Court Sanctions Trump Lawyers Sydney Powell, Linn Wood et al For Lying About Election Fraud

Hey...i missed this..they all have to pay the City of Detroit the full cost of the lawsuit..as well as having to pay all the city attorneys that worked on the case..and all expenses the defendants incurred in defending this frivolous suit.

Accordingly,
IT IS ORDERED that the motions for sanctions filed by the State
Defendants (ECF No. 105) and City of Detroit (ECF No. 78) are GRANTED.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Plaintiffs’ attorneys shall jointly and
severally pay the fees and costs incurred by the State Defendants and the City of
Detroit to defend this action. See Fed. R. Civ. P. 11(c)(4).
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that within fourteen (14) days of this
Opinion and Order, the State Defendants and City of Detroit shall submit time and
expense records, specifying for each attorney who performed work on the matter,
the date, the hours expended, the nature of the work performed, and, where
applicable, the attorney’s hourly rate.
I am sure Trump will cover the bills since it was for his benefit. Wouldn't it be a delicious moment if the lawyers for Trump campaign that are having to pay sue Trump for the balance due?

the court referred them with a recommendation for disbarment..and expressed the court's concern about Powell profiting from these filings.
Speaking for that poor avatar of mine, well, this is encouraging news.
Spank the hell outta them.
Set an example.
Discourage future jackassery.

IMHO
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Democrats engaged in massive election tampering/fraud and massive voter suppression..."

Sure, poster MinTrut, no doubt you sincerely believe that.
However, credible responsible authorities charged with ensuring election integrity.....both Republican and Democrat officials have ruled it was a square and honest election.

Yet, there you are.
Asserting otherwise.

So, with no desire to be too blunt.......the questions must be posed:
If you know it is true. Can you prove it?
If you can, why haven't you?

Wouldn't it be the patriotic American thing to do to take your deadsolidperfect evidence to the FBI? or to your state's AG? or your Congressional Representative?

In short, why whine and complain if you are unwilling to put your shoulder to the wheel and do some work to prove your conviction?

No disrespect intended.

"....experience and past history tells us all we need to know..."

????
Ummm, I don't think I quite grasp your meaning.

Are you saying......as it certainly appears you are.......well, are you saying that your experience and perception of history tells you that Judge Parker did not rule the way she did against Powell, et al.?

If that is what you are asserting, well, mi amigo, I think that is really really curious.
I am curious just how your experience and sense of history helped you come to that conclusion.

Wanna be our Sherpa on that, poster Rambunctious?

Wow. The judge is referring the whole thing to the proper authorities to revoke all of the lawyer's licenses.

The judge says in the ruling:

"This lawsuit represents a historic and profound abuse of the judicial process," Parker said in her decision, adding that the case "was never about fraud - it was about undermining the People's faith in our democracy and debasing the judicial process to do so."

The judge said Powell, Wood, and other lawyers who worked with them "have scorned their oath, flouted the rules, and attempted to undermine the integrity of the judiciary along the way."

Parker on Thursday also ordered the pro-Trump lawyers to reimburse election officials for the cost of defending the lawsuit. The amount will be determined by the judge in the coming months, said David Fink, a lawyer for the City of Detroit who requested sanctions, in an interview.
How do you prove abuse without a trial to first see the evidence?

Speaking for that poor avatar of mine, well, this is encouraging news.
Spank the hell outta them.
Set an example.
Discourage future jackassery.

IMHO
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure, poster MinTrut, no doubt you sincerely believe that.
Irrelevant - it's true.
However, credible responsible authorities charged with ensuring election integrity.....both Republican and Democrat officials have ruled it was a square and honest election.
It never is, but this one was outrageously corrupt/criminal.
Yet, there you are.
Astute.
Asserting otherwise.
Facts are facts.
So, with no desire to be too blunt...
Manners are nice. :)
....the questions must be posed:
If you know it is true.
Irrelevant.
Can you prove it?
Google it.
If you can, why haven't you?
Obama's a massive war criminal (for instance); that's a fact too, but no one cares.

The system is MASSIVELY corrupt, and 2020 was corruption on corruption with a side of corruption.
Wouldn't it be the patriotic American thing to do to take your deadsolidperfect evidence to the FBI?
Waste of time. The corruption hides in plain sight.
or to your state's AG?
See above.
or your Congressional Representative?
See above.
In short, why whine and complain
Why do Democrats do this?
if you are unwilling to put your shoulder to the wheel and do some work to prove your conviction?
Waste of time; see above.
No disrespect intended.
I've always found Democrats to be the very soul of politeness...

It won't matter to the Trump cultists because, you know, cult.

But this coming was about as obvious as a new day or winter coming.

The attorneys who filed the instant lawsuit abused the well-established rules applicable to the litigation process by proffering claims not backed by law; proffering claims not backed by evidence (but instead, speculation, conjecture, and unwarranted suspicion); proffering factual allegations and claims without engaging in the required prefiling inquiry; and dragging out these proceedings even after they acknowledged that it was too late to attain the relief sought.​
And this case was never about fraud—it was about undermining the People’s faith in our democracy and debasing the judicial process to do so. ...​
[A]ttorneys take an oath to uphold and honor our legal system. The sanctity of both the courtroom and the litigation process are preserved only when attorneys adhere to this oath and follow the rules, and only when courts impose sanctions when attorneys do not. And despite the haze of confusion, commotion, and chaos counsel intentionally attempted to create by filing this lawsuit, one thing is perfectly clear: Plaintiffs’ attorneys have scorned their oath, flouted the rules, and attempted to undermine the integrity of the judiciary along the way.​

A great day for American justice! Judge Linda Parker released the Kraken.

