Country Music Didn't "Die"...

You can't go wrong with anything that has Tom T. Hall's name on it...

I am a fool for a good songwriter... Hell everybody can sing, some just sing better than others... Not everyone can write a great song...

Thanks for the OP...

Good country is where you find it, whether Nashville likes it or not.
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No way Ken Burns did a country doc? Is it 15 hours long?!

Country Music: A Film by Ken Burns: Season 1
Documentary 2019 Unrated English
Official Show

Ken Burns's eight-part, 16-hour documentary series, COUNTRY MUSIC, chronicles the history of a uniquely American art form, focusing on the biographies of the fascinating characters who created it.

I have been accused of being a cold hearted bastard on more than one occasion... And it's true, I don't get emotional about a whole lot of things... Good music melts my heart... This show had me in tears more than once...

What do people think about these next few? On the one hand, I think is't great music, but then their appearance gives me pause because of what I have been conditioned to think about country musicians.

Maybe a bad example but I am referring to facial piecings, facial tattoos etc

Maybe a bad example but I am referring to facial piecings, facial tattoos etc

While it might not be a style or way of expressing ourselves we might choose, think about the 'Red Headed Stranger' and the hell he caught in the 'ole boy' country music mafia... To fit in you had to have a Flat Top George Jones haircut and suit like Porter Wagner... Willie said 'phuck that' and grew his hair out and wore the clothes he wanted to wear... Become an 'Outlaw' and was damn good at it...

Nooo. Similar to rock, hip hop, r&b, whatever; corporate media and radio, controls a lot of whom or what gets made.
like i said real country music died sometime last century.....Hank Williams and others would hardly recognize the so called country music of this century...

Despite her transition from country music to pop, the superstar has not completely turned her back on her country roots. In 2017, she won a CMA Award for writing Little Big Town 's "Better Man ...

Granted she is not Tammy Wynette or Loretta Lynn but she started out in Country Music and became a crossover star and followed the big bucks... She is quite the self promoter...
I knew that. Thanks Mr. Moto! :abgg2q.jpg:

Not a big Lee Ann Womack fan but there is this.

The following is my most favorite collaboration and solo song from her.

real country music died sometime last century.....
To me, it is still very much alive as long as it is still played.

I am a fool for a good songwriter... Hell everybody can sing, some just sing better than others... Not everyone can write a great song...
Amen to this!

God bless you three and all of my favorites who are still here always!!!

Holly

to many of them sound alike.....
If you are meaning the people who are considered country these days, I agree, but as long as a person continues to play their favorites especially if no one else is giving your favorite material the time a day anymore, is the music really dead? I don't think so.

God bless you and my favorites who are still here always!!!

Holly

If you are meaning the people who are considered country these days, I agree, but as long as a person continues to play their favorites especially if no one else is giving your favorite material the time a day anymore, is the music really dead? I don't think so.

God bless you and my favorites who are still here always!!!

Holly
that is who i am referring to, the new people over the last 20-30 years...the great majority of them all sound similar....

Forum List

Back