the process of the scientific method.

Your standard of proof for existence - what you refer to as science has no explanation other than you know some things exist that you sense. You have every right to think that constitutes evidence. That, however does not necessarily make you right.

The Bible gives a logical explanation for the creation of man and our world. But, my view of evidence is in the fact that the Bible has a God that foretold the future in great detail... something your science cannot do. Neither can your science stop what the Bible foretold for the future. We have different standards. What you need to be thinking about is why it is so imperative for you to force me to accept your proposition. Oddly, the Bible predicts that people like you would do that. A wise man once remarked:
"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”

There is a reason you're investing so much time trying to dodge, deflect and circumvent an uncomfortable truth while inferring something is wrong with those who see the same evidence you do and come to an opposite conclusion based on the facts. Matter exists. Of that there is no dispute. But, where did it come from? You don't know because you cannot imagine nothingness and neither can I.

There’s nothing logical about supernaturalism or the supernatural creation of man. Nothing logical about talking serpents. Nothing logical about the gods condemning all of humanity because a supernaturally created human failed a test the gods knew they would fail. The gods lied to A&E (not the cable network). How logical is it that dead men rise or seas part? It never happens in the natural, rational world.

As to the gods foretelling the future, I’m not sure where you get that. The all-knowing, all-seeing bibles were written by men, most of whom are unknown. There’s no indication that any of the gods wrote, dictated or had final editing rights to anything in the Bible. Claiming the Bible had Gods that foretold the future in great detail is simply not true.

Okay, first - With respect to "talking serpents," that was figurative language. Eve did not bite an apple and talk to a snake. If you understood the story, it would make sense to you:

Seas have parted and dead people have come back to life. You should talk to someone who has been declared dead and came back.

The Bible has told us in great detail of events to come and things that happened. Just because you have not been taught various interpretations and tested them does not prove your point.

Re-writing the Bibles is poor cricket, Laddie. If the gods wanted serpents and apples, why change the fable to something not in the Bibles? I think we’ve all read the argument “god says in the Bible, .....”. Have the gods assigned you with editing rights?

I've noticed many times that religionists are convinced that they, and they alone, hold the "true" interpretation of the bibles. They are inerrant in their version of truth and depending on the religionist, that truth ranges from literal interpretation of biblical tales and fables to all of it being an allegorical account.

Since the gods are not descending from the heavens with their black and white striped shirts and whistles to referee the match, I will personally assume the role of final arbiter of biblical "twoof".

As to dead men rising, there are accounts of misdiagnosing and simple error. Please identify a single case of a dead person rising days after their death.

1) The Bible was not written in English. It has been interpreted and the Bible says this:

"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25: 2

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” II Timothy 2: 15

There are literal and figurative truths in the Bible. Parable and symbolic language cannot be understood by those who reject the Bible

2) Since you were not willing to read the provided links in this thread, you are posting out of ignorance. For example, let us identify that "serpent" you had a problem with understanding. Can we use the Bible to interpret the Bible?

“And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” Revelation 12:9

"1 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain.

2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years

It's pretty clear as to who the serpent actually was. Had you read the book I left a link to, there were many complete chapters throughout the Old and New Testaments that prove a common theme that identifies who the "serpent" of Genesis was / is.

3) Men, inspired of God wrote about their experiences. Here are some modern examples of phenomenon that can explain that what the Bible records:

4) When people do die, you attribute it to a "misdiagnosis." That is intellectual dishonesty unless you've ever experienced the actual act. I have experienced it and it was no misdiagnosis. It took me several years to come to grips with and accept as when it happened, God was the furthest thing from my mind and I had no preconceived conceptions and had never known anyone that had gone through it. And that is as far as I will go with anyone who has not been through it. For you to ridicule it and poke fun at it would be like a man ridiculing a rape victim. Until you've been there, you don't know what you're talking about.

Hurling bible verses at me accomplishes what? Using the Bible to prove the Bible is true is fallacious. Otherwise, if you had actually read the genesis fable you might have noticed any number of contradictions within the fable. I’m always surprised that those most willing to cut and paste disconnected verses have never taken the time to actually the stuff.

Item 4) in your list is a misstatement of what I wrote. If you have any verifiable information of dead people rising, please present that information.

I was not using the Bible to prove the Bible. I simply noted some verses which subsequent scientific research has proved true. That would be science proving the Bible.

