COVID: What's next?

We need to grow up and we need to do it fast.
Meaning everyone must strive to be just like you

obviously modesty is your best quality

the agent for change, the antidote to business as usual in washington was in the oval office and you could not wait to drive him out of town and replace him with joe biden who will get you no change whatsoever

I'm going to hope that we can stay on topic here. There are already more than enough threads on vaccine efficacy.

It's becoming more and more clear that we're not going to get enough people vaccinated to create a "herd immunity", or whatever the hell we were hoping for. Those who are against this -- whatever their reasons -- appear to have won. Their individual "freedom" and their "liberty" remain intact, and the rest will be able to avoid it for whatever reason it is that scares them.

All that excitement about getting the vaccines available is over. Wasted.

So let's get real: Now that we have decided the virus and its future variants and mutations aren't going away, how do you think this plays out in terms of public health? In terms of how it affects the economy?

What's next? How do you see this playing out?
Next comes Covid Max.

The thing people are forgetting is that Biden and his Never-Trump base are the ones responsible right now.

I didn't vote for that doofus, its really up to him and his peeps to resolve the problem.

We have an electoral system in this country, and you get to rule if you are deemed the winner. But ruling is a two edged sword, if you don't resolve the issue, the people will remember.

"Current approaches to COVID-19 therapies generally fall into two categories: antivirals — which prevent the virus from multiplying — and immune modulators — which help the immune system to fight the virus or stop it from overreacting dangerously. Some potential therapies act in a different way or via multiple mechanisms."

I'm going to hope that we can stay on topic here. There are already more than enough threads on vaccine efficacy.

It's becoming more and more clear that we're not going to get enough people vaccinated to create a "herd immunity", or whatever the hell we were hoping for. Those who are against this -- whatever their reasons -- appear to have won. Their individual "freedom" and their "liberty" remain intact, and the rest will be able to avoid it for whatever reason it is that scares them.

So let's get real: Now that we have decided the virus and its future variants and mutations aren't going away, how do you think this plays out in terms of public health? In terms of how it affects the economy?

Yes we need more threads on the vaccine’s INEFFICACY.

Right now, 630+ treatment drug development programs underway:

Most common are based on "immuno-modulators", which evidently create changes in the immune system. The term "modulate" might indicate that those changes can (hopefully) be effectively manipulated.

Eat a healthy diet, fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts etc. Stay away from processed foods, carbonated sweet drinks. Get to a healthy weight for your age. Walk, exercise. Drink lots of water. Healthy food is the best medicine.

Last edited:

Viruses mutate Mac, that's what they do. All of them. Vaccination doesn't prevent that and in fact sometimes medications cause mutations as the virus attempts to fight the block.

What we do in the future will depend entirely of who's in control and where one lives. Some places will be free while others will be under totalitarian type rules.
Meanwhile the medical industry will do what they always do and try to create more drugs.

I think it's quite possible that this battle is over. We failed.

So it seems to me that we have to concentrate on other ways of dealing with this.
you're wrong. We have not failed...yet.

But when a variant arises out of the human Petrie dishes that refuse to vax and it is one that the vaccine can't deal with

THEN

we have lost

Eat a healthy diet, fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts etc. Stay away from processed foods, carbonated sweet drinks. Get to a healthy weight for your age. Walk, exercise. Drink lots of water.
Do all of that...refuse to be vaccinated...get exposed to the virus (and you will )and none of that will matter.

At that point you will be a statistic

you're wrong. We have not failed...yet.
But when a variant arises out of the human Petrie dishes that refuse to vax and it is one that the vaccine can't deal with
THEN
we have lost
I hope you're right, but we need to do something while we're waiting and hoping.

Nice to know that so many treatment programs and trials are underway.

I think it's quite possible that this battle is over. We failed.

So it seems to me that we have to concentrate on other ways of dealing with this.

We failed but it wasn't because of people who don't want a shot full of hazardous chemicals injected into themselves. We have a nation of obese people who chow down on processed foods and sugar drinks. Those negate the immune system and cause hundreds of chronic illnesses. Our immune system is capable of fighting off disease if its healthy and not obese.

We failed but it wasn't because of people who don't want a shot full of hazardous chemicals injected into themselves. We have a nation of obese people who chow down on processed foods and sugar drinks. Those negate the immune system and cause hundreds of chronic illnesses. Our immune system is capable of fighting off disease if its healthy and not obese.
Horse shit

Horse shit
Our younger daughter is a microbiologist and works at a lab that's doing testing and research. I was talking to her yesterday.

She confirmed what I've been assuming, that some significant discoveries have come along while this thing is being worked on. She's confident that what we've learned to date will speed up the process of finding treatments. BUT, she's also concerned that variants will speed up and intensify enough that we end up trying to play Whack-A-Mole with this.

Forum List

Back