Conservatives and Liberals| Are they alike?

People who bring flamethrowers to discussions are the problem. I have a mixture of liberal and conservative positions. Ideology just provides the point of view. Two choices here: play whack a mole or find areas of common ground.

It’s the independents that bring their flamethrowers out to every discussion while looking to accomplish nothing.

All “independents” do is complain and speak about how they are better than both sides, while not recognizing their own flaws.
Independents would be the first to admit our flaws if we had any.
I'm a registered independent but no one has any doubt where I stand on anything. Not going to play the impossible to pin down slippery independent game.

Most independents are just terribly embarrassed conservatives who hate having to ever play defense.
And right wingers say that most independents are actually embarrassed left wingers.

You folks are peas in a pod.
And you seem to simply enjoy lecturing everyone from your non-committal high-horse where you never have to defend anything.
Balance and moderation is not noncommittal.
Where I find myself disagreeing the most is the approach from which all extremes engage.

Every proposal, every solution, should start from a position of whether such a proposal or solution will infringe on liberty, and if so, is it the least intrusive, yet effective means possible?

Rarely will you see either extreme approach decisions from that very important perspective.

Thus, you get an asshole like me yelling and bitching, ready to burn this Union to the ground.

:laugh:

Ideological people are all the same, regardless of the ideology. They are tribal people who dismiss criticism of their own tribe, no matter how legitimate, and believe criticism of the other tribe, no matter how retarded

People who bring flamethrowers to discussions are the problem. I have a mixture of liberal and conservative positions. Ideology just provides the point of view. Two choices here: play whack a mole or find areas of common ground.

It’s the independents that bring their flamethrowers out to every discussion while looking to accomplish nothing.

Disagreed. If conservatives and liberals do not all march in lockstep, why would independents?

Disagreed. If conservatives and liberals do not all march in lockstep, why would independents?

The sole existence of independents is to criticize both sides.

That’s a part of it. However, it’s inaccurate to say it’s the “sole existence”. The other part is embracing aspects of both sides and making it our own.

That’s a part of it. However, it’s inaccurate to say it’s the “sole existence”. The other part is embracing aspects of both sides and making it our own.

I’m not straight down the line conservative. There are parts of me that are liberal. If a person agrees with every part of a particular ideology, chances are they’re not thinking for themselves. I’m talking about a group of fashionable independents that don’t believe in anything and live to criticize partisan this partisan that.

Nope.

Independents believe in collaboration and innovation.

Kinda like what created our Constitution.

Wingers just want to hide in their ideological Safe Space and fling poo.

For crying out loud. Say, do you never tire of your saucy bullshit?

The Constitution was created by way of a fierce fight, the federalists won, and the other side was crushed.

Both-side-ists just want to hide in their ideological Safe Space and fling poo - in all directions. Of course, it's the height of hypocrisy to claim they are non-ideological.

They are just sitting somewhere between progressives and the reactionaries (heading back to the 1950s), bereft of ideas of their own, anxiously calling on both sides not to change anything. They are, in fact, the conservatives abandoned by the Trumpish, reactionary GOP, without the creativity and energy to form a party, without the intellectual chops to formulate a program, and with nothing to fight for other than protecting their comfortable, intellectually lazy life against the noisy and messy politics of the day.

The Constitution was created by way of a fierce fight, the federalists won, and the other side was crushed.

Both-side-ists just want to hide in their ideological Safe Space and fling poo - in all directions. Of course, it's the height of hypocrisy to claim they are non-ideological.

They are just sitting somewhere between progressives and the reactionaries (heading back to the 1950s), bereft of ideas of their own, anxiously calling on both sides not to change anything. They are, in fact, the conservatives abandoned by the Trumpish, reactionary GOP, without the creativity and energy to form a party, without the intellectual chops to formulate a program, and with nothing to fight for other than protecting their comfortable, intellectually lazy life against the noisy and messy politics of the day.

Here's Mac, demonstrating what a serious thinker he is:

Funny x 1
Mac1958​

Funny x 1
Mac1958​
Seriously, you've gotta get me out of your head.

Funny x 1
Mac1958​

Yeah, you're even deluded enough to think this is about you, when, in fact, you are just boring.

It is about intellectual laziness on a grand scale, with nothing - literally nothing - to stand for than the status quo, which is unsustainable, and trying to discredit all who would fight to change it, not least by urging everyone to "compromise". That would then have progressives compromise with what are essentially brown shirts. But compromise there has to be, because Mac said so.

