CPAC: Speaker pledges end of American democracy to wild applause.

except the constitution says different,,

you need to read it and buy a dictionary,,
The constitution said "we the people" but forgot to mention that it didn't include most of the country as "the people".

So I guess I'm only going to take it with a grain of salt.

If you want to be a republic but not a democracy, it means you want to go back to when we didn't let most of the country vote.

We are a Republic. The word democracy is not in the Constitution.
WE here in AMERICA have been using the word DEMOCRACY
ALMOST FOREVER. TO DESCRIBE OUR SELFS.
Now you say this word no longer describes us.
Would you be honest and admit the word you wish to replace it with is THEOCRACY

The constitution said "we the people" but forgot to mention that it didn't include most of the country as "the people".

So I guess I'm only going to take it with a grain of salt.

If you want to be a republic but not a democracy, it means you want to go back to when we didn't let most of the country vote.
it included everyone,,

we are a constitutional republic not a democracy,,,

WE here in AMERICA have been using the word DEMOCRACY
ALMOST FOREVER. TO DESCRIBE OUR SELFS.
Now you say this word no longer describes us.
Would you be honest and admit the word you wish to replace it with is THEOCRACY
no we havent,, its a new thing pushed by progressives to gaslight younger generations,,

if asked it would never cross my mind to say anything but a constitutional republic,,

PLEASE one of you (we are not a democracy people) answer the question
IF you don't want Democracy BE HONEST,
is what you want a THEOCRACY
why does it have to be one of those two options??

our constitutional republic would do just fine if dems and repubes would follow it,,

and democracy is a horrible system that always ends in millions dead or enslaved,,

Of course you don't. You never have. You can only vote for people who are eligible for the office.

Determining the eligibility of a candidate is not disenfranchising anyone.

Disenfranchisement means that you've taken away their vote entirely. Like when Trump tried to get a few states to take away the people's vote for president in 2020 and replace the electors with people chosen by the state representatives. That's actual disenfranchisment.
LOL So you are telling us that if Texas passed a law that no Democrat can appear on a Texas ballot, you're completely comfortable with that. No disenfranchisement, you can vote for whomever you want.

LOL SO you are telling us that if Texas passed a law that no Democrat can appear on a Texas ballot, you're completely comfortable with that. No disenfranchisement, you can vote for whomever you want.
The states don't have the authority to do so. It would take a constitutional amendment.

CO and ME haven't passed any laws to limit eligibility for president.

The constitution limits eligibility for president. CO and ME are going off what the constitution says.
All right, if you want to play fucking game No candidate from the Democrat party can appear on a ballot for state office. You're fine with that. You can vote for whomever you want. No disfranchisement.

All right, if you want to play fucking game No candidate from the Democrat party can appear on a ballot for state office. You're fine with that. You can vote for whomever you want. No disfranchisement.
That's just straight up political persecution and government authoritarianism.

But you're fine with that. You can vote for whomever you want. No disfranchisement. That's your argument
Just because it's not "disenfranchisement" per se, doesn't mean I'm fine with it.

The rules in the constitution for who is eligible to run for president apply equally to everyone. Not specific to party.

Did the constitution disenfranchise us when it said we can't vote for a president under 35?

Just because it's not "disenfranchisement" per se, doesn't mean I'm fine with it

LOL So taking your party's candidates off the ballot is not disenfranchisement? Too funny.

The rules in the constitution for who is eligible to run for president apply equally to everyone. Not specific to party.

Did the constitution disenfranchise us when it said we can't vote for a president under 35?
We dealt with your bullshit deflection. State law, state ballot. Focus here.

Forum List

Back