For centuries Aristotle's model of a fixed eternal universe was accepted. The Bible teaches both that heaven and earth had a beginning (Genesis 1:1) and is not rigid (Isaiah 40:22).

See this article comparing Aristotle's model of a rigid universe with what the Bible teaches:

Oh, and I have studied the Biblical account of creation and not only is it scientifically tenable but also has no contradictions. Note, however, that we (Jehovah's Witnesses) do not accept the creationist doctrine of 24 hour creative days. There are multiple definitions of "day" in Biblical usage and in current English usage - an example of the latter: in Abraham Lincoln's day.

Apparent contradictions in both scientific observations and Biblical research are due to inaccurate interpretations. For example - Genesis 1:1 refers to the creation of the heavens which would include the stars. However, Genesis 1:16 refers to God making stars to appear in the sky when earth's accretion envelopment became somewhat transparent - perhaps between belts more massive than Saturn's rings.

Those who think Gen. 1:16 contradicts Gen. 1:1 fail to note that Gen. 1:1 uses the Hebrew word bara/create whereas Gen. 1:16 uses a form of Hebrew asah in the Hebrew imperfect verb state which is in harmony with a gradual increase in transparency since this verb state involves action in progress which was not then complete. Note this NW footnote:

“And . . . proceeded to make.” Heb., wai·yaʹʽas (from ʽa·sahʹ). Different from “create” (ba·raʼʹ) found in vss 1, 21, 27; 2:3. Progressive action indicated by the imperfect state.

I saw nothing in the Bible verses you posted that came anywhere close to science proving the bibles.

Jehovah's Witnesses are not creationists- we believe in what the Bible actually teaches.

The fact that the terminator was a circle on the surface of earth's primordial waters proves earth is a sphere - see Job 26:10; Proverbs 8:27. The same Hebrew word is used in Isaiah 40:22 which proves earth is round, not flat.

The dating of earth's shield rocks by K-40 dating shows these rocks are near the half-life of K-40. Atmospheric argon contamination calls into question dates of millions of years but not dates of a few billion years.

You might want to know what we actually believe - for example this on the age of the universe and earth, for example:

Excerpt:

"Scientists estimate that the earth is about 4 billion years old and that the universe was born some 13 to 14 billion years ago. The Bible sets no date for the creation of the universe. In no place does it affirm that the earth is only a few thousand years old. The very first verse in the Bible reads: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” (Genesis 1:1) That general statement allows scientists to determine the age of the physical world according to sound scientific principles."

Using a bible verse that tells us nothing and then trying to reverse fit that to science is an old ploy of religionists. Show us something meaningful without the need for outrageous, manipulative, selective interpretation or the typical ”the verse in this context means.....”

You confusion here lies in the fact that you have uncritically accepted the idea that a book written by men unknown is a reliable guide to the end zone of a “creator”. This is all well and good, but it provides no compelling reason for anyone else to accept that same belief.

Your particular sectarian version of gawds is essentially the form of many other gawds that have come and gone before who rule with supreme (even if arbitrary) authority and power. You understand "belief" to mean choosing to follow “his” (often arbitrary, capricious and cruel) rules of behavior.

BTW, the ancient Greek philosopher Pythagoras was among the first to propose the sphericity of the Earth in the 6th century BC, (before the invention of Christianity), using among his proofs how the sail of a ship could be observed to disappear over the curvature of the Earth.

Plato also espoused a spherical Earth in the Phaedra, and his student Aristotle gave his reasoning in his book On the Heavens in 350 BC. His proof rested on the facts that persons living in southern lands see southern constellations higher above the horizon than those living in northern lands, that the shadow of the Earth on the Moon during a lunar eclipse is round, and that since objects fall to Earth towards its center means that if it were constructed of small bits of matter originally, these parts would naturally settle into a spherical shape. His demonstration was so compelling that a spherical Earth was the central assumption of all subsequent philosophers of the Classical era. He also used the curved phases of the moon to argue that the Moon must also be a sphere like the Earth.

In fact, the global nature of the earth was clearly demonstrated by Eratothenes 2,200 years ago (by comparing shadow lengths in Alexandria and Syene at high noon).

You guys make up stuff like glaciers cut into rock and form mountain ranges. That doesn't happen.
It happened in the past and is happening today. Many mountain ranges, like the Himalayas, are still rising. Glaciers are still cutting their valleys. You can see these things with your own eyes.