1629949282488.png

Last edited:
That is quite a stark and opinionated comment on the weight of the evidence, don't you think?
Let's examine "the weight of the evidence". We have lawyers presenting lawsuits so flimsy they are not just trying to justify their actions by denying they had a substantial hand in it. “I played absolutely no role in the drafting of the complaint, just to be clear,” Wood told Parker. “I did not review any of the documents with respect to the complaint. My name was placed on there, but I had no involvement.” But the judge is imposing sanctions including the Court concludes that the sanctions imposed should include mandatory continuing legal education in the subjects of pleading standards and election law,” https://storage.courtlistener.com/r...d.350905/gov.uscourts.mied.350905.172.0_3.pdf

"The weight of the evidence" allows for only 2 possible conclusions. Either the lawyers sanctioned here were "sick when they taught law in law school , or "the case "was never about fraud - it was about undermining the People's faith in our democracy and debasing the judicial process to do so." Only one of those is likely.

How do you prove abuse without a trial to first see the evidence?
You don't need a trial to see the evidence. A judge can and does rule on the validity of the evidence when the motion is filed. In this case, just the merits of the claim were judged

As to Plaintiffs’ claim that Defendants violated the Elections and Electors Clauses by deviating from the requirements of the Michigan Election Code, the Court pointed out that Plaintiffs failed to “explain how or why such violations of state election procedures automatically amount to violations of the clauses”

With respect to Plaintiffs’ attempt to establish an equal protection claim based on the theory that Defendants engaged in tactics to, among other things, switch votes for Former President Trump to votes for President Biden, the Court found the allegations to be based on nothing more than belief, conjecture, and speculation rather than fact. (Id. at Pg ID 3326-28.)

The claim was also judged.

The Court concluded that Plaintiffs’ lawsuit was subject to dismissal based on any one of several legal theories: (i) their claims were barred by Eleventh Amendment Case 2:20-cv-13134-LVP-RSW ECF No. 172, PageID.6897 Filed 08/25/21 Page 8 of 110 9 immunity; (ii) their claims were barred under the doctrine of laches; (iii) they lacked standing; (iv) their claims were moot; and (v) abstention was appropriate under the doctrine set forth in Colorado River Water Conservation District v. United States, 424 U.S. 800 (1976). (Id. at Pg ID 3301-24.)

So not only was the case judged by the evidence presented, it was deemed bogus for a number of other reasons.

That is quite a stark and opinionated comment on the weight of the evidence, don't you think?
"This lawsuit represents a historic and profound abuse of the judicial process," Parker said in her decision, adding that the case "was never about fraud - it was about undermining the People's faith in our democracy and debasing the judicial process to do so." ibid

Exactly.

Conservatives know there was no ‘fraud’ – it was only about sowing chaos and mistrust in the democratic process for some perceived partisan benefit.

The ‘lawsuit’ is yet another example of the right’s dishonesty and propensity for lying.

The deranged Democrat Death Cult counts judges among its numbers - not news.

The Democrats engaged in massive election tampering/fraud and massive voter suppression - much worse than usual for them.

And their judges will of course cover up for them.

Nothing new here.
Here we Go again.
You're no different to the attorneys mentioned above. No evidence just bullshit. Give up son. You're flogging a dead horse.

It won't matter to the Trump cultists because, you know, cult.

But this coming was about as obvious as a new day or winter coming.

The attorneys who filed the instant lawsuit abused the well-established rules applicable to the litigation process by proffering claims not backed by law; proffering claims not backed by evidence (but instead, speculation, conjecture, and unwarranted suspicion); proffering factual allegations and claims without engaging in the required prefiling inquiry; and dragging out these proceedings even after they acknowledged that it was too late to attain the relief sought.​
And this case was never about fraud—it was about undermining the People’s faith in our democracy and debasing the judicial process to do so. ...​
[A]ttorneys take an oath to uphold and honor our legal system. The sanctity of both the courtroom and the litigation process are preserved only when attorneys adhere to this oath and follow the rules, and only when courts impose sanctions when attorneys do not. And despite the haze of confusion, commotion, and chaos counsel intentionally attempted to create by filing this lawsuit, one thing is perfectly clear: Plaintiffs’ attorneys have scorned their oath, flouted the rules, and attempted to undermine the integrity of the judiciary along the way.​

By 'court' you mean the flaming liberal black female civil rights attorney Obama nominated to the district court in Detroit, got it. I think we all know why you forgot that part. :auiqs.jpg:

By 'court' you mean the flaming liberal black female civil rights attorney Obama nominated to the district court in Detroit, got it. I think we all know why you forgot that part. :auiqs.jpg:
Conservatives aren’t going to stop lying about election ‘fraud’ no matter the facts and evidence in support of a fair, accurate, and honest election.

For conservatives it’s about their fear of, and contempt for, the democratic process and desire to undermine and destroy that process.

Forum List

Back