Coolest example of Convergent Evolution

Fort Fun Indiana

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
This might be my favorite example of covergent evolution so far.

First, these two animals are on basically opposite sides of the "dinosaur family tree". Yet look at how similar they are.

Second... dinosaurs

Tyrannosaurus rex

c49380606db546b4e61c136fbbe804fc

1024px-Tyrannosaurus_Rex_Holotype.jpg

Meraxes gigas (Went extinct at least 20 million years before T Rex appeared elsewhere on the planet)

9dbb4892e398949125f1dba23826bd72

ZK4TWDJNTVMPHOZDJ2M3JNBKKQ.jpg

Last edited:
you don't know what it is and it is a ridiculous made up evolutionist theory anyway. LOLOL

Since the OP would deign to answer the question, I cheated. It’s a sin to use wiki. I’m a sinner. But still:

Convergent evolution is the independent evolution of similar features in species of different periods or epochs in time. Convergent evolution creates analogous structures that have similar form or function but were not present in the last common ancestor of those groups. The cladistic term for the same phenomenon is homoplasy. The recurrent evolution of flight is a classic example, as flying insects, birds, pterosaurs, and bats have independently evolved the useful capacity of flight.

^ As lifted from wiki: Convergent evolution - Wikipedia

It is distinguished from “divergent evolution.”

Since the OP would deign to answer the question, I cheated. It’s a sin to use wiki. I’m a sinner. But still:

^ As lifted from wiki: Convergent evolution - Wikipedia

It is distinguished from “divergent evolution.”
No, wiki is fine. But everyone has access. Including the guy pretending to want to know what convergent evolution is. You are wasting your time.

No, wiki is fine. But everyone has access. Including the guy pretending to want to know what convergent evolution is. You are wasting your time.
Wiki is useful as a point of departure to maybe begin looking into subject matters. Otherwise, I don’t recommend it.

On the other hand, I enjoyed your topic here. Thanks. I find science fascinating even if I never had a chance of being a scientist.

Forum List

Back