As for the RATE report, non-affiliated experts who have scrutinised the claims have unanimously rejected them as flawed.

This is just crazy. When have you seen any glaciers? That's only in the ice ages and it would take tremendous amounts of it over many, many, many years to show an effect. Most of the ice has been melting as it normally does in cycles. The fact is we have cooling and warming cycles. It's a fairy tale I was taught as a child. Moreover, the fairy tale of Satan's Antibible of evolution is taught now from elementary to college. Much of education is liberal as the mainstream media. We cannot have the deepest oceans (former valleys) and the highest mountain ranges due to glaciers. None of it is observable. None of your religious beliefs of no God are observable. If they were, then many of us would believe it as yours would be truth. The scientific method would back you up. We would have millions and billions of years as fact.

Instead, you believe in the flawed radioisotope dating. It is rigged. One may have minimalized contamination, but the assumptions are wrong. With radiocarbon dating, the creation scientists weren't allowed to do it on the radioisotope dated articles. Moreover, they assumed like everyone else the C-14 would be gone if evolutionary dating was correct. Instead, they found the C-14 remained. That is impossible if we were millions and billions of years old. Thus, RATE minimalized the contamination and was able to date like others using their radiometric dating. This was peer reviewed by other creation scientists.

Anyway, you can and will continue to argue your lies and false worldview as Satan wants. Only after death you will be convinced. I think that part is easy as Sunday morning unless you experience it on the ground. I grew up in San Francisco and worked in the Bay Area when I was younger and we laughed off the earthquakes for the most part except when Loma Prieta hit in 1989. I was trying to buy World Series tickets, but the ticket counter got bum rushed by very large thuggish men and we were out. I would've gotten tickets as I was near the front of the line. That was the worse catastrophe I have experienced and it stays in your body and deep in the back of your mind for life. You will experience it it first hand in the afterlife for your false beliefs.

''god did it''
''it's in the bible ''

no theory, nothing

Yawn. You may want to make appointments with ophthalmologists and optometrists and get your eyes checked OR take some courses in reading comprehension skills.

Ah. You're angry and emotive. That heavy-handed proselytizing isn't going well?

''god did it''
''it's in the bible ''

no theory, nothing

I have read the Bible several times and you are accusing people of what YOU are guilty of. Furthermore, you did not access nor read provided links. So, your criticisms lack any credibility. The other information was presented. Like everything else you want to dismiss the truth. The facts remain: Just because you disbelieve a fact does not make the fact any less true. If this is going to be a one sided conversation with you spewing ignorance and bigotry, you might find yourself having a conversation with just yourself.

I'm not seeing any "facts". Hurling bible verses offers nothing. The verses you did cut and paste support my earlier comment about talking serpents. I have no reason to accept that serpents ever talked.

However, as you stated, the bibles have been interpreted. That's too bad, What a shame your gods couldn't come up with a method to make their communications understandable.

Why are your gawds such inept communicators?

Of course, your gods have chosen a painfully inept way to "keep the truth" since there's a glut of holy texts, religions, sects, and beliefs, so many of them contradicting one another. I find it amusing that the gawds of ancient Egypt come down to us through the ages clearly and without an iota of change in the "holy words" as they were chiseled into stone 3 and 4 thousand years ago. A direct link from then to now. No translation issues, no gaps, no redacting. It doesn't make their content true, mind you -- but it does make the content pristine.

It would be hard for the Egyptian chiseled "holy inscriptions" to go through the laughable circus attending the "holy words of Jehovah" or those other gawds. Something that Yahweh wasn't able to manage. Some people prefer their myths scribbled and faded on parchment rather than chiseled in stone.

''god did it''
''it's in the bible ''

no theory, nothing

You are the one seeking proselytes. Have you taken a look at how many posts you have here? You challenged me for information. I didn't care to discuss it with you. My whole point is that whether you are a believer or non-believer, you end up making up your mind on faith, not what you can prove. You just assume that time, space, matter, etc. exist. And, since you cannot overcome those facts, you go after Christians and read into the Bible to prove your own presuppositions (which are not supported by Scripture.)

I can leave this thread at any moment. When you quit addressing me, I have nothing left to say. You can't make that claim. You have to concoct stuff to say about me and then keep me in your argument as you seek validation for a position that you yourself don't believe in. You have your panties in a wad because you've failed to come up with anything, anything at all to promote your erroneous thinking.

