Conservatives who oppose withdrawing from Afghanistan, what would you do?

Of course W did things I never would have done. He went nation building. I wouldn't have done that
there isn't evidence of that. He provided the clerics the ability to allow their people freedom. Nothing wrong with that. It should have had a deadline and it didn't.

No. They didn't. They said they were willing to discuss it, "if" they were provided with evidence to suit them and "if" the US agreed to stop bombing, "if" the US agreed to Bin Laden being handed over to a third party outside US influence, etc, etc, etc ...

Quite rightly, Bush told them to piss off.

Bush rejects Taliban offer to hand Bin Laden over

Got history?

What is clear today as it was then, Bush wanted war at all costs.
He got his war, we got the costs.

I think the majority of the conservatives were in favor of the withdrawl but we wanted a plan to get out the americans and all the people who helped our troops like the interpreters and their families . This is not what Biden did ..
Your FOS.
It was the Trump and republicans that didn't want to provide $$$ or increase the level of Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs) when a vote took place July 22 .
The bill passed overwhelmingly in a 407-16 vote, with all “no” votes coming from Republicans. It will now move to the Senate.

May 19 2020
"This administration is hostile to refugees," says Adam Bates, with the International Refugee Assistance Project.

Bates says in Iraq there is a backlog of more than 100,000 people now in the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program P-2 Direct Access Program. Last year about 200 were cleared — down from nearly 10,000 in 2016.

The number of Afghans getting visas also is slowing — down about 60% in recent years, Bates says. More than 4,000 were cleared in fiscal year 2017, compared with about 1,650 in 2018.

Part we agree on: I agree that the Taliban enabled Al Qaeda who attacked the United States. And that means I totally support our attacking and destroying the Taliban and paying them back many times over for what they did to us. And I had no problem with our military staying involved and keeping them down by bombing and whatever else we wanted to do to them for as long as we need to keep them from being a threat and as a warning others what we will do to them.

What I don't agree with: Nation building in Afghanistan. It's a tribal country. Russia failed to control it. Britain failed four times. We had no chance. We should not have invaded and tried to build a government there. To maintain the government, we will have to stay for centuries. That is insane. W was a moron and really screwed us by putting us in an impossible situation where we could never leave.

It's really unfortunate that we sent so many Americans who fought and died for our country. My niece was in the military there and her husband did at least five tours that I remember. Now we pull out and it falls negating their sacrifice and the price we and they paid. I feel genuinely bad about that.

But what choice do we have? We have been there for almost 20 years and they aren't remotely able to support themselves. They won't be in our lifetimes. They won't be in our children's lifetimes.

What should we have done? What is the solution other than leaving? I can't believe Bush went in without realizing this is how at one point or another it would end.

Hello. I asked the same question 2 days ago and never received any advice.
Suddenly, all the expert military advisors pop up like mushrooms. They all know how to do it. How coincidental.

lennypartiv hahhahah---you also don't know any history
---it could hit you in the face and you still wouldn't get it--the evidence is unfolding RIGHT now in Afghanistan!!! right in front of your eyes!!!!!
here--my MOAB of evidence and links:

there isn't evidence of that. He provided the clerics the ability to allow their people freedom. Nothing wrong with that. It should have had a deadline and it didn't.

I don't know how you knew that's what W thought since W never denied he was nation building when everyone else said he was.

You're still wrong he didn't do anything I would do, I never would have had that troop level IN Afghanistan. I'd have killed Taliban, not ruled the country

Hello. I asked the same question 2 days ago and never received any advice.
Suddenly, all the expert military advisors pop up like mushrooms. They all know how to do it. How coincidental.

They all know how to do what? I'm not sure you're talking about my question

We are doing exactly that

Gotcha, so your standard is if the military goes on one mission then Biden isn't tying their hand. That's all it takes.

What is it like being that mindless a partisan twat?

Lush: I found one! I found one! That's all it takes (for a Democrat)! I found one!

Forum List

Back