You and your ilk try to portray yourself as the cure to everything, snake oil salesmen all, just like Trump, just as intellectually lazy, but with an extended pinkie. The more see through you and your ilk, the better for the nation.

Funny x 1
Mac1958​

Yeah, you're even deluded enough to think this is about you, when, in fact, you are just boring.

It is about intellectual laziness on a grand scale, with nothing - literally nothing - to stand for than the status quo, which is unsustainable, and trying to discredit all who would fight to change it, not least by urging everyone to "compromise". That would then have progressives compromise with what are essentially brown shirts. But compromise there has to be, because Mac said so.

You and your ilk try to portray yourself as the cure to everything, snake oil salesmen all, just like Trump, just as intellectually lazy, but with an extended pinkie. The more see through you and your ilk, the better for the nation.
My goodness, you folks hate being compared to those you loathe.

Too bad. You're peas in a pod. You know it, otherwise you wouldn't constantly go drama queen for me.

By the way, show me where I use the term "compromise". Go ahead.

You can't, because as a partisan zombie, you just make it up as you go. You're a liar.

Just as I say to the right wingers. Peas in a pod.

Too bad. You're peas in a pod. You know it, otherwise you wouldn't constantly go drama queen for me.

You can't, because as a partisan zombie, you just make it up as you go. You're a liar.

Yeah, dummy, just like you hate being compared to those you loathe. It's just so I can compellingly justify my loathing, and you are loathing just because you need to.

As to "compromise" - it may well be so that you never used the term, but...

Have you ever considered the possibility that working together could lead to something NEW, something INNOVATIVE, like our Constitution?

Mac1958 said:

... how would you think "working together", or "collaboration", would be possible without compromise?

Yeah, "liar". Perhaps if you saw, for once, beyond the vacuity of your blab, you'd realize what you are actually saying.

Of course, it's your entire shtick: unloading on those you loathe as "wingers", depicting them with whatever behavior you find distasteful (by and large they are humans, and show all the traits humans exhibit, some of them unfortunate), and giving yourself a pat on the back, "Thank God I am NOT like Those people!" And all that because some folks with an agenda, their heart in it, are yelling at each other over their disagreements, unwilling to compromise, and unwilling to work together for the other side's objective would be to the detriment of the nation. Like racists, reactionary misogynists, and lawless fascists, as emboldened by Trump.

You never get beyond lazy generalities, you never put any meat on any bones, you never stand for any policy objective that might be novel, all you do is talk down whoever has something to offer of which you are entirely bereft: Passion for a set of policies. That would be the last thing for which you are known on here.

I don't buy the claim from people who follow politics that they're ''independent''. If you look closely, you'll likely find that they lean heavily to one direction. To me, true ''independents'' are people who aren't much interested in politics. They don't follow it nor do they understand much about it. They'll vote either way every 2-4 years. They are the ones that determine who is president.
Independent simply means one votes for candidates, not political parties, and yeah ... it's turnout and swing voters that determine who becomes POTUS.

Yeah, dummy, just like you hate being compared to those you loathe. It's just so I can compellingly justify my loathing, and you are loathing just because you need to.

As to "compromise" - it may well be so that you never used the term, but...

Have you ever considered the possibility that working together could lead to something NEW, something INNOVATIVE, like our Constitution?

Mac1958 said:

... how would you think "working together", or "collaboration", would be possible without compromise?

Yeah, "liar". Perhaps if you saw, for once, beyond the vacuity of your blab, you'd realize what you are actually saying.

Of course, it's your entire shtick: unloading on those you loathe as "wingers", depicting them with whatever behavior you find distasteful (by and large they are humans, and show all the traits humans exhibit, some of them unfortunate), and giving yourself a pat on the back, "Thank God I am NOT like Those people!" And all that because some folks with an agenda, their heart in it, are yelling at each other over their disagreements, unwilling to compromise, and unwilling to work together for the other side's objective would be to the detriment of the nation. Like racists, reactionary misogynists, and lawless fascists, as emboldened by Trump.

You never get beyond lazy generalities, you never put any meat on any bones, you never stand for any policy objective that might be novel, all you do is talk down whoever has something to offer of which you are entirely bereft: Passion for a set of policies. That would be the last thing for which you are known on here.
Just like the Trumpsters, you don't understand the difference between "collaboration & innovation" and the evil, simplistic "compromise".

And it appears I have another unhinged stalker.

Oh well. It is what it is.

Forum List

Back