God loves you. I'm making the effort, but you don't make it easy. You cannot afford for Christians to believe. And so, you're here every day, arguing with them as if you will get some validation by perverting Scripture. AND, by now, you realize that you pervert the Bible in order to justify an untenable position. If you want me to change your mind, I will do it. I just don't need to. When you want it, you will ask.

''god did it''
''it's in the bible ''

no theory, nothing

You are the one seeking proselytes. Have you taken a look at how many posts you have here? You challenged me for information. I didn't care to discuss it with you. My whole point is that whether you are a believer or non-believer, you end up making up your mind on faith, not what you can prove. You just assume that time, space, matter, etc. exist. And, since you cannot overcome those facts, you go after Christians and read into the Bible to prove your own presuppositions (which are not supported by Scripture.)

I can leave this thread at any moment. When you quit addressing me, I have nothing left to say. You can't make that claim. You have to concoct stuff to say about me and then keep me in your argument as you seek validation for a position that you yourself don't believe in. You have your panties in a wad because you've failed to come up with anything, anything at all to promote your erroneous thinking.

God loves you. I'm making the effort, but you don't make it easy. You cannot afford for Christians to believe. And so, you're here every day, arguing with them as if you will get some validation by perverting Scripture. AND, by now, you realize that you pervert the Bible in order to justify an untenable position. If you want me to change your mind, I will do it. I just don't need to. When you want it, you will ask.

I don't need faith to reach conclusions. I can use supported data not reliant on magic and supernaturalism. As to how many posts I have in thread, how many am I allowed to have?

Yeah, I assume that time, space, matter, etc. exist. Shame on me.

How do you know the gods love me? Are you hearing voices?

It seems you're angry and flustered that your street corner proselytizing has not won converts.

.... The “fine tuning” argument is standard fare from the various creation ministries but makes no sense in terms of the violence and chaos in the universe and our solar system. ...

One moment please. Even in case of an absolute determinism of everything we are in principle not able to know a lot about the future because of the "chaos" (=nonlinear mathematics) of the universe. So we don't know whether the sun will shine tomorrow. But it started to shine every morning since billions of years. Thanks god we live in a very boring and peaceful place of the universe. That's why life is able to exist here.

And the fine tuning argument is in general very interesting in context with parallel universes (what's a still not provable mathematical idea of physicists, which is very fascinating). Not only that we see with our own eyes, that nearly no matter is part of a life form - so it looks not like matter has the tendence to become alive on its own. Also we still did not find anything what makes really plausible that anywere in the universe exist any other life forms.
The probability for places where life is possible are perhaps somewhere in the near of infinty - on the other side is the possibility of life somewhere nearly 0. Here on our own planet - absolutelly best conditions for life - big parts are hot deserts, ice deserts or water deserts in the oceans. Life is much easier hurtable and destroyable than most people think. A very little unimportant cosmic accient and "Good night, planet Earth".

What will be after such an accident? No life here - perhaps no life in the whole universe - but life in parallel universes? I heard when a special natural constant makes only a difference in the 16th position after the decimal point, then our universe would not be able to have natural laws, which allow the existence of life. What means this? When we could search in parallel universes whether they are able to bear life and we would need only 1 second to find out "yes" or "no", then we had to search only becasue of this natural constant about 1,000,000,000,000,000 seconds. This are about 32 billion years. With other words: no chance to find life in parallel universes.

Oh by the way. Had ever anyone in the United States of America the very strange idea it could be good to respect and to protect all and every life, because life is the most valueable form of matter of the solar system, the whole universe and all thinkable parallel universes too? And I warn you - yes I warn you personally, whoever you are. In the end of time I will not go to god to tell him "Sorry, daddy: We destroyed your living creation". I will send you to tell him this. Good luck.

Last edited:
God loves you.

Yes, this is true. God loves us wholly and unconditionally, but while we are living. Once, we are dead he still loves us but there are those who went against him. It's my opinion that the believers have the one greatest commandment. However, it's also my opinion that the non-believers have their greatest commandment as the first commandment. They put Satan's Antibible of evolution in front of God. They have to obey their one commandment and put John 3:16 first but only they can repent, i.e. change their own minds.

''god did it''
''it's in the bible ''

no theory, nothing

I don't need faith to reach conclusions. I can use supported data not reliant on magic and supernaturalism. As to how many posts I have in thread, how many am I allowed to have?

Yeah, I assume that time, space, matter, etc. exist. Shame on me.

How do you know the gods love me? Are you hearing voices?

It seems you're angry and flustered that your street corner proselytizing has not won converts.

I'm not proselytizing; you are. Deflect much?

God loves you.

Yes, this is true. God loves us wholly and unconditionally, but while we are living. Once, we are dead he still loves us but there are those who went against him. It's my opinion that the believers have the one greatest commandment. However, it's also my opinion that the non-believers have their greatest commandment as the first commandment. They put Satan's Antibible of evolution in front of God. They have to obey their one commandment and put John 3:16 first but only they can repent, i.e. change their own minds.

And that is why I said I can only help Hollie when she decides.

''god did it''
''it's in the bible ''

no theory, nothing

Jehovah's Witnesses are not creationists- we believe in what the Bible actually teaches.

The fact that the terminator was a circle on the surface of earth's primordial waters proves earth is a sphere - see Job 26:10; Proverbs 8:27. The same Hebrew word is used in Isaiah 40:22 which proves earth is round, not flat.

The dating of earth's shield rocks by K-40 dating shows these rocks are near the half-life of K-40. Atmospheric argon contamination calls into question dates of millions of years but not dates of a few billion years.

You might want to know what we actually believe - for example this on the age of the universe and earth, for example:

Excerpt:

"Scientists estimate that the earth is about 4 billion years old and that the universe was born some 13 to 14 billion years ago. The Bible sets no date for the creation of the universe. In no place does it affirm that the earth is only a few thousand years old. The very first verse in the Bible reads: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” (Genesis 1:1) That general statement allows scientists to determine the age of the physical world according to sound scientific principles."

The fact that the terminator was a circle on the surface of earth's primordial waters proves earth is a sphere - see Job 26:10; Proverbs 8:27
Job 26:10 New King James Version (NKJV)

10 He drew a circular horizon on the face of the waters,
At the boundary of light and darkness.

is there a diagram with the proverb ...

that's interesting - how would you draw a flat horizon ... they were just funning with galileo hehe.

* which was first primordial molten Earth (it did not glow) or its primordial waters ...

Yes, there are other books that present gods - but only one that is scientifically accurate: the Bibl
Well that's false. The number of scientifically inaccurate parts of the Bible is staggering.no, people don't come back from the dead. No, people can't part seas, or cure disease on a whim. And many more.

God loves you.

God loves us wholly and unconditionally, but while we are living.
was that before or after noah and the prescribed religion of antiquity ... and also they said they would let it play out without interruption, that means there will only be one version of humanity in the end a triumph one or the other ... hopefully the desert religions will be long past.

Well that's false. The number of scientifically inaccurate parts of the Bible is staggering.no, people don't come back from the dead. No, people can't part seas, or cure disease on a whim. And many more.

People can't, but God can. There were witnesses. Anyway, those who aren't ignorant like you have a different theory:

'"I’m arguing that the historical event happened in 1250 B.C., and the memories of it have been recorded in Exodus," says Drews. "The people of the time gloried in God and gave God credit."

Carl Drews

Carl Drews

The idea may sound hard to believe -- and it certainly has its many detractors -- but Drews's research was conducted for his atmospheric and ocean sciences master's thesis at the University of Colorado, Boulder, published in a peer reviewed journal (PLOS One), and then promoted by his employer, the National Center for Atmospheric Research, a top U.S. research center. Taken as a piece of science that establishes the physical possibility of a body of water parting, it is solid work, says Greg Holland, a hurricane researcher and colleague of Drews who is familiar with the paper.
"Did the parting of the sea really happen? We will never know," says Holland. "But Carl Drews has used impeccable science to show both where and how it may have happened."'

was that before or after noah and the prescribed religion of antiquity ... and also they said they would let it play out without interruption, that means there will only be one version of humanity in the end a triumph one or the other ... hopefully the desert religions will be long past.

Both. We know that God punished Adam and Eve, but their punishment was spelled out to them before their sin. Today, our punishment of the Lake of Fire is spelled out to us for our sin. Yet, because God loves us wholly and unconditionally, he gave us a way out through Jesus Christ. What is weird is atheists believe in God when they have to face him for their sins. They think he'll be a loving God after their deaths. This isn't the way God works. One has to repent for their sins first or else they end up spiritually dead.

Before Noah's time, it's my opinion that the world was much harsher. It seems hard to believe that angels roamed the Earth. There seemed to be a gateway from heaven to Earth (4th dimension to 3rd dimension?). However, God changed things before the global flood. God shortened our lives through gamma radiation to 120 years. He seemed to have closed the gateway after the global flood where we do not have physical presence of angels and demons anymore. We do see their influence and tricks though.

Today, I think God has shortened our lives even more to 90 years as the magnetic field has weakened. This is further evidence for a young Earth as the magnetic field would not last millions of years.

Anyway, the above is for the others here. It isn't for you as you just end up getting it jumbled up in your head.

Both. We know that God punished Adam and Eve, but their punishment was spelled out to them before their sin. Today, our punishment of the Lake of Fire is spelled out to us for our sin. Yet, because God loves us wholly and unconditionally, he gave us a way out through Jesus Christ. What is weird is atheists believe in God when they have to face him for their sins. They think he'll be a loving God after their deaths. This isn't the way God works. One has to repent for their sins first or else they end up spiritually dead.

Before Noah's time, it's my opinion that the world was much harsher. It seems hard to believe that angels roamed the Earth. There seemed to be a gateway from heaven to Earth (4th dimension to 3rd dimension?). However, God changed things before the global flood. God shortened our lives through gamma radiation to 120 years. He seemed to have closed the gateway after the global flood where we do not have physical presence of angels and demons anymore. We do see their influence and tricks though.

Today, I think God has shortened our lives even more to 90 years as the magnetic field has weakened. This is further evidence for a young Earth as the magnetic field would not last millions of years.

Anyway, the above is for the others here. It isn't for you as you just end up getting it jumbled up in your head.
look who's equivocating - the one who reads their 10,000 page book of forgeries written by crucifiers -

or the Almighty's prescribed, spoken religion of antiquity - the triumph of good vs evil.

* can there be any but one answer.

God loves you.

And that is why I said I can only help Hollie when she decides.
You have something of a creepy fascination with proselytizing.

If your current gods aren’t getting converts, maybe you need new gods.

I can only help you when you decide to be honest with yourself and others.

1. In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.
^
Done. It's done. He had also created angels by then. God also threw Satan and a third of the angels out of heaven, to earth, like a lightening bolt:
Luke 10:18 And he said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

Rev.12:9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Read the 2nd sentence in Genesis:
2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
^
And is an adversative conjunction, better translated as but, and suggests significant time had elapsed.

Was, in that context, is a pluperfect form transitive verb, indicating action and time. Had become is a better translation. It was also used in that form to describe what happened to Lot's wife. It is past participle tense.

The earth was not originally void and formless. That would be a lack of creating. And darkness here is the same description as in Exodus 10: 22. It is not an absence of light. It is an unnatural darkness. War was being fought here.

The sentences actually read:
In the beginning ( to start out with ) God created the Heaven and Earth. But it had become without form, and void; and an unnatural darkness was upon the face of the deep.

We are not given the time line between the creating of Heaven and Earth and then the need for a makeover, and the creating of the Adamic race. Eternal time was still being used, prior to the creating of day and night. Billions of years to us, means not even a second of eternal time had passed.

Last edited:
I've explained this several times before, but the atheists and their scientists just do not get it.

The solar wind would've done us in millions of years as the magnetic field would've just let the sun shine in. You guys believe in CO2 damage which is false, but not solar wind.

"The solar wind streams plasma and particles from the sun out into space. Though the wind is constant, its properties aren't. What causes this stream, and how does it affect the Earth? "

What is solar wind?

"The Earth’s magnetic field is an important barrier that protects us all from harmful solar radiation. Charged particles from solar wind bombard the Earth on a daily basis, but the strong force of the magnetic field keeps them at bay. "

"The earth is surrounded by a magnetic field that protects living things from solar radiation. Without it, life could not exist. That’s why scientists were surprised to discover that the field is quickly wearing down. At the current rate, the field and thus the earth could be no older than 20,000 years old."

You reap what you sow. That's getting exposed to solar wind while looking for aliens for some of the foolish here. It's useless to talk the fools to change their minds.

Forum List

Back